Canada Kicks Ass
fascist regime in British Columbia

Previous  1  2  3  4

civiltech @ Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:02 pm

[QUOTE BY= gaulois] [QUOTE BY= civiltech] I don't recall any lobbiest groups. I will concede that I'm in the dark and want to know what you mean. Please explain this to me.[/QUOTE] <br />Bureaucracies whether private or public generate great gobs of paperwork when they go through tender work. The militaries are quite famous for that and will refer you to the helicopters, the submarine job or an air traffic control system in the domain of public safety. Some of this or in fact most of this is not a pretty sight. I will leave to your imagination what happens when bureaucrats under political pressure are in charge for establishing tender requirements or evaluating them and dealing with Equipment Vendors, service providers, consultants, etc... This is how the real world of bureaucracies operate, private or public. Many talented people simply refuse to work in such an environment.[/QUOTE] <br /> <br />I still don't understand what your talking about. I"ve yet to meet a buracraut who's in charge of tender requirements! And the gobs of paperwork have been created to impede contract disputes, miscommunications, and essentially costing the taxpayer money. Nobody likes paperwork, the reason it exists is to ensure clarification for all parties involved in conception, design, an construction. <br />I'm bidding quite a bit of work right now for Defence Construction Canada, and don't see the lobbyists at work. My experience in Institutional Construction including Hospitals and Schools doesn't give me the same view you have either. However, if you have some more specific points that will point it out to me, I will by all means be looking for it. <br /> <br />I will agree with you that the top of the gene pool doesn't make a career out of the public sector. Often it's quite easy for unethical constructors to dupe the construction coordinators in the public sector to pay out additional funds for changes to contract, etc. Fortunately, that is not a common practise, but still, hits the tax payer for paying for the public servent's lack of experience, and ability in his field. <br /> <br />

whelan costen @ Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:02 pm

Civiltech quote: 'I still don't get what you are talking about' and 'give me some examples' <br /> <br />I gave you the best examples you can find back on page 6 of this thread; ' A good book to read on this is 'On The Take' by Stevie Cameron' It is a very thick book which will make you want to vomit, when you see all the pay offs etc etc!

civiltech @ Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:52 pm

[QUOTE BY= whelan costen] Civiltech quote: 'I still don't get what you are talking about' and 'give me some examples' <br /> <br />I gave you the best examples you can find back on page 6 of this thread; ' A good book to read on this is 'On The Take' by Stevie Cameron' It is a very thick book which will make you want to vomit, when you see all the pay offs etc etc![/QUOTE] <br /> <br /> <br />I will read this book. If it is indeed credible, you are looking at one pissed off taxpayer, and one very unhappy contractor.

Calumny @ Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:59 pm

Gee, civiltech, might depend which gene you're looking at, or see value in. <br /> <br />Still, I know what both you and gaulois mean, although gaulois also indicated he was referring to both private and public sector bureaucracies. Bureaucracy is often the ideal environment for those who prefer to avoid decisions and accountability. <br /> <br />It's unfortunate though because an effective public service is of critical importance to society. <br /> <br />

Previous  1  2  3  4