Canada Kicks Ass
The Walking Dead: Season Six Discussion Thread

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 25  Next

BartSimpson @ Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:35 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
...a zombie calls Domino's and orders a pizza with extra intestines.

Considering what sausage is made of this isn't really as outrageous as it would first appear. [drool]

BRAH @ Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:07 pm

Thanos @ Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:10 pm

Unless Glenn had his intestines in his chest that was Nick that the walkers were ripping apart with Glenn stuck underneath him.

I'm now veering towards that Glenn is going to have a miraculous escape. Not going to name the guy but there's apparently set pictures that exist of Steven Yeun with a new hire who' s been cast as a very important good guy from the upcoming N***n arc in the comics. Much like how Morgan saved Darryl and Aaron from the trap with the trucking yard full of walkers, somehow this new hire is apparently going to do it with Glenn too in a shout-out to the second issue of the comic with how Glenn originally saved Rick when he first blundered into Atlanta.

BRAH @ Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:00 pm

On the video at 1:01-1:03 it looks like a head moving towards the dumpster. Ether it's Glenn or Nick's head being torn off or it's Glenn crawling under it.

Freakinoldguy @ Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:33 pm

Anybody else getting bored with the almost constant Murphy's Law scenarios and unbelievable stupidity in this series. It seems that no matter what they try to do it goes off the rails almost immediately and ends up killing all the "not so tough" people.

Call me when the survivors actually start using the biggest weapon they have against the walking dead. Their supposed superior intelligence because, up to now it's zombies who appear to be the more advanced species. :P

BTW if Rick and crew showed up at my door I'd be running because you know that your life expectancy just dropped to zero. He's almost as bad as Captain Kirk for killing off the crewman or survivors they always seem to bring along.

Thanos @ Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:36 pm

They're doing great aerial shots this season. That one from the premiere when half the herd went off into the woods when the horn sounded was incredible. I'm thinking that they're finding ways to use drones for these shots because they seem to be doing things that normally couldn't be done with cranes, choppers, or gliders.

That one with Glenn was another shout-out to the very first episode where Rick lost the horse in Atlanta. Just a mess of red surrounded by zombies clustered around it. :twisted:

BeaverFever @ Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:40 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Anybody else getting bored with the almost constant Murphy's Law scenarios and unbelievable stupidity in this series. It seems that no matter what they try to do it goes off the rails almost immediately and ends up killing all the "not so tough" people.

Call me when the survivors actually start using the biggest weapon they have against the walking dead. Their supposed superior intelligence because, up to now it's zombies who appear to be the more advanced species. :P

BTW if Rick and crew showed up at my door I'd be running because you know that your life expectancy just dropped to zero. He's almost as bad as Captain Kirk for killing off the crewman or survivors they always seem to bring along.

I think the whole point of the series is that only the tough survive. And that overthinking is what kills them. The zombies and bad guys aren't conflicted about what they should do, only the people who get killed by them are.

Besides if nobody died then the show would be boring. Would be like watching a sports game where rules said one of the teams wasn't allowed to lose.

bootlegga @ Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:24 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Unless Glenn had his intestines in his chest that was Nick that the walkers were ripping apart with Glenn stuck underneath him.

That what's I thought too, but you never know because so many characters have the life expectancy of a fruit fly on this show.

BRAH @ Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:35 pm

:lol:

Freakinoldguy @ Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:10 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:

I think the whole point of the series is that only the tough survive. And that overthinking is what kills them. The zombies and bad guys aren't conflicted about what they should do, only the people who get killed by them are.

Besides if nobody died then the show would be boring. Would be like watching a sports game where rules said one of the teams wasn't allowed to lose.

I've got no problem with people dying but this is ridiculous. Pretty much everybody the group has met in the past 4 seasons had ended up dead. Sure, you've got to be tough to survive but given their supposed experience, mental toughness and zombie fighting skills you'd think that they'd have figured out how to deal with pretty much every situation and stop acting like a group of noobs when taking care of business.

Now if Glenn survives this attack that'll be 2 times in the past 4 shows when he should be dead but isn't and they still haven't properly explained how he got away in the forest when Nicholas left him with a herd of zombies chomping on him.

And of course Rick shooting out the side of the motorhome just had to damage the vehicle which in turn means it won't start at the exact moment the herd he summoned arrives.

