Canada Kicks Ass
Comic: Never Stop Hating

1  2  Next

Newsbot @ Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:08 pm

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=13289" target="_blank">cartoon</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=News_Links&file=category&catid=5" target="_blank">Funny</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=ridenrain" target="_blank">ridenrain</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2006-09-13 08:27:36
<strong>Canadian</strong>

BartSimpson @ Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:10 pm

$1:
Anti-Americanism DOES NOT mean Anti-American Government!

So you hate Americans but not our government. Okay.

[huh]

Tricks @ Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:17 pm

$1:
Bush has warped your mind with the whole "You're either with us or against us" thing if you do.
Ah, but that is Anti-American. You just said their minds are warped. Not very nice now is it?

Scrappy @ Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:17 pm

Bloody hell this Anti-US shit bugs me. Pleaseeeeeeeeeee blaming an entire Country and it's people because they hate Bush is beyond childish. I like Americans, or as we say in NS Mericans.

fatbasturd @ Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:35 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
$1:
Anti-Americanism DOES NOT mean Anti-American Government!

So you hate Americans but not our government. Okay.

[huh]
Americans are good .....American Goverment on the other hand could use a facelift :wink:

Clogeroo @ Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:30 pm

It is odd that the same Canadians who voice against Americans will watch all their films, eat at McDonalds, listen to their music, and partake in all aspects of American culture. I guess they are trying to find something to differentiate themselves with the people across the border when really I see no distinction. It would be interesting if the United States adopted some progressive liberal type president I wonder what would these same people be saying then?

bootlegga @ Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:52 pm

Clogeroo Clogeroo:
It is odd that the same Canadians who voice against Americans will watch all their films, eat at McDonalds, listen to their music, and partake in all aspects of American culture. I guess they are trying to find something to differentiate themselves with the people across the border when really I see no distinction. It would be interesting if the United States adopted some progressive liberal type president I wonder what would these same people be saying then?

There was plenty of anti-Americanism when Clinton ran things. The difference was he didn't go out his way to piss off Canadians like Bush does.

And if you can't see a distinction between Canadians and Americans, I suggest you pull your head out of the sand and take a good hard look. Yes, we watch the same movies and TV and eat at Rotten Ronnies and all that other BS, but we are very different.

The vast majority of Canadians believe in some form of universal helath care. A large majority (right or wrong) supports for gun control laws, are against the the death penalty, supports a women's right to choose, etc. A small majority even tolerates SSM, whereas in about 90% of Americans are dead set against it. Not to mention that hockey up here is a religion and south of the border (for the most part) it ranks as less important than sport fishing. The Tragically Hip are insignificant in the US but are a major act up here. I could go on and on but I don't have the time.

Sounding the same and watching the same TV does not make you the same... :roll:

Arctic_Menace @ Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:54 pm

I don't hate America, just the assholes who run it and the assholes who live in it...

Tricks @ Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:56 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
A large majority (right or wrong) supports for gun control laws, are against the the death penalty,
>_>

ridenrain @ Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:58 pm

...and the majority of Americans who voted for him.
Oh that's right. You folks believe that he stole the election too. :roll:

Tricks @ Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:00 pm

$1:
I don't hate America, just the assholes who run it and the assholes who live in it...
>_> So you hate who runs it, and who lives there... Yeah sorry, the running part doesn't do it, but when you say you hate the assholes who live there, that makes you anti-American.

RUEZ @ Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:01 pm

$1:
When you say things like this you make yourself look really stupid.

Clogeroo @ Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:14 pm

$1:
The vast majority of Canadians believe in some form of universal helath care. A large majority (right or wrong) supports for gun control laws, are against the the death penalty, supports a women's right to choose, etc. A small majority even tolerates SSM, whereas in about 90% of Americans are dead set against it. Not to mention that hockey up here is a religion and south of the border (for the most part) it ranks as less important than sport fishing. The Tragically Hip are insignificant in the US but are a major act up here. I could go on and on but I don't have the time.

I doubt 90% of Americans are against these things maybe if you are getting your figures from Texas but if you went to Vermont or Oregon per say you would find the views quite different. Many Canadians themselves are against these things too by the way but does that mean they are not Canadians?

We may play more hockey and may listen to the "tragically hip"(I don't) more but that some how makes us a different nation? The only difference I see is our institutions, which are eroding away, so what will be left separating us when they are gone? After all this was British North America at one time we just chose to remain that way while the Americans went on their own path. But as time passes by these distinctions seem less evident and I don’t think I’m the one with the head in the sand it is more likely you who is naïve. Lets be realistic the Americans control this country economically, culturally, and even politically they have influence over it. I just don’t see Canadians lasting very long clinging to health care and a few social policies.

gstang23 @ Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:34 pm

$1:

I hate the assholes that live here too. Luckily they are the minority. They just get more press then the rest of us.

Of course I hate the assholes in all countries too. Every country in the world. Yep. I hate their assholes. Everyone else in all the countries are R=UP in my book. The world as a whole needs to get rid of its assholes. I say ship them too antartica. That way we can focus our hate on 1 land and the rest of us live in happieness.

stratos @ Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:50 pm

$1:

I think he was trying to be funny. He has never came across as an all out hater of america and its people.

1  2  Next