Canada Kicks Ass
PM Paul Martin

FutureCndn2Be @ Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:01 am

Like him or not, he's ok by me. I'm just glad that election is over with. But, i've been wondering:

Now that he gets to stay in office for the time being, what do you think he should do now? I mean, as far as his shattered reputation and what he needs to do for you. Should he kiss ass? or what?

Well, for one thing, I sure hope he makes up for what he did. All I know that he did wrong was that sponsorship scandal..in which i don't know jack squat about. :( poor me..some canuck wannabe, huh?

Rev_Blair @ Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:20 am

He should bring in proportional representation, get Kyoto back on track, and institute the recommendations of the Romanow Report on Health Care. He can do all of those things with the support of the NDP and the Bloq.

sk1d @ Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:26 pm

hey rev, i heard layton talking about proportional representation, but i didn't get to hear all of what he was saying about it. How does it work?

Rev_Blair @ Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:04 am

There are lot of different models, but basically a party gets same number of seats as the percentage of their vote....If you get 20% of the popular vote, you get 20% of the seats in the House of Commons. It gives some power to the smaller parties and forces the large parties to behave because there is almost always a minority situation.

Rev_Blair @ Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:05 am

Three. Why three?

Rev_Blair @ Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:05 am

There are lot of different models, but basically a party gets same number of seats as the percentage of their vote....If you get 20% of the popular vote, you get 20% of the seats in the House of Commons. It gives some power to the smaller parties and forces the large parties to behave because there is almost always a minority situation.