Canada Kicks Ass
Jay Leno & Knight Rider's 500KR Shelby Mustang....

stemmer @ Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:34 am

Certainly worth the 7 minute viewing...

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2008/02/e ... night.html

mtbr @ Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:11 am

Jay's got a lot of stuff. I notice Gm is the sponsor, he sure doesn't seemed to enthused about the new MALIBU Web Page Name jay lenos garage :wink:

stemmer @ Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:58 pm

Jay's an auto enthusiast and the Malibu is just another sedan... Now ask him about the new Corvette Z06, Shelby Mustang or Dodge Challenger and you'll get a more lively response...

I never noticed any Toyotas in his garage...

mtbr @ Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:36 pm

He does have one Honda! :lol: here

stemmer @ Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:24 am

That's because Japanese cars are not as durable as domestics....

mtbr @ Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:44 am

stemmer stemmer:
That's because Japanese cars are not as durable as domestics....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ROTFL [but]

stemmer @ Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:50 am

There are still Model Ts, Model As, 57 Bel Airs, 56 Crown Vics and 66 Mustangs on the streets in Halifax YET I see NO 72 Corollas or 74 Celicas... That has to tell ya' something....

mtbr @ Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:22 am

stemmer stemmer:
There are still Model Ts, Model As, 57 Bel Airs, 56 Crown Vics and 66 Mustangs on the streets in Halifax YET I see NO 72 Corollas or 74 Celicas... That has to tell ya' something....

Yeah it tells me that imports were shit in the 60's and 70's but times have changed maybe its time for you to do the same.
When Toyota starts selling 73 Celicas once again GM will have it made. They sell cars made in this century not the last. GM should start doing the same maybe they'll start making money.

Consumers can't drive around in old collectors items for everyday purpose.Unless they're stinking rich like yourself....if I send you a self addressed stamp-ed envelope will you fill it full of 1000 dollar bills so I can buy a ZO6?

If I get the chance I'll stop and take a few pics of an old Toyota collection and post them for ya!

Yes they do exist. Have you ever heard of a Land Cruiser ? Lots of those driving around Calgary, people have even imported old right drives from the 70's...why would they go through the trouble?

You don't see old imports because you don't look for old imports

:lol:

stemmer @ Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:09 am

Yes... I actually owned a 74 and a 77 Landcruiser....They used an inline 6 cylinder that was modeled after the Chevy Blue Flame 6 cylinder of the 1950's.. HONEST...

They were pretty tough vehicles but you could watch 'em rust... My 1977 Landcruiser's floor and front fenders were completely rusted away by 1980...

mtbr @ Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:10 am

stemmer stemmer:
Yes... I actually owned a 74 and a 77 Landcruiser....They used an inline 6 cylinder that was modeled after the Chevy Blue Flame 6 cylinder of the 1950's.. HONEST...

They were pretty tough vehicles but you could watch 'em rust... My 1977 Landcruiser's floor and front fenders were completely rusted away by 1980...

I owned a a 1985 GMC Sierra Classic it started rusting in 1991, the rust started at the bottom of the cab and ran all the way up to the back window...it started pushing blue smoke after only 105000 km.
It had GM's quality small block V8. 305ci

I would fill the gas and fill the oil at the same time.... :P