Canada Kicks Ass
NDP Kyoto Plan

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Rev_Blair @ Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:58 pm

Learn science, Godz. I know it's hard and you need to prove things using facts and all that, but learn it.

How are things down there in Jesusland? Signed up for the army yet?

mcpuck @ Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:36 pm

Godz46 Godz46:
If Private Companies fuck up, they're screwed by the market forces. And I'm not forced to subsidize they're screw up with my tax dollars. That's not the case for Public Sector Corporations and employees. Why can't those in the science field get funding to say their is a problem? Because the "climate change" scientists have been revealed as they dumb asses they are when they predicted a "Global Freeze", and basic facts contradict with their theory time and time again. (See what I wrote about Climate change in my last message). Once the "Global Freeze" theory was proved to be a joke, they got scared....real scared. Because they'd face cutbacks in their departments, their labs and possibly their jobs. So they got some data together, "sexed it up" a bit, and presented as "facts" to politicians (this happened in every Country in in the developed world) warning about (what else?) "Global Warming".

I love this rhetoric .. you hear it time and time again … truthfully, the government should never really be involved in anything but infrastructure ..
Beyond that, your whole argument about our tax dollars is simply ridiculous. Our tax dollars are routinely poured into hair brained schemes promoted by the private sector. Corporate welfare is many times more expensive than social welfare.
If a crown corporation loses money and our tax dollars are wasted, at least the money flows into our economy. Finally, many crowns are profitable and augment tax dollars but that is never really brought up in rightist rhetoric. Crowns experience the risk benefit roller coaster like any other corporation. and ..uh .. oh yeah ... private Corporations certainly like acquiring crown corporations … I wonder why?

Godz46 Godz46:
[size=12]Right wingers favor individual freedom and decreased government intervention in their daily lives. Let me ask you something...how come is it when a company releases a "scientific reaserch" its known to be a joke. But when a government releases a study supporting its views, its hailed as "truthful" ? I mean don't political parties have its own personal ambition as well?

Righties favor this sort of freedom so they can further exploit their workers and cost cut to the determent of public and environment safety.
You are quite the cynic .. when a company releases a piece of scientific research it will with out a doubt be to their advantage. Why would they release anything that would hurt them? That would be stupid.
Canada’s government work on behalf of all Canadians and have nothing to gain.

Godz46 Godz46:
[size=12]I think the free market will eventually begin to invest in research for alternative energies when the time comes. But I don't think were going to be facing an oil crisis as soon as the Lefties will have you believe. I mean in the mid 70's, the Carter administration and the environmentalists (who again believed in a upcoming "Global Freeze" at the time) stated that we'd be out of oil in "20 years". 20 years later, they're still is oil. And according to the chemical engineers, there's more than we think they're is.

Avoiding an oil crisis is only theoretical. History indicates that there are still undiscovered oil deposits but why rely on that?
Free market? The free market only performs R & D on stuff that will be profitable. The free market will not invest in anything with out a guaranteed and immediate return on their investment. The free market will not get involved in something unless there is guaranteed market growth within a very short period.
The Free Market by its very nature, has no vision.

Streaker @ Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:12 pm

Dateline NBC and 20/20: More sterling sources from Godzilla! Bravo!

Rev_Blair @ Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:03 pm

The best explanation for people like Godz existing is the drugs. I've never seen anybody as unreasonable, unthinking, and brutally stupid except when I was dealing with junkies.

What are you one there, Godz? It isn't a barbituate or smack, those people are at least friendly. It certainly isn't mescaline or peyote or acid or mushrooms...those induce creativity and independent thought. Ibogaine is reputed to induce long periods of deep thought. It isn't a mild form of speed that he's on...the psychosis is too extreme in Godz' place.

So what's the deal, Godz? Crystal meth? Crack? Maybe you're old-fashioned and prefer your cocaine free-base? The effects of ether can be unpredictable, but that's what gives free-basing its kick...kind of like speedballs, but without the needles.

