Canada Kicks Ass
Union to challenge Toyota's Ontario plant

Previous  1  2  3  4

kenmore @ Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:22 pm

the unions are not the reason for shoddy workmanship.. there is a cultural issue and work ethic in japan and it is not the same here.. i am sure that the big 3 automakers have a hand in the cut corners and cut costs... the collective agreement between the union and the employer is a contract that deals with hours of work, benefits, retirement, and pension.. seniority issues and job security ( in some cases) the collective agreement does not deal with quality or materials used, it does not deal with profit margins.. i think you can lay blame for low quality on management.. one can only work with what one is given to work with...

mtbr @ Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:24 pm

We're talking about vehicles that are made and sold here not Japan.

kenmore @ Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:28 pm

i know that.. but if you have a japanese auto plant .. the work ethic would be instilled in it.. if it unionized the quality wouldnt go to pot... thats my point..

mtbr @ Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:31 pm

kenmore kenmore:
i know that.. but if you have a japanese auto plant .. the work ethic would be instilled in it.. if it unionized the quality wouldnt go to pot... thats my point..

Cambridge Ontario....land off thousands and thousands of Japanese... :lol:

why don't the big 3 go take some Japanese management courses?..might put Buzz in the S...t house :lol:

kenmore @ Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:53 pm

you are missing the point mtbr... what i mean is toyota is a japanese company..not that there are japanese in cambridge.. it is the management and the owners .. I was told by someone who had worked at GM and now works for toyota that there is a world of difference in how it is run..

mtbr @ Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:55 pm

kenmore kenmore:
you are missing the point mtbr... what i mean is toyota is a japanese company..not that there are japanese in cambridge.. it is the management and the owners .. I was told by someone who had worked at GM and now works for toyota that there is a world of difference in how it is run..

really...I was thinking of buying a Sushi franchise in Cambridge :lol:

kenmore @ Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:03 pm

might work who knows....

Mustang1 @ Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:00 pm

Actually, some unionized plants do win accolades for quality. I guess some of the auto ignoramuses don't know that. Typical.

Shadow_Flanker @ Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:30 am

I find that some of these "quality" awards are given out way too easily. Its like "eveybody gets a trophy day" in the auto business.

Previous  1  2  3  4