Canada Kicks Ass
Best Beer in Canada

Previous  1 ... 5  6  7  8  9

Ruxpercnd @ Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:28 pm

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:

Bud Light scored a whopping 1.16. Wow! Labatt Blue got 2.15

Isn't Labatt a government imposed beer in Canada?
From wikipedia:
$1:
Labatt is part-owner of Brewers Retail Inc., operator of The Beer Store retail chain, which — protected by legislation — has over 90% market share of Ontario beer sales.

Oh yea... very Canadian to have the government push it's favorite beer.... ha ha... As we say down here... just keep drinking the Koolaide...

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
Considering it's an American website from which these ratings are taken, I'd say any point you're trying to make about our "popular" brands is nonsense.

We Americans take our beer seriously... which is why we go to the trouble of rating beer. It's more fun since we don't have to drink government sponsored beer.

Bacardi4206 @ Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:33 am

Ruxpercnd Ruxpercnd:
We Americans take our beer seriously... which is why we go to the trouble of rating beer. It's more fun since we don't have to drink government sponsored beer.

Just a FYI, everybody rates there beers... Secondly, Government Sponsored beer? Please put back your tinfoil hat on your head. Seriously.

Canadian Consumers don't buy beer based on what there government tells them to buy, they go by what they want or what is tasty. Which in your little wikipedia clipping happens to be just the favorite of Ontario, not Canada and a favorite based on good advertisement by the company.

On a side note, not related to the above. The best Canadian Beer is Sleeman's. It is a old beer, but there company was shut down for awhile. Can go research there history but there recipe was handed down and one of the son's decided to re-open it and it's back.

It's got to be the best tasting beer I have ever drank in Canada.

Ruxpercnd @ Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:00 am

Bacardi4206 Bacardi4206:
Ruxpercnd Ruxpercnd:

Just a FYI, everybody rates there beers... Secondly, Government Sponsored beer? Please put back your tinfoil hat on your head. Seriously.

Canadian Consumers don't buy beer based on what there government tells them to buy, they go by what they want or what is tasty. Which in your little wikipedia clipping happens to be just the favorite of Ontario, not Canada and a favorite based on good advertisement by the company.

On a side note, not related to the above. The best Canadian Beer is Sleeman's. It is a old beer, but there company was shut down for awhile. Can go research there history but there recipe was handed down and one of the son's decided to re-open it and it's back.

It's got to be the best tasting beer I have ever drank in Canada.

I always wear my tinfoil hat! Otherwise the space aliens would escape out of my head! Sleeman brews about 30 different beers, including many American styles. The highest rated Sleeman beer is Big Life Blonde - American Blonde Ale with A- rating. Yup, you must like that American style Sleeman's (excuse me while I adjust my hat...) http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/415

SigPig @ Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:23 am

Ruxpercnd Ruxpercnd:
Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:

Bud Light scored a whopping 1.16. Wow! Labatt Blue got 2.15

Isn't Labatt a government imposed beer in Canada?
From wikipedia:
$1:
Labatt is part-owner of Brewers Retail Inc., operator of The Beer Store retail chain, which — protected by legislation — has over 90% market share of Ontario beer sales.

Oh yea... very Canadian to have the government push it's favorite beer.... ha ha... As we say down here... just keep drinking the Koolaide...

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
Considering it's an American website from which these ratings are taken, I'd say any point you're trying to make about our "popular" brands is nonsense.

Wow, are you for real? never knew anyone could be quite that out of touch. Only our beer STORES are gov't owned in Ontario. Not the makers of the beer.

Plus, our 5%+ Canadian beer beats your weak 3% American beer any day. Enjoy your slightly alcoholic water, I'll stick with beer. Cheers. [B-o]

coltsrmint2 @ Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:52 am

KOKANEE Hands down........ Its the beer out here......

herbie @ Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:28 am

Government imposed Canadian beer brand?
American beer taken seriously?

Please check in for psychiatric observation.... 8O

Hyack @ Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:41 am

Okay, this has probably been said before but.....the best beer in Canada is the one I'm drinking at the present time..... the only thing that would make it better would be if it was FREE.... :wink:

herbie @ Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:14 pm

Mind is stuck on the icy Ricard's Red on tap I used to wash down the Tony Romas ribs Sunday... can't seem to think beyond that beer...

Bacardi4206 @ Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:19 pm

Ruxpercnd Ruxpercnd:

I always wear my tinfoil hat! Otherwise the space aliens would escape out of my head! Sleeman brews about 30 different beers, including many American styles. The highest rated Sleeman beer is Big Life Blonde - American Blonde Ale with A- rating. Yup, you must like that American style Sleeman's (excuse me while I adjust my hat...) http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/415

Yes, obviously you do always wear it. Also Sleeman's is American style how? Beer is beer. Sleeman's is a Canadian company, aka Canadian made beer. I think those aliens have been giving you too much radiation in your head.

Previous  1 ... 5  6  7  8  9