Canada Kicks Ass
We need more immigration

1  2  3  4  Next

aircanada2000 @ Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:32 pm

Canada seriously needs more immigration especially from countries in Latin America and Asia. I will tell you why. So pro-life people will become the majority in this country. A vast majority of Latin Americans and Muslims are pro-life.

It would also play into the hands of both Liberals and Conservatives. Liberals have been considered the party of immigrants. The Conservatives do well with people who are pro-life and support strong families. It is a win-win situation.

Antoine @ Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:08 pm

You are correct in all that you wrote. Most Latin Americans are pro-life because of their cultural and religious affiliation with the Catholic church. If you are pro-life, which you are, then you're right to say it is a win-win situation.

I am an American, and I am vehemently pro-choice. I am a married man, and there is no way I could make that type of decision for women I don't know. I have marched in Washington DC alongside Gloria Stein on this issue.

Anyway, I am in the beginning stages of immigrating to Canada myself, and I think Latin Americans will have a difficult time getting Refugee status, and even more challenges earning enough points to immigrate as Skilled Workers. Hence, your immigration process will hinder the hopes you raised in your post, from my limited point of view.

hwacker @ Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:41 am

Antoine Antoine:
You are correct in all that you wrote. Most Latin Americans are pro-life because of their cultural and religious affiliation with the Catholic church. If you are pro-life, which you are, then you're right to say it is a win-win situation.

I am an American, and I am vehemently pro-choice. I am a married man, and there is no way I could make that type of decision for women I don't know. I have marched in Washington DC alongside Gloria Stein on this issue.

Anyway, I am in the beginning stages of immigrating to Canada myself, and I think Latin Americans will have a difficult time getting Refugee status, and even more challenges earning enough points to immigrate as Skilled Workers. Hence, your immigration process will hinder the hopes you raised in your post, from my limited point of view.

You don't know the immigration dept in Canada, Latino's are making there way here and when the wave starts I don't think we will be able to stop it. I have no problem with Latino's, they are hard working religious people. Just have to get them not to vote Liberals and we’ll be all set.

ManifestDestiny @ Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:55 am

The USA ghas been having this wave of latinos for some time now. They are very hard working. They take jobs noone want any more. they have acculay revitalized some old downtown area that where bad once. You should let them in. I am a little weary about muslims though.

jadeofthenorth @ Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:08 am

Let me get this straight. You want more immigration just so pro-lifers can be the majority so abortion can be made illegal? By which party? The cons already said its an issue they won't tackle in their policiy convention. Even if they got elected and went against their own policies there is a little something called the tyrany of the majority. It won't happen. Abortion will never ever be illegal in Canada without some profound scientific discovery.

Dan74 @ Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:12 am

What we need is more of the right immagration.
I understand strippers may seem like a good idea but I have yet to hear of one that actually admits to how much they earn for taxes.
We need doctors and nurses badly.Maybe younger people that could join the military.
And just bringing in pro-lifers is just gonna give ranks to the bible nuts that love to judge and censor everything thye can think of.

Antoine @ Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:57 am

I'm immigrating, and I'm a teacher. Do you need any teachers?

xerxes @ Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:01 pm

Yes and no. Depends on which province you go to. Don't go to BC for two reasons: The provincial Liberals (who are nothing like their federal counterparts) have been trimming the amount of teachers in our schools and I hope to be one in the future as well, and I'd like to stay in BC if at all possible.

Dan74 @ Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:35 pm

In Ontario there has been some sort of teacher vs the province war going on for the last 20 years.NDP,PC,Liberal..It don't matter they have been fighting everytime a contract talks start.The school boards vs the teachers always boils over to the provincal goverment level.

xerxes @ Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:03 pm

Same in BC. The Liberals here have declared war on unions. Teachers, nurses, transit workers, you name it. The gov't screws them over every time.

jadeofthenorth @ Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:08 pm

Government employees should have no reason to unionize, IMHO. The government should be treating employees properly in the first place. Unions are mostly the gov'ts fault, they are ineffcient and a waste of money when it should be the goernment ensuring workers rights.

Antoine @ Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:02 am

Dan74 Dan74:
In Ontario there has been some sort of teacher vs the province war going on for the last 20 years.NDP,PC,Liberal..It don't matter they have been fighting everytime a contract talks start.The school boards vs the teachers always boils over to the provincal goverment level.

My family's decision to immigrate is final, the application is being sent out in a week (takes one to two years for processing with medicals, background checks, and because the CIC is underfunded and somewhat disorganized). Also, we are definitely going to Toronto. Anybody have any input regarding the Toronto School Board, or even the schools of Peel?

That is interesting what you wrote about the Liberals attacking unions. I'd think the Progressive Conservatives would. Here in the States, the Democrats back unions most of the time, not dismantel them. So, the NDP is the only party really backing unions? Interesting. Only about 9% of American employees are in a union, whereas in Canada the percentage is much, much higher.
Anyway, any input on Toronto would be appreciated. I keep checking their website for job postings, but not have been posted. Maybe in later spring.

figfarmer @ Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:09 am

Anyone whacky enough to think we need to have more people come into Canada because they are pro-life should get the heck out of Canada and go live in the slums somewhere in Mexico or Thailand.

Canada does need more folks coming in, but let's have some nice Brits or New Zealanders please. They're civilised. Better yet, let's fast track the American deserters.

hwacker @ Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:34 am

figfarmer figfarmer:
Anyone whacky enough to think we need to have more people come into Canada because they are pro-life should get the heck out of Canada and go live in the slums somewhere in Mexico or Thailand.

Canada does need more folks coming in, but let's have some nice Brits or New Zealanders please. They're civilised. Better yet, let's fast track the American deserters.

Yeah thats what we need "American deserters" people like Jane Fonda too i guess.

Seemore doless is not what Canada needs.

RUEZ @ Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:36 am

hwacker hwacker:
Yeah thats what we need "American deserters" people like Jane Fonda too i guess.

Seemore doless is not what Canada needs.
I grew up in a town in northern BC that was home to many draft dodgers and other Americans, and I can tell you they are fine people. Better people than some you'll meet on this forum I can guarantee that.

1  2  3  4  Next