Canada Kicks Ass
Racist web postings land white supremacist in jail

1  2  3  4  Next

Donny_Brasco @ Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:58 am

$1:
Janice Tibbetts, CanWest News Service
Published: Friday, July 14, 2006
OTTAWA -- For the fi rst time in Canada, a white supremacist has been jailed for ignoring a court order to stop spreading hate messages against Jews, blacks and immigrants on the Internet.

The Federal Court incarcerated Tomasz Winnicki of London, Ont., for nine months for contempt of court for refusing to cease his "vile and unrelenting message of hatred." Winnicki, who is in his early 30s and immigrated to Canada with his parents when he was a child, has described himself as London's "biggest hater." Justice Konrad von Finckenstein sent Winnicki to jail for fl outing a Federal Court order last fall to stop his Internet postings while a complaint against him wound its way through the Canadian Human Rights Commission.

The court ruling is considered unique because it is rare for people to be jailed in the absence of a criminal conviction and nobody has been sentenced for contempt of court for defying an order to stop posting hatred on the Internet, said commission lawyer Monette Maillet.

For those of you who think it is OK to post hateful and racist comments here, tread lightly. I have this lawyers email address. :lol:

Mustang1 @ Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:40 am

<sigh> You obviously didn’t understand the jurisprudence here. Read over the article again and quit projecting your issues onto others.

BartSimpson @ Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:52 am

Donny_Brasco Donny_Brasco:
$1:
Janice Tibbetts, CanWest News Service
Published: Friday, July 14, 2006
OTTAWA -- For the fi rst time in Canada, a white supremacist has been jailed for ignoring a court order to stop spreading hate messages against Jews, blacks and immigrants on the Internet.

The Federal Court incarcerated Tomasz Winnicki of London, Ont., for nine months for contempt of court for refusing to cease his "vile and unrelenting message of hatred." Winnicki, who is in his early 30s and immigrated to Canada with his parents when he was a child, has described himself as London's "biggest hater." Justice Konrad von Finckenstein sent Winnicki to jail for fl outing a Federal Court order last fall to stop his Internet postings while a complaint against him wound its way through the Canadian Human Rights Commission.

The court ruling is considered unique because it is rare for people to be jailed in the absence of a criminal conviction and nobody has been sentenced for contempt of court for defying an order to stop posting hatred on the Internet, said commission lawyer Monette Maillet.

For those of you who think it is OK to post hateful and racist comments here, tread lightly. I have this lawyers email address. :lol:

Nice threat you ignorant savage.

Now go ahead and sue me, fucktard.
:lol:

grainfedprairieboy @ Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:53 am

I am fundamentally opposed to the government incarcerating any person or group regardless of how extreme their views maybe. Laws should deal with the actions of people and not their beliefs regardless of what they advocate.

BartSimpson @ Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:57 am

Donny's threats here reveal precisely why it is important to protect speech that is deemed offensive.

Because once you limit speech according to what is "offensive" then the arbiters of what is offensive become all-powerful in silencing speech far beyond the purview of the original intent.

You have free speech or you don't.

It is an all-or-nothing, black-or-white proposition.

There are no "shades of gray" or degrees of freedom.

And if this case stands then Canada and Canadians are not free.

:idea:

Mustang1 @ Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:04 am

This is just Donny’s sad, pitiful and wholly misaligned attempt to pre-emptively threaten anyone that disagrees with his racism or uneducated views. Not only that, he’s missed the point of the ruling – it’s not applicable here.

conjuredcrisis @ Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:08 am

This isnt the first case: look into Ernst Zundel

Ernst Zündel
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Ernst Zundel)
Jump to: navigation, search

Zündel during a court appearance, February 2006Ernst Christof Friedrich Zündel (sometimes spelled Zundel or Zuendel) (born April 24, 1939 in Bad Wildbad) is a German Holocaust denier and pamphleteer who was jailed several times for publishing hate literature. In 1977, Zündel founded a small press publishing house called Samisdat Publishers which issued such pamphlets as The Hitler We Loved and Why and Did Six Million Really Die?, both prominent documents of the Holocaust Denial movement. On 5 February 2003, Ernst Zündel was detained by a U.S. local police and deported to Canada, where he was held two years in jail. He was then deported back to his native Germany and detained in Mannheim prison where he is awaiting the conclusion of his trial for Holocaust denial.

While I in no way advocate any hate literature, I strongly believe that it is a limitation of free speech. Why arrest and deport him for denying the holocaust? What about the people who deny other points of history? What about people who run for office (such as Abbotsford BC a few years back) and call themselves Satan and include in their pamphlets they would like to use murderers and other violent criminals for satanic ceremonies if elected...