Now I know there are lots of odd chemicals out there, it could be something new. Godz is too conservative to try something that his fellow neo-nazis aren't on though, and history tells us that nazis prefer chemicals.

What is it that you fill your Friday nights with Godz? Is your refusal to join the army because you can't pass the drug test? It is, isn't it? Chemical induced cowardice. Your father would be so proud of you.

Rev_Blair @ Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:59 pm

I'm not questioning your state of mind at all, Godz. I'm just wondering what drugs made you a deluded, inadequate coward.

It's one of those new designer drugs, isn't it?

Rev_Blair @ Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:23 am

$1:
Let me ask you something, if you believe that Murder should be illegal, then why the hell arn't you part of the Winnipeg Police Department?

Judging by some of the things that the cops here have gotten themselves into, I'd have to say that they they think murder should be legal.

It isn't the same though, Godz. I don't get all happy when I hear about crime in this city. You, on the other hand, go off in your jeans at news of dead Iraqis.

mcpuck @ Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:46 am

Godz46 Godz46:
$1:
Beyond that, your whole argument about our tax dollars is simply ridiculous. Our tax dollars are routinely poured into hair brained schemes promoted by the private sector. Corporate welfare is many times more expensive than social welfare.

Yes it is. And if you read some conservative books or looked at free market think tanks publications you'd realize that Conservatives are against corpoorate welfare. Would you explain to me then why did the NDP and the Fiberals jumped like a bunch of monkeys with a bad case of hemeroids when Harper stated that he'll scrap Corporate Welfare if he becomes PM last election? Can you explain to me why Bombardier is the biggest donator to the Fiberal party?

Well, I’m certainly glad we can agree on something. Yes, the Liberals are certainly locked in a passionate oral 69 with many corporations. Its practically treasonous. There are many things I dislike about the conservative platform but I would vote for them on this issue alone. We need to stop the blood sucking and the cock sucking at every level. If the Canadian government really wants to support Bombardier, they should be buying their high-speed electric trains and supporting a development program for military jets (fighters and large transports) so that we can become less dependant on US technology.

Godz46 Godz46:
$1:
If a crown corporation loses money and our tax dollars are wasted, at least the money flows into our economy.

And gets wasted again without any punishment for mismanagement. Decreasing productivity and lagging innovation. You want to keep re-funding crown corporations even if they fuck up time and time again? Fine. Just look what happned to the Soviet Union, Ukraine, the Czech Republic and Poland when they did it back in the 70's.
$1:
Finally, many crowns are profitable and augment tax dollars but that is never really brought up in rightist rhetoric.
\
Crowns are Profitable???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Good one, why the hell then does the CBC keep asking for 1 billion dollars a year (despite being hammered by CTV, GLOBAL and the US networks in terms of ratings)? Why does Canada Post seem to embroiled in controversy every other day due to income? (Probably due to crushing competition from DHL, Fed Ex, UPS and Aramex) Why is CN loosing money year after year?

First off … many very good products came out of the eastern block in the past decade such as helicopters and rocket science (to name a couple). Those economies collapsed for many reasons. I’m not even sure if those economies died a natural death. Your example is really off the mark.
Your generalization of crowns is certainly a popular concept in mainstream media but maybe not very well researched.
In Manitoba, Manitoba Hydro, Winnipeg Hydro, MPIC, MTS and Manitoba Liquor Control Commission are all well managed, profitable businesses that make our province a fair amount of money. Of course there are many issues to address with these companies but they are still contrary examples of what you claim to be true about crowns.
CBC is a pretty good example of a crown that is suspect of wasting Canadian’s money. I believe this may be true to an extent. I am of the opinion that it is an exclusive club run by an entrenched group of elites. I find that disturbing. On the other hand, I believe that group of elites are passionate about Canada and Canadian issues. This passion is not evident in other news agencies. Over all, the CBC is a very important service that Canada needs to fund. I refuse to even discuss Canada Post. It a mess and way too easy for you to pick on.

Godz46 Godz46:
$1:
Righties favor this sort of freedom so they can further exploit their workers and cost cut to the determent of public and environment safety.

