Canada Kicks Ass
Why choose Canada?

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

tritium @ Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:23 am

Arctic_Menace Arctic_Menace:
$1:
Artic_Menace, you're Latino??

Dude, check my profile and look at my last name. For God's sake, my cat's name is "Misou", which is how we call cats in Ecuador. instead of saying "here kitty/psswsswsswsswss", they say "misoumisoumisoumisoumisou".

You just learned something!!! :D

Thought that was Italian. :oops:

I spent 8 months in Mexico, hope to travel further south in a couple of years. I love the latin culture and food.

tacos de lengua. mmmmmmmm

Clogeroo @ Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:03 am

$1:
Well, in some ways I have to agree with you, however I didn't return to Canada because the going got tough south of the border. Just the opposite, I had a better go south of the border.

I returned to Canada for family and business reasons, and "so far" regret the decision. I don't know if it's because it's taking some getting use to, the cultural difference and the weather (I hate the cold).

Today, Dallas will have a high of 70F. Outside my door here it's -13C/8F Sad

If so many Canadians are returning to Canada and dislike it, thus returning to the USA or the country they were living, maybe, just maybe that says something about Canada?

"Reap the benefits of those who stood by their nation through it's toil and strif." Not my fault you guys voted for a Liberal Government. Laughing

"Benefits;" by the end of 2007 my company will employ upwards of 67 Canadians (not Americans).

"Yankadians" nice. Laughing my sister saw that and now she won't let it go.

Then I'm sure why you came here I guess for your family but could have visited. You don't like the cold? Boo hoo? :P Not sure what you were expecting. If so many "Canadians" are returning to wherever they moved too I think it says something about them more. If you can't handle Canada or don't like it here you might as well leave and those who left I'm not sure why they are even coming back then. I said those who toil I meant the Albertans who stood tough through budget cuts to try and get out of their deficit. A Tory government was in power not a liberal one. My point is hard workers not complainers built Canada. Last thing we need is people to come here and cry about every little thing. It seems the Yankadians like to do it the most and you seem to be doing it. Its funny you seem to be against liberals yet you are as liberal as they come. :lol:

Mr_Canada old @ Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:17 pm

$1:
"Yankadians"

Personally I just all them Yankians, or just Yankee's.

I also call America what the Mexicans Anti-American's call it.

Yankeeland, :lol:

2Cdo @ Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:13 pm

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
You can fucking breathe in Canada. China is a just a bit smaller than us and holds fucking Billions of people. We have 30 thousands.

*breathes in* Fuck yeah....

You obviously don't live in Southern Ontario. In the summer you can practically taste the air, and it isn't pleasant!

You might want to re-check your population stats, China has slightly more than 1 billion people and we have about 29,970,000 more than 30 thousand! :roll:

tritium @ Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:16 pm

Clogeroo Clogeroo:
$1:
Well, in some ways I have to agree with you, however I didn't return to Canada because the going got tough south of the border. Just the opposite, I had a better go south of the border.

I returned to Canada for family and business reasons, and "so far" regret the decision. I don't know if it's because it's taking some getting use to, the cultural difference and the weather (I hate the cold).

Today, Dallas will have a high of 70F. Outside my door here it's -13C/8F Sad

If so many Canadians are returning to Canada and dislike it, thus returning to the USA or the country they were living, maybe, just maybe that says something about Canada?

"Reap the benefits of those who stood by their nation through it's toil and strif." Not my fault you guys voted for a Liberal Government. Laughing

"Benefits;" by the end of 2007 my company will employ upwards of 67 Canadians (not Americans).

"Yankadians" nice. Laughing my sister saw that and now she won't let it go.

Then I'm sure why you came here I guess for your family but could have visited. You don't like the cold? Boo hoo? :P Not sure what you were expecting. If so many "Canadians" are returning to wherever they moved too I think it says something about them more. If you can't handle Canada or don't like it here you might as well leave and those who left I'm not sure why they are even coming back then. I said those who toil I meant the Albertans who stood tough through budget cuts to try and get out of their deficit. A Tory government was in power not a liberal one. My point is hard workers not complainers built Canada. Last thing we need is people to come here and cry about every little thing. It seems the Yankadians like to do it the most and you seem to be doing it. Its funny you seem to be against liberals yet you are as liberal as they come. :lol:

It's obvious you are a very proud Canadian, good for you.

Poisson @ Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:27 pm

1) I was born in Pennsylvania and lived there almost all of my life till I moved to Canada last year. Obviously I don't need to explain the cultural and work differences since I live in Montreal.

2) That it's cold and snowy.

3) Poutine. :P

4) Not Canadian yet. Not possible till 2010s.

5) N/A

Arctic_Menace @ Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:06 pm

tritium tritium:
$1:
Artic_Menace, you're Latino??

Dude, check my profile and look at my last name. For God's sake, my cat's name is "Misou", which is how we call cats in Ecuador. instead of saying "here kitty/psswsswsswsswss", they say "misoumisoumisoumisoumisou".

You just learned something!!! :D

Thought that was Italian. :oops:

I spent 8 months in Mexico, hope to travel further south in a couple of years. I love the latin culture and food.

tacos de lengua. mmmmmmmm

My Italian name would probably be Philippe Machiano

And man, Mexican food is different than Tex-Mex and most other latin american foods.

