Canada Kicks Ass
Soldiers causualty rate 20 X higher since Conservatives take

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

BartSimpson @ Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:43 pm

Delwin Delwin:
The Liberal party was in power for 51 months of the Afghanistan mission, from Oct 2001 to December 2005 during which time 8 Canadians were killed.

This gives a ratio of 0.157 Deaths/Month or 1 death every 6.375 Months.

The Conservative party was in power for 19 months of the Afghanistan mission, from Jan 2006 to July 2007(today) during which time 59 Canadians have been killed.

This gives a ratio of 3.105 deaths/month or 1 Death every 0.322 months(10 days).

Time to get out.

Thank God Almighty that cowards such as you weren't around when things were really tough. YOU would've surrendered. :roll:

World War One: 64,944 Canadians lost.

World War Two: 45,300 Canadians lost.

Korean War : 1,558 Canadians lost.

And these were all wars in which Canada was one of the victors.

baylee @ Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:33 pm

EDIT BY MOD

RUEZ @ Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:12 pm

baylee baylee:
And dont you RW,s get toied of the stupid argument..
"it was the Libs who sent them there"

Who cares?
When you claim that Harper is responsible because he's an American wannabe, it's important to point out who is actually responsible just to prove you are an idiot.

ryan29 @ Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:28 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
baylee baylee:
And dont you RW,s get toied of the stupid argument..
"it was the Libs who sent them there"

Who cares?
When you claim that Harper is responsible because he's an American wannabe, it's important to point out who is actually responsible just to prove you are an idiot.

who cares who sent them there ? well the liberals are now trying to switch there position on this and go witht he polls to gain votes .

if the liberals were the ones who sent them there then they have to start excepting some responsibilty for this whole thing and need to realsie the job is not done, and should just stop complaining about the mission .

ridenrain @ Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:39 pm

$1:
“The families are well aware that there is debate on this mission. Nonetheless, at this particular point in time, the most sensitive and, I think, mature approach, would be to show them ... love and support. These soldiers died in a mission that they believed in, and saw progress occurring.”

[web]http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20070704/afghan_soldiers_070705/20070705?hub=TopStories[/web]

baylee @ Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:07 pm

ryan29 ryan29:

who cares who sent them there ? well the liberals are now trying to switch there position on this and go witht he polls to gain votes .

if the liberals were the ones who sent them there then they have to start excepting some responsibilty for this whole thing and need to realsie the job is not done, and should just stop complaining about the mission .

The reason the LIBS sent them there was to do something entirely different than what bush has told Harper they now have to do

And again, who cares who sent them there and for what reason.

Canadian soldiers are dieing in Afghanistan for no good reason at all

:(

"The only way we can win is to leave before the job is done." --George W. Bush, Greeley, Colo., Nov. 4, 2006

RUEZ @ Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:22 pm

baylee baylee:
The reason the LIBS sent them there was to do something entirely different than what bush has told Harper they now have to do

And again, who cares who sent them there and for what reason.

Canadian soldiers are dieing in Afghanistan for no good reason at all
Since you weren't smart enough to read this yet I'll repost the link that Putz was kind enough to find. Read this. Take notice of the date, that's right it's dated before the Conservatives won the election. It warns of Canada's increased risk due to their changing role in Afghanistan. Can you deny this?

ShepherdsDog @ Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:55 pm

he's never let the facts cloud his opinion before. :?

RUEZ @ Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:05 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
It seems you are right. That article seems to throw out the argument that most lefties use against Harper. I'm going to bookmark that for the next lefty who wants to claim Harper changed what we are doing in Afghanistan. Peacekeeping my ass.

ShepherdsDog @ Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:11 pm

Have to make the peace before you can keep it

putz @ Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:31 am

RUEZ RUEZ:
ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
It seems you are right. That article seems to throw out the argument that most lefties use against Harper. I'm going to bookmark that for the next lefty who wants to claim Harper changed what we are doing in Afghanistan. Peacekeeping my ass.

Glad I'm not the only one that did that. I'm used to my links and such being ignored by the lefties. Seems they don't like it or have no response when I post links to back up my arguments.

*edit- cause I wanted too

Wally_Sconce @ Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:25 am

The Afghan government has welcomed and wants Canada's support.

biopiracy @ Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:38 am

-Mario- -Mario-:
The big question is -> are we making a difference and why are we there...

MY QUESTION -> are we getting sufficient backup/support????

It's easy to have more casualties when you aren't carefully at the rear manning the photocopier. The soldiers are now in combat instead of like lefties want just being poster boys for political correctness.

Lets run so we can get back to the combat bra and minority targeted hiring, boo yeah!

If women not being stoned for feeling the sun on their face doesn't bother you we are not making a difference. If you are ok with an organization that killed 25 canadians on 9/11 having a secure base of operations then we are not making a difference.

Winnipeg has twice as many deaths as Afghanistan, Layton should organize the withdrawal to somewhere safer like Khandahar....

sasquatch2 @ Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:24 am

The LIBRANOs lost the last leection---"that's unfair"...

According to them the Supreme Court of Canada should rule the election invalid because the LIBRANOs are supposed to rule.

Royal Commisions investigating LIBRANO graft should be stopped and the research shredded.

WHINE WHINE WHINE

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Center_right_newfie @ Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:03 am

Well, the resurgence in the taliban began a month or two before the liberals were elected to office. Plus, if the liberals were still in power canadian vehicles would still be hitting roadside bombs and getting in accidents. If you actually look at the stats only a few canadians have died in actual combat and half of them have been due to friendly fire.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6