Canada Kicks Ass
Edmonton cops banned from swearing

Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 11  Next

kenmore @ Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:49 pm

So now they won't talk they will just billy stick or taser....swear at you in the morgue.

ziggy @ Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:52 pm

novachick novachick:
Ya I'm sure many criminals will respond better to "Would you please sit in the car", "I think banging your head on the window may cause you to injure yourself", " could you please stop trying to kick me and fight me while I put these cuffs on you" :roll:

Who says they have to do more then read them the miranda?

It's called control,you should be able to get a point across without relying on swearing or you are not in control and should maybe find a new line of work if swearing is all you can muster at the time to say what you want.

Hyack @ Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:05 pm

Miranda is used in the US of A. Canada has the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Yogi @ Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:11 pm

I'll go out on a limb here and say that I have more experience dealing with Cops in such situations, than anyone else here! When I treated attending officers with respect, I was accorded the same level of respect. However, when I got either verbally or pyhsically abusive, I was treated in kind. Watch a few episodes of 'To Serve And Protect'!

novachick @ Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:27 pm

ziggy ziggy:
novachick novachick:
Ya I'm sure many criminals will respond better to "Would you please sit in the car", "I think banging your head on the window may cause you to injure yourself", " could you please stop trying to kick me and fight me while I put these cuffs on you" :roll:

It's called control,you should be able to get a point across without relying on swearing or you are not in control and should maybe find a new line of work if swearing is all you can muster at the time to say what you want.

They still have to get them in cuffs,in the car and most aren't too happy about it. They are mouthy, combative and only respond to the police getting down in the gutter with them. Most officers don't start the show with an attitude but give them a reason to have one and they will. They tend to take their cue from the offender not the other way round.

Hyack @ Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:37 pm

Sounds like you're speaking from experience there nova..... :wink:

GreenTiger @ Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:46 pm

Most American think of Benton Frasier as your typical Canadian Police man. They don't know how to swear and are always polite (See Canadian Bacon).

ziggy @ Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:55 pm

Hyack Hyack:
Miranda is used in the US of A. Canada has the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Whatever,it's still a control thing,if you cant do it without swearing then who's out of control?

Read you your rights,read the charges and cuff away,if you have to resort to profanitys then you should be doing something else for a living.
You shouldnt be a cop.

ziggy @ Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:56 pm

novachick novachick:
ziggy ziggy:
novachick novachick:

They still have to get them in cuffs,in the car and most aren't too happy about it. They are mouthy, combative and only respond to the police getting down in the gutter with them. Most officers don't start the show with an attitude but give them a reason to have one and they will. They tend to take their cue from the offender not the other way round.

Ya,swearing at them will subdue them that much faster.

novachick @ Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:59 pm

Hyack Hyack:
Sounds like you're speaking from experience there nova..... :wink:

Unfortunately I am Hyacky :| Having a drug addict for a friend,living in your house under house arrest and not have the common sense god gave a gnat, combined with having custody of her daughter who was a runner and kept committing petty crimes. Then said friend takes on drug dealing asshole BF ( with record as long as his body) . I had officers at my house almost as frequently as I received mail :cry: One RCMP officer once said to me, we spoke to each other so often we were going to have to become best friends :lol: 8O :cry: Awww well those days are over, can't say I miss them.

novachick @ Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:07 pm

ziggy ziggy:

Often yes because it's a language they understand. They also realize if they don't cut their shit, the swearing will be followed by , their body being slammed against the wall/ground,sprayed or tazed.

ziggy @ Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:12 pm

novachick novachick:
ziggy ziggy:

Often yes because it's a language they understand. They also realize if they don't cut their shit, the swearing will be followed by , their body being slammed against the wall/ground,sprayed or tazed.

My uncle and cousins would disagree,I never heard a bad word from them but it might have been their martial arts training,with 2 rcmp and a chief of police of a major Canadian city in the family in Saskatchewan I have never seen them have to resort to that,resorting to profanitys is totally losing control of the situation and letting personal feelings in.
A real proffesional would never do that.

novachick @ Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:19 pm

ziggy ziggy:
novachick novachick:
ziggy ziggy:

My uncle and cousins would disagree,I never heard a bad word from them but it might have been their martial arts training,with 2 rcmp and a chief of police of a major Canadian city in the family in Saskatchewan I have never seen them have to resort to that,resorting to profanitys is totally losing control of the situation and letting personal feelings in.
A real proffesional would never do that.

Can't answer for them, I've never seen them on duty. All I know is what I've witnessed. Their uniforms all said RCMP and I just stood in the background, answered any questions asked, then kept my mouth shut.

ziggy @ Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:22 pm

I've had the scanner for 30 years,I have a good idea on how the "blue badge" works. [B-o]

Rules for some,rules for others. :wink:

If they have to use profanity to get their point across then they shouldnt be cops.

ShepherdsDog @ Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:24 pm

Saskatchewan has a major Canadian city in it?

Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 11  Next