Canada Kicks Ass
Should Canada bring in the death penalty?

1  2  3  4  5 ... 18  Next

tritium @ Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:06 pm

Now that we have more reliable means of determining if a person is guilty or not with DNA, do you think we should bring the death penalty back to Canada?

One thing I miss about Texas, is if you kill someone there, the state kills you back.

Now they just passed a new law that of there are 3 credible witnesses to the murder, you get put in the front of the line to be executed.

While other states are trying to abolish the death penalty, my home state of Texas just put in an express lane.

God Bless Texas.

hwacker @ Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:11 pm

"Other states are trying to abolish the death penalty... mine's putting in an express lane."

The great Ron White or Tater Salad.

Arctic_Menace @ Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:12 pm

I think we should have the Death Penalty for only the most twisted people...Like the Homolka's...

tritium @ Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:14 pm

hwacker hwacker:
The great Ron White.

You have great taste in what you listen too :wink:

tritium @ Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:16 pm

Arctic_Menace Arctic_Menace:
I think we should have the Death Penalty for only the most twisted people...Like the Homolka's...

You mean for mass murder offenses? YES!! I Agree.

I also like the 3 strikes laws in California. Life in prison of you have been convicted of 3 crimes.

Banff @ Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:22 pm

Hell No

hwacker @ Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:26 pm

tritium tritium:
Arctic_Menace Arctic_Menace:

You mean for mass murder offenses? YES!! I Agree.

I also like the 3 strikes laws in California. Life in prison of you have been convicted of 3 crimes.

Canada should impose the 3 strikes rules as well. Once ok maybe a mistake. Twice ok well maybe again a mistake. Third, well fuck you, get your ass in jail, forever. Yep I like it.

The Liberals would never buy it. Criminals in their mind never make a mistake, it’s the society around them that makes them do it.

Virgil @ Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:29 pm

Justice -- in termes of law, prison, and punishment-- is but a morally acceptable term for revenge. If a person committs a crime three times it does not mean he is going to live the rest of his life as a criminal. However, if it is certain by way of phsyciatric evidence that an individual will always remain a threat to the rights of other individuals-- and only in this circumstance!-- I believe that the death penalty should be an option.

fifeboy @ Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:33 pm

tritium tritium:

God Bless Texas.

I went to texas, once

hwacker @ Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:39 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:
tritium tritium:

God Bless Texas.

I went to texas, once

Did they kick you out and or threaten to toss your ass in jail for an extended period of time?

They can spot an outsider really quick.

JustKate @ Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:50 pm

I say "NO" to!!! Canada should never play God.

Like our Anthem......"God Keep our Land glorious and Free!" We depend on God for that, let's let him deal with the enemies of Canadians in the end. Protect and defend ourselves of course. But don't go further. Makes us no better then the enemy (foreign or domestic).

Hope that makes sense. To me it does.

hwacker @ Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:57 pm

JustKate JustKate:

Like our Anthem......"God Keep our Land glorious and Free!" We depend on God for that, let's let him deal with the enemies of Canadians in the end. Protect and defend ourselves of course. But don't go further. Makes us no better then the enemy.

I think this was around ......"God Keep our Land glorious and Free!" when Canadians killed bad people, and I think the land was more free back then.

Banff @ Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:57 pm

The Liberals would never buy it , it’s the society around them that makes them do it.

That would correct I don't care if its 1st or 2nd degree , manslaughter , sex play accident , drunk driving , war crimes , war , etc etc (the list is huge)murder is murder and they are all murder scenarios , so either you hang them all or none of them . There is no happy medium when it comes to murder . You want to be bias , prejudice and selective , go right ahead . Would you hang Bush or Rumsfeld for 3 strikes you're out ? Personally I think 3 strikes you're out is like giving permission for 2 . I'd rather see a little personal vigilanteism from a family member or freind than passing some law .

tritium @ Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:58 pm

JustKate JustKate:

Like our Anthem......"God Keep our Land glorious and Free!" We depend on God for that, let's let him deal with the enemies of Canadians in the end. Protect and defend ourselves of course. But don't go further. Makes us no better then the enemy (foreign or domestic).

[huh]

That's gotta be some good shit you smoke'in :D

hwacker @ Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:01 pm

Banff Banff:
. Would you hang Bush or Rumsfeld for 3 strikes you're out ?

Yep right after the UN gets some teeth and does what it says.

1  2  3  4  5 ... 18  Next