I understand it's drama and fantasy but FFS at least make it somewhat realistic and stop creating pseudo situations to satiate an already over stimulated audience because it detracts from the story of people actually trying to survive an apocalypse. But, I suppose given societies penchant for nothing but mindless action without substance this show is just giving their fans what they want. Ton's of zombies, tons of violence, tons of blood and gore.

Sorry. but the show's starting to become contrived and hackneyed. The next thing we'll have is the prerequisite Hollywood b grade actor becoming a cast member which, in TV show parlance indicates the writers have used up all their story lines and the show is really in it's death throws.

BRAH @ Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:40 am

___
It would have been fun to watch this episode with screaming fans. Someone in the group had to die and if Glenn survives the Walking Dead has jumped the shark.

BartSimpson @ Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:19 am

What I don't get is that if they're in Alexandria, Virginia why bother staying in a housing development when there's no end of fortified and easily defensible structures in the area? There's also a raging sh!tload of military equipment polluting the area.

There's almost limitless possibilities for eradicating the dead if you simply bother to go shopping for the right equipment.

Thanos @ Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:37 am

The premise is that the military command-and-control system as well as the supply chain broke down badly as fuel ran out, supply bases were over-run, and desertions/mutinies escalated when soldiers wanted to get to their own families. As they touched on in the first and second seasons, places like Ft. Benning were eventually overwhelmed. When the army helicopter crashed and the pilot was captured/killed by the Governor, equipment still in use was breaking down from over-use and lack of maintenence. I assume also that those kind of bunkers and whatnot that were well known were rapidly filled, or even overfilled, by those clamouring to get in. Toss in the typical fuckery that occurs when humans panic and a lot of these places would have been lost from the beginning if the infected got in, died, killed someone, and set off a daisy chain of death/re-animation inside tightly packed quarters. It'd be just like that scene in 28 Weeks Later when all it took was one infected inside the compound to bring the entire repopulation endeavour to a disastrous halt.

I imagine that the really hardened bases and command centers that are capable of holding out for a few years are already occupied and firmly locked down. Even if they aren't under siege by hundreds of thousands of zombies outside the blast doors whoever is inside still isn't going to be letting any outside survivors in. Some remnants of government and military command will still exist inside those places in their own little dream worlds but outsiders aren't going to be allowed in and further deplete their resources. It's like they touched on in the World War Z book. A modern military based on overwhelming application of firepower and shock-and-awe tactics is singularly unready to deal with something insane as an undead apocalypse. Just from the disruption and depletion of fuel supplies, as the civilian owned and operated refineries shut down/are over-run/are destroyed, the bulk of the military comes to a screeching halt. Give it two years or so and siphoning gas from abandoned/broken down cars also becomes pointless as the fuel starts to deteriorate inside the tanks and becomes unusable. Add in that the vast majority of soldiers aren't trained for repetitive hyper-accurate headshots on zombies and will also be wasting incredible amounts of ammunition with rifles on full/semi-auto. Put all these things together and even the greatest military organization the world has ever seen eventually collapses to the point of no return.

This stuff is fun. I wish it would happen for real. The human race deserves it anyway. :twisted:

BartSimpson @ Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:13 am

In FTWD we got to see how the National Guard would break down under stress. I believe they're right. The Guard troops would be more concerned about their own families than they would be about the mission.

The actual military would hold together better due to unit cohesion and I can imagine that a fair number of bases would bring their families on base and then then hunker down during the zombie apocalypse.

Once the whole headshot thing was figured out you'd have cooler heads designing strategies for containing and eradicating the dead.

As I think about it I have a few ideas:

1. Lure them into places like the quarry in TWD and then hit it with flammables.

2. Lure them into prepared mine fields.

3. Lure them into places where your troops are in safe positions and then start dishing out headshots. Then run traditional mop-up operations.

4. Start research into what bioweapons can be developed that will either accelerate the decomposition process or else is toxic to the virus that causes reanimation. If successful you can start a plague that will kill off the zombies.

And while you're right that most soldiers are not trained to make headshots the thing you forget is that most soldiers are trained to be trained. Thus getting them to adapt to a new protocol would be fairly quick and effective.

You also REALLY underestimate unit cohesion. In a serious crisis you're going to end up with military units forming their own tribes to first protect their own and then to protect others and restore order. At least in the US for the moment this will hold true. Give it a few more years of PC attacking military institutions and traditions and unit cohesion will be a thing of the past.

BeaverFever @ Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:23 am

^^ What Thanos said. Plus, Alexandria has creature comforts such as heat, electricity, water and sewage, etc.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 25  Next