Canada Kicks Ass
Rugby - Six Nations Championship 2006.

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

danikyvor @ Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:51 am

Scotland won the game last night against the Auld Enemy, 18-12!

My husband and I went to the game at Murrayfield and the atmosphere was absolutely thrilling!!! We found ourselves seated in a clump of English fans though, and an English supporter was getting really annoyed with his team, and he shouted 'Remember Culloden!!!' and a Scotsman responded with 'Remember Bannockburn!'

LOL

Too funny.

-Mario- @ Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:41 am

Crap.. I have the dish and I still don't get those games. I was Canada would have a rugby league.

danikyvor @ Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:09 am

I thought Canada DID have a rugby league? There's an international team, so surely there's a league of some kind...there's only one way you can get on a national team, and that's by playing league games

-Mario- @ Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:10 am

dimoreien dimoreien:
I thought Canada DID have a rugby league? There's an international team, so surely there's a league of some kind...there's only one way you can get on a national team, and that's by playing league games

We do.... but we never see games on TV. I used to watch Australian Rugby when I was on cable... because that all we had.

danikyvor @ Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:14 am

I posted the link to the Scotland England match in the Links section of the main page, if you want to check it out!

-Mario- @ Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:15 am

Thanks... will do.

-Mario-

maritimematt @ Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:15 am

Well played Scotland, a deserved victory.

(harrumph....!)

danikyvor @ Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:16 am

Shoot, I forgot to pick the genre from the pull down menu. It's showing as 'business' lol! Ah well.

maritimematt @ Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:17 am

dimoreien dimoreien:
Shoot, I forgot to pick the genre from the pull down menu. It's showing as 'business' lol! Ah well.

Well, I suppose the Scots took care of business, so not too far from the truth!

:cry:

danikyvor @ Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:20 am

It was a great game though MaritimeMatt! Not sure what was up with the English side. There's rumours actually that Andy Robinson might get fired.

maritimematt @ Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:23 am

I was listening to it on the radio, not a big points game but tough play from both sides.

Scottish rugby has been really great of late - I think the problem was that England expected to go into this and, if not get a walkover, at least achieve a comfortable win. These sorts of upsets are what make the Six Nations so good however. No matter if we get the 'wrong' result.....!

danikyvor @ Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:32 am

That was France's problem too. They went into the match thinking it would be an easy washover, but they didn't do their homework!! Scotland caught them totally unprepared.

I wish Italy could scrape up some wins, they have so much potential! I really feel for them.

Hester @ Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:05 am

You have to like Scotland's chancing of winning the Six Nations. With games against Ireland and Italy coming and having already defeated France and England. It was good to see Wales win last year, it would be great to see Scotland win this year.

Hester @ Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:59 pm

That's changed.
The France/England game tomorrow is a big one. An England win would make their game next weekend against Ireland the decider.
A French win would leave Scotland needing Wales and England to win next week to hope for a four-way tie for first.

It was also good to see Italy win their first ever away point in the Six Nations today.

danikyvor @ Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:02 pm

The Italy Wales game was really exciting to watch today!! I think that next year the Italian team are going to be a real force to be reckoned with.

I desperately want France to win tomorrow.

The Scots defended very well today, but the Irish were all over the ball. I think we're starting to rely a little too heavily on our penalty kicks. I think that's why Frank took Chris Paterson out lol

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next