Canada Kicks Ass
Twitter : "A system that publishes brain farts in real time"

1  2  Next

Jonny_C @ Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:10 am

As far as I'm concerned Twitter is the No. 1 useless thing on the internet.

Facebook is probably a close second.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/201 ... llectuals/

The best you can say about Twitter is that it's aptly named --- nonsensical chirping.

2Cdo @ Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:20 am

I agree with you about Twitter but Facebook is a great means to get in touch with old friends that you've lost track of.

bootlegga @ Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:24 am

Facebook is a fantastic way for me to stay in touch with friends and family living around the world - I can post videos, photos, talk about things occurring in my life, while at the same time learning the same things from them.

Twitter is a great short form communication tool - just like text messages and IM. I've used it to meet all sorts of people from around the world and I love it.

In the past, I had to maintain a clunky website and labouriously upload photos, change content etc. Now, I can use both to get my message out to my friends and family with relative ease.

Twitter and Facebook are great communications tools - generally speaking, the problem is almost always the users, not the platforms themselves.

BartSimpson @ Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:25 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
I agree with you about Twitter but Facebook is a great means to get in touch with old friends that you've lost track of.

It's also a great way for stalkers, bosses, and LEO to get in touch with people.

2Cdo @ Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:27 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
2Cdo 2Cdo:

It's also a great way for stalkers, bosses, and LEO to get in touch with people.

That's why I keep telling people don't put anything on the internet that you don't want people to comment or make judgement about. I say nothing here that I wouldn't say to someone face to face.

Brenda @ Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:48 pm

Facebook is fantastic for business too.

Twitter... Meh.

Toastmaker @ Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:13 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:

Ditto. I'm not a twit.

(no, really - I'm not. . .)

Freakinoldguy @ Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't twitter just a program for narcissists and the reason I ask is everytime I see some pencil necked celebrity being interviewed on TV all they can talk about is what they posted on twitter and how many twits they know?

Gunnair @ Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:24 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't twitter just a program for narcissists and the reason I ask is everytime I see some pencil necked celebrity being interviewed on TV all they can talk about is what they posted on twitter and how many twits they know?

I've got nearly 2500 followers. And I'll tell you what, this good looking, highly talented gentleman, and Lord High Muckamuck of my Island ain't no narcissist, buddy!

Freakinoldguy @ Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:08 am

Gunnair Gunnair:

I've got nearly 2500 followers. And I'll tell you what, this good looking, highly talented gentleman, and Lord High Muckamuck of my Island ain't no narcissist, buddy!

So only 12997500 more and you'll be caught up to Justin Beiber [B-o]

Gunnair @ Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:09 am

Gunnair Gunnair:

So only 12997500 more and you'll be caught up to Justin Beiber [B-o]

Admiral, you've been a bit insolent these days. I've changed the Div interview to Tiller Flats. Bring some Kleenex.

Jonny_C @ Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:39 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:

That's about the only good thing I can see about Facebook. I have a Facebook account and it has worked for that a couple of times. The rest of what I see there is 95% garbage, like stuff broadcast by friends of friends, game invitations, etc. etc.

If my friends are important enough, I would rather send them an email, or better yet, get in touch by phone.

2Cdo @ Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:51 am

Jonny_C Jonny_C:
If my friends are important enough, I would rather send them an email, or better yet, get in touch by phone.

Tell me how well that works with friends you haven't seen in over twenty years and live on the other side of the country. Myself, I have moved 10 times in the last 30 years, several of those moves involved moving several thousand miles away. Your method will work if you lived in the same city/town all your life, which means you probably haven't lost contact with them.

Jonny_C @ Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:28 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Tell me how well that works with friends you haven't seen in over twenty years and live on the other side of the country.

What I meant was it's fine for somebody to find you (or vice versa), but after that, if you want to really be in touch, email or phone is far preferable.

Brenda @ Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:36 pm

Jonny_C Jonny_C:
2Cdo 2Cdo:
Tell me how well that works with friends you haven't seen in over twenty years and live on the other side of the country.

What I meant was it's fine for somebody to find you (or vice versa), but after that, if you want to really be in touch, email or phone is far preferable.

Facebook has a page about the town I was born in. I only know a few people on there in real life, but there are a lot of pictures posted from way back when and now. I love it. But I sure as hell am not going to give these people my email address, phone number or even accept them as FB friends... And no one expects that either, btw.

1  2  Next