Dirty rice(kidney beans in rice, hence the "dirty") is a staple diet. Fish, fruits, empanadas de queso, beef jerky, grilled everything, fried plantain, and as many vegetables can fit on a plate...

kevlarman @ Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:29 am

$1:
Yes the Chinese and Hispanics are so similar...

Well no duh. :roll: I got a cousin who half-Japanese...

I tell ya, very few people know anything about us Latinos... :roll:

After spending over half a decade working in a city where the majority of folks are Latino, and the state I live in is steeped in Hispanic heritage and since half my friends are hispanic, I speak survival Spanish and my wife is fluent. i bet I could tell you a thing or two... :wink:

For starters, don't ever say to a non-Mexican-Latino, something like, "oh, you Mexicans are all the same." Or, "you're Hispanic? I just love Mexican food!"

It's like telling a Canadian, "oh! You're from Canada? Well I once went to Toronto. Do you know anyone from there?" Or, "you're Canadian? Why don't you speak french?"

Well, they are American, so why don't they speak Spanish is what I feel like saying... :P

~ Kevin

notnuts @ Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:03 pm

$1:

What are latinos ??? :rock: :D :mrgreen:

fifeboy @ Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:13 pm

Clogeroo Clogeroo:
$1:
Say, you want to elaborate on that comment?

Certainly. The only Yankadians coming back here I think are fence sitters from what I have seen. They will trade their nationality like it was some hockey cards and when the going gets tough suddenly they are crawling back to their old country to take them in. They will move in and out many times in their lifetime switching to whatever side seems to be the more winning team. The Canadians who left this country when the going was tough I think should not come back and reap the benefits of those who stood by their nation through its toil and strife. I really don’t care if these brain-drained people come back here for they only care about their own wallets and will put their selfish interests ahead and the needs of their people last before themselves.
Not all of us. I was born in Canada, moved to the U.S. with my parents in '52 (part of the brain drain), came home in '71 and wild horses could not drag my ass back there for anything longer than a visit.

fifeboy @ Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:21 pm

dubyah dubyah:
If you're going to leave, at least go to an english-speaking country with GOOD weather, like Australia.

W.

Yeah, right
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jbqaLR_KBPvAjcFZsB9qpjDoxmjA

And to top that off:

http://www.austmus.gov.au/factsheets/funnelweb.htm

No thanks. 8O

fifeboy @ Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:25 pm

dubyah dubyah:
Ruez,

Calm down. What is the deal with all the humorless sacks of shit on this board?

Why do you think that I put 'free' in quotation marks? Christ! I think that I am going to make a new medal for you and it will be called "XXXX"

W.

For you:

you can use it any time and don't let it hit you on the ass on the way out.

fifeboy @ Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:30 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
we have about 29,970,000 more than 30 thousand! :roll:
Keep up with the times dude, the lady next door just had a baby so thats 29 970 001. Jeese!

MacDonaill @ Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:30 pm

MichaelJ MichaelJ:
1) If you are a Canadian who's lived/living in the USA, what do you see the major differences are (culture/work)?

2) What do you like better about Canada?

3) What does Canada have to offer that the US doesn't?

4) If you are a Canadian, do you have any desire to live in the USA?

5) If no, why not?

1. Because I live in Quebec, the most remarkable difference is the language. Other than that, it's mostly million little differences that add up to make Canada still very different from the US, even though is is often so similar. You will run into these differences immediately when you start living here, and as you continue to live here you will continually run into new ones all the time.

2. I like the amazing youthful feeling of this country. Here you can really make a difference if you want to because everything is so much smaller and more local than in the US. When I lived in the States, I never had the feeling that I could become a Congressman, for example. But here, I feel like I could be Prime Minister if I wanted to, or I could at least make a legitimate run for it.

3. Amazing natural beauty everywhere you turn. 10 distinct provinces to travel. Many cultures to explore (from Newfoundlanders to Quebecois, to Cape Bretoners to Islanders... you name it).

4. I lived in the US for a long time. I do not ever want to live there again. I like to visit from time to time, but I much prefer Canada.

5. I feel unsafe. I think the US is too big for its own good. I feel like the problems are so overwhelming that they can never be surmounted. I don't appreciate American pop-culture very much. I don't like that the lion's share of Americans tend to disregard the rest of the world.

There are plenty of things I criticise Canada and Canadians for. We have our own bag of hammers up here, to be sure. The difference is that I think there is still a chance that we can fix those problems, and I think I can help in doing so.

Arctic_Menace @ Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:02 pm

kevlarman kevlarman:
$1:

After spending over half a decade working in a city where the majority of folks are Latino, and the state I live in is steeped in Hispanic heritage and since half my friends are hispanic, I speak survival Spanish and my wife is fluent. i bet I could tell you a thing or two... :wink:

For starters, don't ever say to a non-Mexican-Latino, something like, "oh, you Mexicans are all the same." Or, "you're Hispanic? I just love Mexican food!"

It's like telling a Canadian, "oh! You're from Canada? Well I once went to Toronto. Do you know anyone from there?" Or, "you're Canadian? Why don't you speak french?"

Well, they are American, so why don't they speak Spanish is what I feel like saying... :P

~ Kevin

:lol:

What exactly could you "tell me"? :P

Me cago en tu puta madre. :lol:

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next