Its sad but true, if we start to limit speech by what we find offensive, we begin a PC whirlwind that wont stop until we have a dictionary only a few pages thick, like in 1984.

Stop the madness before its too late!

putz @ Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:11 am

I invite you to call/email this lawyer seems you have some rather scathing postings of your own...

ridenrain @ Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:21 am

Does this include the red supremacists too?

BartSimpson @ Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:32 am

ridenrain ridenrain:
Does this include the red supremacists too?

Of course not.

Asshats like Donny want to use governmental force to make you tolerate them while they reserve the right to hate you all they want.

In my time I've known Nazis, Klansmen, and I've also known minority civil rights "activists" like Donny and all I ever hear from these pukes is just the same drivel with the names changed.

The civil rights "activists" are the worse because in their hypocrisy they hide their racism and bigotry under a mantle of diversity, tolerance, and multiculturalism.

At least the Nazis and the Klansmen have the honesty to be right out front about their philosophies.

Donny has to first be provoked a little before he starts sounding like Hitler at a Nuremburg rally.

MissT @ Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:33 am

Now I have to say that I have not read anything on this site that stoops to the level of this guy who has been arrested. But over the last few months I have sometimes been appalled at the level of hatred that some people feel comfortable articulating here when it comes to race issues. And I'm not just talking about our facist friend either. I'm assuming that Donny's comments were not a genuine threat - (note the strategic use of the smiley). But I do know where he's coming from, in feeling that some of you perhaps need to take a good hard look at yourselves, and consider the possibility that what you say does often offend those of us of a different race than you. It's really not nice when this happens all the time, and it's pretty easy to get defensive when it does. Luckily I'm sure we've all got thick skin, it's all just the internet (i.e. not the real world) and I don't think the law is the right place to deal with this level of antagonism.

Just a nice, polite request to some of you out there to maybe be a bit less arrogant, and a bit more considerate. Thank you and have a nice day.

grainfedprairieboy @ Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:04 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
once you limit speech according to what is "offensive" then the arbiters of what is offensive become all-powerful in silencing speech far beyond the purview of the original intent.

You have free speech or you don't.

It is an all-or-nothing, black-or-white proposition.

There are no "shades of gray" or degrees of freedom.

And if this case stands then Canada and Canadians are not free.

:idea:

Well put.

Mosleyite @ Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:10 am

London ON has got to be the white-power hub of Canada. All the major groups seem to operate out of there. Most of my family lives there, so I've seen that side to the town.

These groups are fairly harmless, however. The last thing they ever got around to was a failed coup in Dominique. If memory serves me right, that was a few decades back, too.

BartSimpson @ Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:13 am

MissT MissT:
Now I have to say that I have not read anything on this site that stoops to the level of this guy who has been arrested. But over the last few months I have sometimes been appalled at the level of hatred that some people feel comfortable articulating here when it comes to race issues. And I'm not just talking about our facist friend either. I'm assuming that Donny's comments were not a genuine threat - (note the strategic use of the smiley). But I do know where he's coming from, in feeling that some of you perhaps need to take a good hard look at yourselves, and consider the possibility that what you say does often offend those of us of a different race than you. It's really not nice when this happens all the time, and it's pretty easy to get defensive when it does. Luckily I'm sure we've all got thick skin, it's all just the internet (i.e. not the real world) and I don't think the law is the right place to deal with this level of antagonism.

Just a nice, polite request to some of you out there to maybe be a bit less arrogant, and a bit more considerate. Thank you and have a nice day.

The only times I see someone bring up race here it's always the people who are screaming about racism. The people who constantly blather about it are the most racist people we have on this site.

I've been called 'racist' by ignorant damn fools for my conviction that the philosophy of islam should be destroyed just the same as Naziism and Soviet Communism. I've never once promoted racism towards these people yet I get accused of it all the same.

What I most often see on this site are people who are talking about whether or not someone is Canadian and then some fuckwit like Donny makes it into a racism thread.

I personally don't give a flying shit what anyone looks like.

What they act like is a different matter.

And I will make it clear that I have unbridled hatred in my heart for anyone who promotes or accepts genocidal acts or policies.

Just to make clear, the majority of those people are white.

And I'm getting a little tired of Donny and etc. trotting out the race card and injecting their racism into threads that had NOTHING to do with racism until they came along.

Donny_Brasco @ Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:30 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Nice threat you ignorant savage.

Now go ahead and sue me, fucktard.
:lol:

I'd sue you but I don't need a rundown trailer and an old Ford LTD. But the washer and dryer you use to keep your sheet so white, I could use those. Mine are on the blink.

I could trade you for some lumber that you could use for a few dozen burning crosses, the wood is very dry.

Let me know.

1  2  3  4  Next