Canada Kicks Ass
CKA ogame.org Alliance

Previous  1 ... 33  34  35  36  37

Ripcat @ Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:34 pm

CapeApe CapeApe:
Look this venom is still attacking...
do we not have an alliance in place for such as this...
if not let me know so that I can stop playing ..
no sense in hard work just to see someone else profit :evil:

If you are repeatedly getting attacked then you are doing something wrong....

The only assistance I can give you is advice.

Why is venom attacking you repeatedly? Are you letting your resources build up too high? Do you know how to fleet/resource save correctly?

Scape @ Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:37 pm

I sent you resources.

CapeApe @ Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:19 pm

lol 4 times today..
5 times yesterday
im still building don't have much of anything
he says its for proffit

Scape @ Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:58 pm

Yeah, had that problem when 1st building up too. I had one guy hit me 4 times a day every day for 2 weeks with waves of death stars. You can't leave resources for the taking, either use it or learn to fleet save so it can't get hit. Never have more than half a mil sitting around or a large fleet in orbit, it acts like a magnet.

Ripcat @ Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:06 pm

I never have more resources on a planet than what will accumulate in 24hrs.

Daily I send all resources to my homeworld where I spend it, transport out the exact amount needed to build on another planet or fleet/res save on a deploy/recall mission.

I'll dig up the fleetsaving tips I wrote and posted on the CKA clan forum and post here.

Ripcat @ Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:17 pm

OK, here it is:

Fleet saving, phalanxes and stuff...

A discussion on fleet saving would be incomplete without also understanding the capabilities of a moon's sensor phalanx. Most of this stuff I have experienced first hand but is probably far from filling in all the finer details, as detailed as it may, or may not, be....

I'm hoping I can enlighten many about fleetsaving and spare even more the painful losses so many of us have already endured.

For those of you that already know most of this stuff, please note that this has been written for the uninitiated. Hopefully you may find something new and please feel free to add, expand upon or correct.

Fleet saving:

Fleet saving is used to protect your ships and resources when you are not online. Due to powers beyond our control most of us can't be sitting at the computer 24/7(as much as we'd like too) so fleet saving is a must before going offline. There are a variety of ways to fleet save with varing degrees of danger. At it's most basic, it is used to send your ships and resources on a mission where they are safe from attack while you are away from the computer. Your ships and resources are impossible to attack while they are in transit, a mission cannot be intercepted while enroute.

The Sensor Phalanx:

A sensor phalanx can only be built on a moon and only planets can be scanned by them. A phalanx can scan a planet and give the user information on current fleet movement in and out of that planet. This fleet information contains a countdown time to arrival at all destinatons(planet, moon or debris field), what the destination is, a countdown time to return(if sent on harvest, transport, attack or defend missions), and the departing fleets size and composition(I have phalanx level 5 in uni30 and I am unable to see fleet size and compostition of a returning fleet if I scanned after the fleet started the return leg of its mission, perhaps a higher level phalanx will reveal this info). Cost per scan is 5000 deut. To build a level 6 sensor phalanx costs Metal: 640.000, Crystal: 1.280.000, Deuterium: 640 000.

You will get no notification if your planet has been scanned with a phalanx but if you get probed by someone with a moon then you can pretty much gaurantee that you have been scanned.

The only mission that is totally invisible to a sensor phalanx is a harvest mission that departs from a moon.

During a phalanx scan of a planet all current missions are detected. The only exception to this is a deployment mission that has been recalled. Please note that the mission information you see on your Overview page for any particular planet shows up in a phalanx scan and the only exception to this is a recalled deployment mission. What you see in your Overview is what they see in their scan.(Edit: Recalled deploy missions now show on your Overview but they still cannot be seen by an enemy phalanx.)

Players that have a moon with sensor phalanx can scan your planet and see your mission arrival time and launch their attack fleet so it arrives less than 5 seconds after your fleet. The attacker's goal here is to get his arrival time so close to yours that you don't have enough time to launch your weaker fleet out of harms way. I once watched helplessly for over an hour as an attacker's fleet followed mine in with only a 4 second difference in arrival times. Four seconds is not enough time to launch a fleet. Trust me I know, I tested how fast I could do it many times in that one hour. I believe 8 seconds is the quickest you could launch a fleet and only if you nailed all your mouse clicks.

