Canada Kicks Ass
Omnibus RIP Thread

Previous  1 ... 15  16  17  18  19  20  21 ... 36  Next

rickc @ Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:50 pm

xerxes xerxes:
rickc rickc:
I think that he was the greatest Weekend Update anchor of all time. It sucks that politics got him removed from that role.

RIP Norm. You will be missed.

Such a shame. He was always savage on OJ.

"OJ Simpsons’ lawyers say they don’t want the families of Nicole Brown and Ronald Goldman in the courtroom during the trial. They’re afraid the presence of family members will just remind OJ of how much more killing he still has to do."

"It was revealed this week that defense lawyer Johnny Cochran once abused his first wife. In his defense, Cochran said, “Hey, at least I didn’t kill her like *some* people I know.'"

"OJ Simpson was in a different kind of courtroom this week attempting to regain custody of his two children. In order to prove to the court how much he loves his kids, OJ pointed out “Hey, they’re still alive, aren’t they?”

"After grisly photos of the murder of Nicole Brown Simpson were shown in court, O.J. turned his head away and wept. It was at that moment that he realized he would never be able to kill her again."

The best part of the story is that Norm was able to exact revenge on SNL by hosting SNL:

Scape @ Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:07 pm

DrCaleb @ Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:35 am

Julie Rohr Julie Rohr:

Friends, it’s been a wonderful life. I leave with some sadness, of course; I wish I could have stayed with you much longer. I had so many memories to make, so much I still wanted to do, say & experience.

But I leave this earthly world with no regrets- I have told the ones I love how much I love them, I have opened my heart to life and many of you have opened your hearts back to me in turn. My life experience has been rich and beauty-filled.

Thank you for your support in the past years. My family & I have been incredibly grateful for the outpouring of love and encouragement from so many of you. I often said it lifted me above the pain and suffering of the disease I lived with.

Cry for a time, however long that may be. Feel the grief you feel, as I allowed myself to do. Lean into the pain of goodbye. But eventually, lift your face towards the sun and allow joyful memories to be the lingering thought. Both and I hope I brought you joy. I hope I enriched your life experience. I hope my story inspired you to reach for strength & love even on the hardest, most painful days. Every day is a gift. May yours be full of beauty and wonder.

This is goodbye for now. I leave you with some of my favourite poems, “Epitaph,” by Merrit Malloy, & words of Mary Oliver. Be good to each other. Be kind to yourselves. May you open your heart to love even though it means inevitable pain.

https://twitter.com/JulieRohrYEG/status ... 4697623557

Edmonton's Julie Rohr dies six years after cancer diagnosis

Fuck cancer.

Scape @ Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:28 pm

'SEX AND THE CITY' WILLIE GARSON DEAD AT 57 After Cancer Battle

RIP Martin Lloyd

Some of the best comedy on SG-1

DrCaleb @ Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:44 pm

R=EM

Strutz @ Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:24 pm

$1:
James Michael Tyler, the actor known widely for his recurring role as Gunther on Friends, has died. He was 59.

Tyler died Sunday at home in Los Angeles from prostate cancer, said his manager, Toni Benson. Tyler was first diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer in 2018.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/j ... -1.6223476

One of my favourite other characters on the show Friends. RIP James.

Scape @ Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:45 am

https://deadline.com/2021/11/dean-stock ... 234870413/

Ziggy no!!

DrCaleb @ Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:46 am

R=EM

housewife @ Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:46 pm

RIP.

DrCaleb @ Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:14 am

Former U.S. senator Bob Dole dies at age 98

Seemed like a nice guy.

R=EM

raydan @ Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:31 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Former U.S. senator Bob Dole dies at age 98

Seemed like a nice guy.

R=EM

A lot of good Republicans, back then. :(

Thanos @ Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:41 am

Last of the old breed of decent GOP'ers. Dole was also a good example of the PTSD that affected American veterans from the Pacific War because he could barely talk about his World War Two experiences without crying when he recalled some of the terrible things he had seen during the fighting. It's beyond tragic that those old gents faded away and got replaced by the Newt Gingrich-types, then the neo-cons, then the Tea Birchers, and now the Trumpists. Kind of like the old conservatives in 1930's Germany who had no idea what hit them when their replacements came along with all those, ahem, interesting new ideas. :|

raydan @ Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:35 pm

Michael Nesmith: The Monkees star dies at 78

I wasn't a fan but my sister loved The Monkees.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-59606993

housewife @ Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:28 pm

Well that’s sad. I have some of their albums even have some on CD. RIP

raydan @ Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:43 pm

Masayuki Uemura, creator of NES and SNES game consoles, dies at 78

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2021/ ... ator-dies/

Previous  1 ... 15  16  17  18  19  20  21 ... 36  Next