Canada Kicks Ass
Abortion

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Brenda @ Tue May 15, 2007 11:08 am

hwacker hwacker:
Brenda Brenda:
hwacker hwacker:
You are a "bunch of cells" should I have the right to flush you down the drain?

Life is a "bunch of cells", that’s how everything starts. If I take the ability for you to make a "bunch of cells" you die.

Is this a debate, or just sharing opinions, or are you seriously pissed at someone who obviously doesn't share your opinion?

You are only picking 3 words of a post somewhat longer than that... I guess you agree with the "system" part I wrote?

No I’m picking apart the BS the left uses to justify the killing of an unborn child. You just happen to uses a couple of the phrases.

I'm not pissed at you, look where you live, it's a lifestyle. You ever wonder why Europe is dying a slow death.

ROTFL

Yeah, 728 million people on one small continent (smaller then the country Canada...) is really "dying a slow death"...

Oh, and something else, I would NOT call myself left... Sorry to disappoint again ;-)

michi @ Tue May 15, 2007 11:10 am

$1:
And the next person that uses “the rape” correlation better back it up with some data, I’ll bet they can’t because it’s such a small percentage it’s not recorded.

Here are some statistics from the CDC about sexual violence.
It is interesting to see the Physical consequences. 32,000 pregnancies
result from RAPE every year, and that isn't even an accurate figure considering many rapes are not reported.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/factsheets/svfacts.htm

hwacker @ Tue May 15, 2007 11:26 am

Brenda Brenda:
hwacker hwacker:
Brenda Brenda:
hwacker hwacker:

Life is a "bunch of cells", that’s how everything starts. If I take the ability for you to make a "bunch of cells" you die.

Is this a debate, or just sharing opinions, or are you seriously pissed at someone who obviously doesn't share your opinion?

You are only picking 3 words of a post somewhat longer than that... I guess you agree with the "system" part I wrote?

No I’m picking apart the BS the left uses to justify the killing of an unborn child. You just happen to uses a couple of the phrases.

I'm not pissed at you, look where you live, it's a lifestyle. You ever wonder why Europe is dying a slow death.

ROTFL

Yeah, 728 million people on one small continent (smaller then the country Canada...) is really "dying a slow death"...

Oh, and something else, I would NOT call myself left... Sorry to disappoint again ;-)

Tell me, what's the #1 name for male babies in europe ?

yeah you're dying.

Brenda @ Tue May 15, 2007 11:55 am

hwacker hwacker:
Brenda Brenda:
hwacker hwacker:
Brenda Brenda:
hwacker hwacker:

ROTFL

yeah you're dying.

You want me to say that the # 1 babyboys name is Mohammed or something. It is NOT... Sorry to disappoint you AGAIN! That makes 3, doesn't it?

BartSimpson @ Tue May 15, 2007 12:59 pm

michi michi:
32,000 pregnancies
result from RAPE every year

The Holmes Report was discredited because it defined 'rape' to include consensual relations between minors, consensual relations between minors and adults, and it even included consensual relations bewteen legally married minors and adults. Once the consensual relations are removed from the definiton the number of non-consensual pregnancies drops precipitously.

The same Dr. Holmes was also more notably involved in the Recovered Memories fad in which therapists conjured up "memories" in people of childhood traumas that never took place.

TattoodGirl @ Tue May 15, 2007 1:15 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
michi michi:
32,000 pregnancies
result from RAPE every year

The Holmes Report was discredited because it defined 'rape' to include consensual relations between minors, consensual relations between minors and adults, and it even included consensual relations bewteen legally married minors and adults. Once the consensual relations are removed from the definiton the number of non-consensual pregnancies drops precipitously.

The same Dr. Holmes was also more notably involved in the Recovered Memories fad in which therapists conjured up "memories" in people of childhood traumas that never took place.

So now you're discrediting peoples past traumas as well as minimizing the impact of rape....Do you know that a very small percentage of women report rape?

Would you like to know why? probably not but I will tell you....because when a women is raped she faces more humiliation and judging from nurses, doctors, police and general public such as yourself....questions start, were you drinking/using? what were you wearing?

It is judgemental people such as yourself and others women/girls dont report rape, thus lowering the reported cases.....You are more than untitled to your opinion, but until you have walked a mile in a woman's shoes, that has carried a child, that has aborted a child, that has given a child up, you have no right to judge....the only person that can judge is themselves and if they believe in a higher power then their god/goddess/creator/high power of choice

And trust me Bart adoption and foster care arent the warm loving homes most people think they are...this i know all too well....

hwacker @ Tue May 15, 2007 1:29 pm

Brenda Brenda:
hwacker hwacker:
Brenda Brenda:
hwacker hwacker:
Brenda Brenda:
hwacker hwacker:

ROTFL

yeah you're dying.

You want me to say that the # 1 babyboys name is Mohammed or something. It is NOT... Sorry to disappoint you AGAIN! That makes 3, doesn't it?

yeah you're dying

http://www.arconics.com/elearning/creat ... _full.html

wildrosegirl @ Tue May 15, 2007 1:48 pm

I'd like to know why hwacker and Bart are continuing to argue this point....

First off - I do NOT condone, support or encourage abortion, HOWEVER, I AM adult enough to both comprehend and understand what TG and Brenda are saying.

There ARE circumstances, beyond a woman's control, where abortion may be considered the only option, AND may be the best option for both the mother and the unborn child.

