Canada Kicks Ass
Does anyone ride bikes?

Previous  1  2

bossdog @ Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:50 pm

Picking up the Harley XL1200N Nightster this summer when I move to Florida. The misses will be getting an 883.

BartSimpson @ Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:09 pm

When I was in high school I had a moped my junior year and the summer between that and my senior year the old guy down the street traded me straight across for his deceased son's 1948 Type E panhead. Yes, I know, what a deal. This was 1981 and the bikes weren't as popular as today so my parents yelled at me and my dad told me I'd been screwed.

It was a mixed blessing.

Suddenly I was "cool" with people (and girls :P ) who'd never thought of me that way and the downside was that I was getting CONSTANTLY harassed by teachers and school security (we called them 'narcs') and that part was no fun at all.

I was always explaining that I didn't wear leathers because I was a "biker" it was because I was allergic to road rash which, praise God, never happened to me. I never crashed or had an accident ever. Nearest I came to that was hitting oil on a left turn in traffic and the rear slid out just enough to make me about pee my pants. After that I was careful to avoid oil spots.

I finally sold it when I joined up with the Marines.

For $800

Previous  1  2