Canada Kicks Ass
Bride's dress falls apart at the altar

warwickgreen @ Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:27 pm

$1:
Bride's dress falls apart at the altar

A bride is suing a designer after her £2,000 wedding dress came apart on her big day, leaving her semi naked at the altar.

The woman is claiming damages of £20,000 from the designer, who was not named but is based at Rapallo, twenty miles from Chiavari

The 30-year-old woman, who cannot be named due to Italian privacy laws, claims her big day was ruined by the poor stitching, which left her bottom on display.

According to the writ the bride was left in tears and the priest was left not knowing where to look...

Yesterday her lawyer Alberto Figone said: "This was supposed to be the biggest day of my client's life but it turned out to be the worst, her wedding was ruined.

"She was left extremely embarrassed because the stitching of her dress came apart at the altar, slid down and revealed her bottom to the whole congregation.

"The priest concluded the ceremony and the couple were married but of course she was not able to take any proper photographs of the ceremony because she was semi naked....

(full story)

BRIDE

Freakinoldguy @ Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:55 pm

She musta got the same tailor I did, when I was in Hong Kong. The suit fabric wore great but the thread rotted before we made it back to Canada.

All I was left with was a pile of lapels, arms and a couple of legs that weren't attatched. ROTFL ROTFL

bootlegga @ Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:07 pm

Did you notice the ending?

$1:
It was followed by more bad news for the bride: she has now separated from her husband.

herbie @ Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:53 pm

Damn! And I was mad when my $6 WalMart shirt dissolved in the washing machine. :D

Public_Domain @ Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:05 pm

If that's her in the photo, I wouldn't have minded being in the congregation...

ngignac @ Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:27 pm

I am pretty sure she will win. And she is only claiming damages of £20,000 which is quite reasonable.

If it happened in North America, but especially the States, you could expect that to be just a tad higher :mrgreen:

TattoodGirl @ Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:11 pm

And YET another reason NOT to get married...

**adds to list :lol:

SheliaCote @ Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:51 am

I think the bride should cost more than the amount she is asking now. Some designers are use very cheap materials and threads that result into such incidents. Also she should have cross checked her attire at her wedding rehearsals day to avoid such disaster.

Jabberwalker @ Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:28 am

I wonder what embarrassing thing is tattooed on her butt?

Public_Domain @ Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:39 am

"What is this? By jove, it appears to be a new thread! Well let's have a looksy!"

*click*

"What a fascinating and interesting story, I can't wait to see the opinions of my compatriots!
I wonder what I should say!"

*scroll*

"Oh"

stratos @ Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:41 am

Someone just noticed that this is a thread from 2008 8O

GreenTiger @ Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:55 am

This one of those things that is really amusing when it happens to someone ELSE.

Brenda @ Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:07 am

SheliaCote SheliaCote:
I think the bride should cost more than the amount she is asking now.
Oh believe me, she is costing A LOT more than that...
$1:
Some designers are use very cheap materials and threads that result into such incidents.
Somehow, Babelfish doesn't really do a good job...
$1:
Also she should have cross checked her attire at her wedding rehearsals day to avoid such disaster.

Thank you for your insight. I will check here more.