Canada Kicks Ass

The_Ranting_Man @ Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:25 am

edit

The_Ranting_Man @ Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:14 am

edit

Rev_Blair @ Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:35 am

Sgro helped a person whose situation had changed since coming to this country. That's part of her job both as an MP and as Minister of Immigration. MPs from all parties do it all of the time.

There are many things Sgro should be gone after for, like sending refugees back to countries where they will most likely be killed, but this is not one of them.

Rev_Blair @ Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:45 am

The program that allows strippers to get temporary visas has been in place for quite some time, Godz. It's merits are questionable, but blaming every bad program on Sgro is stupid.

Don't start whining about who made political contributions to who either because there's an old saying about pots and kettles and the boys you support are far from clean.

Like I said, there's plenty of things to after Sgro for. There's plenty of things to after the Liberals for. This isn't one of them. The Reform/Alliance/Conservatives picked up on it because their constituency is traditionally against anything having to do with sex. Now that it's rolling everybody will dive on it.

The only real question is why we're issuing temporary work permits at all. If we're short of people who work in any industry we should be giving them landed immigrant status so that they get the same rights and protections as anybody else in the workforce. It shouldn't matter if they are strippers or computer programmers.

I haven't seen a single Reform/Alliance/Conservative MP raise that question though. I guess it would be inconvenient because those Mexican farm workers couldn;t be screwed over and sent home so easily if that was changed.

QBC @ Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:21 pm

All I have to say about letting strippers into Canada........... SO WHAT?????????

My god, if this is the biggest problem we have as a nation, we should count our blessings. Who knows, maybe we should start and imported striiper section in the babes gallery, eventually they'll be Canadians right?

Rev_Blair @ Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:20 pm

$1:
Who knows, maybe we should start and imported striiper section in the babes gallery, eventually they'll be Canadians right?

Actually they probably won't be Canadians eventually QBC. That's a major part of the problem with temporary work permits for specific areas of the employment sector. It also makes the Conservatives preoccupation with "strippergate" even more reprehensible.

There are a few areas that are targeted like this, farm-workers being the biggest. We give them temporary visas to do the work that Canadians don't want to do. They tend to work for low pay and not know what their rights are. Because they don't know what their rights are and are here on temporary visas they are often at the mercy of unscrupulous employers.

It's a major issue that spans a lot of segments of our society, and it's made worse by the current focus on "security". Instead of encouraging a look at the overall issue, much of which consists of policy that the Conservatives agree with or would make even more stringent, they concentrate on one case in a way that can score them points with their core supporters.

If this woman and others here on temporary work visas, no matter what industry they work in, were given landed immigrant status, they could move up the socio-economic scale and they would not be at risk of being abused by their employers. Instead the Conservatives are screaming because there's sex involved.

Rev_Blair @ Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:11 pm

$1:
I'm blaming THIS on Sgro (as well as other problems with immigration this country faces), she herself has abused her powers and let this stripper in simply becuase clubs in Canada cannot find enough women who would put themselves in this kind of situation.

Godz, you'd be defending this if Stevie Harper or Doris Day said to. The thing is that you don't even understand the issue because you get your information from non-factual opinion pieces and sound-bites.

$1:
HELL REV...THE NDP...YES!!! THE NDP has slammed Sgro for this.

Yes they have, but for quite different reasons than the Reform/Alliance/Conservatives.

$1:
Layton even called the liberals as "friends of the sex industry".

Yes he did, but again the reasons the NDP outlined had to do with the issues surrounding temporary work visas and how they ead to the infringement of worker's and women's rights.

$1:
YOUR GONNA GO AGAINST YOUR OWN PARTY?

All the time. I don't follow anybody blindly, Godz. Something you have to understand about the NDP...it's democratic. That's why they put that word in the middle of it.

NOW STOP FUCKING SCREAMING YOU MORON!

$1:
Who cares, this simply destory's the left's accusations that Conservative governments only support their campaign donators. (Leftsist are much worse)

Another lie from Godz...no surprise there.

$1:
Gald to see you supporting the sexual exploitation of women while supporting importing strippers. Leftist hypocrisy strikes again!!!

Don't try to put words in my mouth or attribute things to me that are untrue, Godz. It's another form of lying.

$1:
Oh my god, the Conservatives are doing their constituents tell them to do! SEND THEM TO THE GULAGS!!!

No, you idiot. They are pandering to the lowest common denominator and ignoring the larger issue because they don't want to change the parts of the system that are at the root of this.

$1:
Becoming a Canadian citizen is not a birthright no matter how much leftists want it to be.

Did I use the word citizen in what you quoted at all, Godz? No. I said landed immigrant. Do you understand the difference? Do you understand that this country was built by working class immigrants? Do you understand that this is a much bigger issue than whether women from Eastern Europe work in strip clubs or not. Do you understand that temporary work visas put people like this at risk?

Understand, what am I saying? You aren't human enough to even care.

$1:
Oh the conservatives have been raising the issue. On reforming immigration to those who want to work here and live in peace, not those who want to abuse our medicare system, our freedoms to defame certain communities here, our welfare policies and live off the dole of generosity of working people, while never lifting a finger.

The Conservatives only want to let their kind of people in, Godz. Rich corporate lackeys, preferably American, preferably white, definitely Christian.

Scape @ Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:48 am

Rev_Blair Rev_Blair:
NOW STOP FUCKING SCREAMING YOU MORON!

Empty vessels really do make the most noise. At least he's talking about strippers.

Rev_Blair @ Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:58 am

I'm just hoping that if I scream louder he'll drop his voice down to a reasonable tone.

True-North @ Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:33 pm

Rev_Blair Rev_Blair:
The Conservatives only want to let their kind of people in, Godz. Rich corporate lackeys, preferably American, preferably white, definitely Christian.

Since when did that become a crime?
(No insults or name calling please)

Rev_Blair @ Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:30 pm

They'd do it to the exclusion of all others, True North. That's not what built this country and not what will help it to progress.

Unlike the "Sovereign Republic of Alberta" most of this country woul like to progress.

True-North @ Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:08 pm

Rev_Blair Rev_Blair:
They'd do it to the exclusion of all others, True North. That's not what built this country and not what will help it to progress.

Unlike the "Sovereign Republic of Alberta" most of this country woul like to progress.

Progress? One man’s progress could be another’s regress. And as for Alberta being progressive, people of all nationality and background are flocking here .Economic motivation primarily .We a very cosmopolitan locale. I suppose we do have quiet a bit provincial pride thus the since of self sufficiency.

True-North @ Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:10 pm

Rev_Blair Rev_Blair:

BTW their party isn't all whites guys.