Time and time again, if you look at business history, you'll see that companies who have advanced the most were the ones who had the highest moral among employees. That's becuase in order to increase your company's productivity to the highest levels, you won't be able to acheive it through disgruntled workers. If the company does indeed suffer a PR breakthrough due to a case of no care for public and environmental safety there will be a consumer backlash, which no company big or small would risk nowadays. Further more, in the 90's we have seen the rise of consumer reporting in the Mainstream media which helps us know what is going on in the Corporate community without the help of Big brother.

Man, what world do you live in? Your wonderful concept of morale within companies has been proven through numerous studies, it is not a concept well embraced by corporate America. You live in a fantasy world. No one gives a rat’s ass about how a company treats their employees when it comes to consumer product selection. My company treats its employees poorly while it brags about being the employer of choice in my industry. Its all bull shit.

Godz46 Godz46:
$1:
Canada’s government work on behalf of all Canadians and have nothing to gain.

Nothing to gain? How about more power? More centralized decision making? more power to controll people's lives and views so they can have them believe whatever they want to believe. Having the ablity to carry out favours for their buddies and their own intrests (e.g. Cretin? Martin?)

True, games like that are played, I agree. But, a government is under the microscope way more than any one corporation. A government’s core role is to serve the people. Sometimes they actually do that. That microscope helps to keep them honest.

Godz46 Godz46:
$1:
Free market? The free market only performs R & D on stuff that will be profitable.

And what? ENERGY IS NOT PROFITABLE???? Are you really that dumb? Seriously?

Dumb? Did this guy just call me a name? GODZ? Do you realize how polite I have been to you? You are painfully short sighted about this entire debate. Energy is very profitable but there is so much infrastructure required to introduce any new form of energy. Beyond that, you have to convince the masses. Mainstream media has us all convinced that hydrogen powered cars are just mini “H” bombs. Of course this is a ridiculous portrayal of a hydrogen powered vehicle but everyone believes it. If everyone believes, who’s going to buy it???? THINK!!! I can go on and on about this subject.

Godz46 Godz46:
$1:
The Free Market by its very nature, has no vision

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks I needed that.
Now..let's see. Cell Phones that are more powerful and helped improve communication, the internet, Computers who are becoming more powerful and more cheaper, Cars that get better and better each year, cheaper and healthier food, more technology to make our lives easier, cameras, MP3's, should I continue? All these are thanks to the vision of Free Markets, competition and consumerism. Government is intrested in keeping the status quo, the Private sector is always looking to move us ahead.

Yeah ok, let’s see….
Cell Phone - developed by the military. I think the government runs the military.
Internet - developed by the military. I think the government runs the military.
Cars - better and better? … are you kidding me???? The basic Jeep .. you can buy one for about 30,000 bucks with some bells and whistles. This is literally the same frame, drive train and engine that they have been selling to the public for 30 years. What a rip off. All your SUV’s have engines designed in the fifties. Auto manufacturers place all kinds of bells and whistles that make the vehicle seem better and better every year but the real benefits are not there. Benefits like gas mileage and safety which have tremendous room for improvement were all implemented due to government legislation.

Godz46 Godz46:
$1:
You are quite the cynic .. when a company releases a piece of scientific research it will with out a doubt be to their advantage. Why would they release anything that would hurt them?

[size=12]Yes your right. But they would only release them through those non-partisan respecetd organizations. If you want to look through their spins then you can simply pick up the business section of your newspaper, where consumer reporting has been going on for almost a decade. Turn your TV on to Datline NBC, 60 minutes or 20/20. They're always investigating products and services. Or just contact the Better Business Bureau or any other Consumer advocacy organization. They seem to inform us better than Big brother himslef.

Non-partisan? Respected? These are fairytales man .. pure fiction …
True .. you are right .. those shows are prevalent in the media. They are very popular and get a lot of ratings. Don’t you dare think for a minute that those organization are doing it with altruistic motives.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next