Best fleetsaving:

The safest fleet save mission for attack fleets, if you don't have a moon to work with, is a deployment mission with the destination arrival timed to coincide with when you are online. For example, if you know you will be online for 7pm then you send the deployment mission with an arrival time after that so if you log in at 7pm and find an attacking fleet racing to meet your fleets arrival you simply recall the mission. Your fleet will now be safe and its return will be invisible to enemy phalanx scans. The only problem here is your fleet may return at an inconvenient time but at least you have a chance to save it. An enemy is unable to pin point the fleets return time and will have to probe the planet after its return to detect it and then launch an attack on it. This will give you some more time. There is no second chance with a harvest, attack or transport mission!

If you have a moon you can use it to fleetsave using harvest missions. The harvest mission, when launched from a moon, is completely invisible to phalanxes as a moon and debris field cannot be scanned! Beware though as you must still be online when the fleet returns to the moon as a moon can be probed. Do not leave fleets unattended on your moon. You can build defense on a moon but from what I have seen most people do not. A moon's building fields is limited to 2 fields per lunar base level so people don't want to waste fields building up their shipyard. The main advantage of a moon is that it can be used to build a sensor phalanx so thats what people use the fields for. You can also build a jumpgate on a moon but you need two moons with jumpgates to make any use of it. A pair of jumpgates allows the user to send a fleet from one moon to another moon instantaneously and free of charge(no deut needed for the trip). You cannot use another person's jumpgate.

Other fleetsave techniques:

The following fleetsaves are only safe to use without risk of detection before moons are present in the universe. After moons are present then these techniques are all detectable by sensor phalanx scans and should only be used for resource saving with limited ships. I highly recommend using the deploy mission fleetsave already discussed for all attack fleets right from the start so you are familiar with it and it becomes habitual.

For fleetsaving resources you can load up your cargos and send them with a recycler on a harvest mission, transport the resources to another planet with delivery occurring while you are online or sending the resources/cargos on an ACS Defend mission to one of your allies' planets. You can also fleetsave profitably by sending idle cargos on overnight raids to the undefended planets of inactive players(you should be doing this as often as possible anyways! It's easy money, with virtually no risk or wasted time).

Whew, hopefully this helps people out and doesn't confuse anyone further. Please ask for further explanations or if there is something you wish me to expand upon. The universe is ever expanding....

CapeApe @ Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:53 am

lol guys I'm nowhere near that level..phalanxes etc
and im lucky if I have 100 K in resourses which I need to obtain new teck lvls
This guy is just getting a kick out of demolishing weaker planets

Scape thx for the resourses, he got most of it because I was off line ...

I will try the reporting route and see what happens

Scape @ Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:10 pm

That's what I thought. Yeah, the phalanxes thing is useless, you are no where near getting a moon. If you want you can go into vacation mode so he can't hit you (you don't get to build up) or you can click on the resources tab and set everything to 0% so there will be nothing for him to take. He will get bored and move on and then you can work fast on making large transports to fleet save. You will never make enough ground defenses or an attack fleet large enough as there will always be a bigger fish.

Ripcat @ Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:23 pm

The part on phalanxes is more to enlighten you on the need to fleet save properly. In uni 14 there is a moon in almost every system.

I'm in uni 31. Anyone is welcome to join. Alliance is CKA eh. There are only 2 of us active but we are both fairly experienced and in a position to assist.

Pyra_cantha @ Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:35 am

Holy thread resurrection batman!

Bam1 and I have started on Electra.

Donny_Brasco @ Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:10 am

Pyra_cantha Pyra_cantha:
Holy thread resurrection batman!

Bam1 and I have started on Electra.

I started one there too...first day was yesterday. I'll look you up.

Pyra_cantha @ Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:27 am

2:406:12

Previous  1 ... 33  34  35  36  37