To hwacker and Bart - you can't even begin to imagine what it would be like, as a woman, to be brutally assaulted, raped, possibly gang raped, totally violated by someone. You also can't comprehend what's it's like to carry a child inside you. To carry a child that was conceived under the circumstances mentioned previously, would be emotionally exhausting, and could very easily be enough to drive some women over the edge.

Another point you've failed to consider - what if the woman DID have the child (assuming again, it was rape)? Do you tell them how they came to be conceived? Do you give them up for adoption and let their adoptive parents deal with the issue? What if they dig around and find the newspaper article from the trial, convicting their biological father? Would YOU want to live knowing that your mother suffered horrible physical and emotional torment for years, and YOU were a direct result (and a constant reminder) of that tragic day? What would you see when you looked in the mirror?

As I stated, I don't condone it, but I DO understand that in some cases.. you have to use an OPEN MIND (Google that), and show some compassion to the victim (as TG stated - women are doubly victimized on the occasion that they do report the crime), and simply accept that although some things are very much black and white.. others DO have a few shades of grey. For those who face those shades of grey, we should support them.. not condemn them. YOU are not God either.

hwacker @ Tue May 15, 2007 2:08 pm

proudcanukchick proudcanukchick:
I'd like to know why hwacker and Bart are continuing to argue this point....

First off - I do NOT condone, support or encourage abortion, HOWEVER, I AM adult enough to both comprehend and understand what TG and Brenda are saying.

There ARE circumstances, beyond a woman's control, where abortion may be considered the only option, AND may be the best option for both the mother and the unborn child.

To hwacker and Bart - you can't even begin to imagine what it would be like, as a woman, to be brutally assaulted, raped, possibly gang raped, totally violated by someone. You also can't comprehend what's it's like to carry a child inside you. To carry a child that was conceived under the circumstances mentioned previously, would be emotionally exhausting, and could very easily be enough to drive some women over the edge.

Another point you've failed to consider - what if the woman DID have the child (assuming again, it was rape)? Do you tell them how they came to be conceived? Do you give them up for adoption and let their adoptive parents deal with the issue? What if they dig around and find the newspaper article from the trial, convicting their biological father? Would YOU want to live knowing that your mother suffered horrible physical and emotional torment for years, and YOU were a direct result (and a constant reminder) of that tragic day? What would you see when you looked in the mirror?

As I stated, I don't condone it, but I DO understand that in some cases.. you have to use an OPEN MIND (Google that), and show some compassion to the victim (as TG stated - women are doubly victimized on the occasion that they do report the crime), and simply accept that although some things are very much black and white.. others DO have a few shades of grey. For those who face those shades of grey, we should support them.. not condemn them. YOU are not God either.

So rape is the be all to end the debate, If the report is true which i doubt 32k a year to 2001 having 1,328,000 abortions. yeah I guess there are tons of rapes that go under the rug 8O

Lets just say rape is a given for abortion, what’s the excuse now?

wildrosegirl @ Tue May 15, 2007 2:14 pm

hwacker hwacker:
So rape is the be all to end the debate, If the report is true which i doubt 32k a year to 2001 having 1,328,000 abortions. yeah I guess there are tons of rapes that go under the rug 8O

Lets just say rape is a given for abortion, what’s the excuse now?

The point is, you imply that there IS no reason for a woman to have an abortion, period. We're simply pointing out that there ARE, in fact, special cases.

In response to abortion going under the rug.. there are thousands every year. Largely because women don't want to face the interrogation that they're subject to during the reporting process.

NO, not all abortions are performed on women that have been raped. That's not what ANY of us claimed. As for the party girl who got herself in 'trouble' - Yes, she should have to bring the child into the world. Adoption is a FAR better option in my opinion.

Just asking that your quit being so condescending and one sided. There are several sides to this issue. Very few of which are black and white.

hwacker @ Tue May 15, 2007 2:32 pm

The point is, you imply that there IS no reason for a woman to have an abortion, period.

There is a reason, you want to kill a child. That’s it. Final. That's what happens. If you can't handle that maybe sterilization is in order.

Abortion is a cop out for lazy people that don’t want to take responsibility for their actions.

And don't respond with RAPE again, that’s a dead end argument.

westmanguy @ Tue May 15, 2007 2:32 pm

73% of voters in this poll want some type of restriction on abortion.

hwacker @ Tue May 15, 2007 2:35 pm

westmanguy westmanguy:
73% of voters in this poll want some type of restriction on abortion.

and 4 people that would like to kill the baby as soon as it takes it first breath.

westmanguy @ Tue May 15, 2007 2:38 pm

Yes, pro-choice is just selfish.

You should take responsiblity.

Not kill the life inside you.

What the hell is wrong with the world that we think its ok to kill a developing baby?

There are tens of thousands of parents who go outside of the country to adopt.

wildrosegirl @ Tue May 15, 2007 2:41 pm

hwacker hwacker:
The point is, you imply that there IS no reason for a woman to have an abortion, period.

There is a reason, you want to kill a child. That’s it. Final. That's what happens. If you can't handle that maybe sterilization is in order.

Abortion is a cop out for lazy people that don’t want to take responsibility for their actions.

And don't respond with RAPE again, that’s a dead end argument.

For someone with no uterus, you certainly know a lot about being a woman.

As I stated earlier, you really aren't equipped (physically or emotionally) to even participate in this conversation.

Given your opinions on this matter, I can only hope for one thing.. You'd better pray hard that no woman in your family is ever faced with this horrible dilemma. If you're the only support they're going to have - they'll never survive it.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next