Canada Kicks Ass
My Restoration Project is Complete

Previous  1  2  3

RockyMtn_Girl @ Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:28 pm

Okay, okay....here's two links for you. A couple of things though - 1) sorry for the poor video quality...I can't do anything about it. The audio however makes up for it. 2) Yes, that's my husband driving the car but hey, he did build it. I thought I'd give him the honors of being the first to burn a little rubber. 3) He was just getting warmed up when we were interrupted by traffic. As it was we drove out to the farthest reaches of Springbank (15 miles out of the city) on a dead-end road and we still encountered traffic! :x Goes to show you that Calgary has gotten too damn big when you can't find a quiet, out-of-the-way spot to lay a little rubber without someone calling the cops! :lol:

Anywho, the car is running beautifully and is a real head-turner. I've been having a lot of fun in it so far!

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= ... 3883716262

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= ... 6463303722

-Mario- @ Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:48 pm

Cool car... YOu must be soo happy.

Wullu @ Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:22 pm

There ya go!! Grats on a very nice ride!! PDT_Armataz_01_34

SprCForr @ Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:57 am

Ahhhh, much better now! Thanks for the vid's. PDT_Armataz_01_34

Any stalking of Imports with lots of stickers and coffee can exhaust tips in the future? :lol:

RockyMtn_Girl @ Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:02 pm

WDHIII WDHIII:
Excellent Videos RMG!

LOL I didnt realize you lived in Calgary..... ya know i SWEAR I saw your Pony car on Crowchild a while ago..... maybe it was when you were on your way to Springbank!

If it WAS you youre right..... it IS a HEADTURNER!

R=UP

We do live in the south end of the city and use Crowchild a lot, so chances are good you may have seen my car along there somewhere! :D

If you'd been at the A&W on Glenmore last Wednesday, you might have even seen me. I was the only one there wearing a CKA t-shirt! :P

LittleBastard @ Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:30 am

Yo RockyMtn_Girl...

Your restored Pony looks awesome... have fun enjoying it!!! :wink:

Back in the day I rolled my mom's '69 coupe... she was NOT happy!!! :cry:

Now I know the last thing you really want to do is beat on that sweet new ride... but I have to say that I was not super impressed with the burnouts!?

They were pretty good... but not great!? I'm sure that Pony has a lot more in her/him!? Does her/him happen to have a name!?

FYI.... Here's a real burnout!!!

Massive Mustang Burnout

RockyMtn_Girl @ Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:44 pm

PorscheBoxster2001 PorscheBoxster2001:
Yo RockyMtn_Girl...

Now I know the last thing you really want to do is beat on that sweet new ride... but I have to say that I was not super impressed with the burnouts!?

They were pretty good... but not great!? I'm sure that Pony has a lot more in her/him!? Does her/him happen to have a name!?

FYI.... Here's a real burnout!!!

Massive Mustang Burnout

Thanks PB2001. Sorry the burnouts didn't impress you but if you'd like to send me $570 for two rear tires, I'd be more than happy to burn them off for you! :twisted: You're right though, we didn't get a chance to really do a good burnout. Like I said earlier, we were attracting a lot of unwanted attention. I guess the rural crime watch program really does work. All those people with nothing better to do than watch the traffic go by....

As for how much my pony has in it, my husband has been building race engines, specifically SB Fords, for roughly 30 years. This engine was not built for racing but for reliability and long distance road trips. With the parts in it and the specs he estimates it's making roughly 400 hp. His rule of thumb is any decent engine should make at least 1 hp per cubic inch then add what you want on top depending on the application. I'm more than confident that if he wanted to, he could have done a spectacular burn out. Still could....just send a cheque or money order to RMG@CKA! :lol:

LittleBastard @ Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:44 am

The CHECK is in the mail!!! :wink:
LOL

SprCForr @ Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:22 pm

Hey RockyMtn girl!

Got any better video yet?

Just give in now. You know I'll keep this up... :lol:

RockyMtn_Girl @ Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:34 pm

SprCForr SprCForr:
Hey RockyMtn girl!

Got any better video yet?

Just give in now. You know I'll keep this up... :lol:

Nope 8)

But there's always this summer..... :wink:

For anyone who cares, here's a link to another site I use that has some pics (in more or less chronological order) of the restoration from start to finish. Gives you an idea of the amount of work that went into this car and my reluctance to thrash on it....just yet anyway! :P

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/photoPost/s ... hp?cat=575

SprCForr @ Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:36 pm

Very nice work indeed! I don't blame you for not wanting to thrash it, but putting it on a strip is putting it to proper use, right?

Thanks for the reply and the link too! Keep us posted OK?

Previous  1  2  3