Canada Kicks Ass
Best Beer in Canada

Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

Pimpbrewski @ Wed May 11, 2005 10:50 pm

Hold on, I'll be right back. I gotta go to the bathroom ok

spikedriver @ Wed May 11, 2005 10:54 pm

Night night franky! gotta go and arrest some drunks.

LabattZ @ Thu May 12, 2005 2:22 pm

*cough*

Back on topic (coz it's a mighty fine topic!!)

I love beer - all kinds of beer from all over the world!
Gotta love winning draws :) $15 worth of tickets for $120 worth of beer!! Good trade 8) That, IMO, is the best beer in Canada ... free :)

Do I have a "favorite"? not necessarily ... there's too many out there to taste to have a favorite already.

I'm obviously a "Labatt" fan (damn shame to see the New West brewery shut down [cry] ) ... but lately, I've been thoroughly enjoying Rickard's Red and Shaftebury's Costal Cream Ale (formerly known as "Cream Ale").

But not many local brews can beat the body and smoothness of a nice British Ale or Bitter. (referrin to imported British brews)

Anyone else prefer bottles over cans, explicitly?

God I love beer!

Pimpbrewski @ Thu May 12, 2005 4:16 pm

Labatt is one mighty fine brand of beer. ALthough, I have never seen Labatt's genuine draft before as seen on the pic. Do you guys only get that out west?

LabattZ @ Thu May 12, 2005 4:24 pm

Good question ... the last time I travelled across Canada, I was too young to drink, so i'm really not sure.

But LGD is available all throughout BC in bottle, smooth can, and once upon a time, in the (36?) sided can.

LGD over MGD any day, IMO.

Tman1 @ Thu May 12, 2005 5:00 pm

Kokanees the best, is and always will be. I wonder if thats Franky up there whos taking a dump. Or tried to anyways. :lol: :lol: :lol:

LabattZ @ Thu May 12, 2005 5:03 pm

Tman1 Tman1:
Kokanees the best, is and always will be.

Isn't that brewed by Labatt ? ;) (as is Budweiser, under license from A/B of course)

Tman1 @ Thu May 12, 2005 5:05 pm

Hmm is it? Is purchasing the company the same is actually brewing the beer? I might have to rethink my beer ways. :cry: :cry:

Pimpbrewski @ Thu May 12, 2005 5:07 pm

Tman1 Tman1:
Kokanees the best, is and always will be. I wonder if thats Franky up there whos taking a dump. Or tried to anyways. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's you after drinking only 2 kokanees :lol: :lol: :lol:

LabattZ @ Thu May 12, 2005 5:20 pm

Tman1 Tman1:
Hmm is it? Is purchasing the company the same is actually brewing the beer? I might have to rethink my beer ways. :cry: :cry:

??

For as long as I can remember, "/<okanee" was always brewed by Labatt (Columbia Brewery being a daughter company of Labatt). Am I wrong? I never looked too deep into the business aspect of Labatt's multiple companies, etc.

Budweiser (that's available in Canada), is only brewed in Canada under license from Anheuser/Busch, but still the A/B recipe, etc. The American "bud" is brewed in the states by A/B, naturally .

As for if "purchasing the company is the same as actually brewing the beer", I'd say no. Molson products are Molson products, not Adolph Coors products. (IMHO)

Tman1 @ Thu May 12, 2005 5:23 pm

LabattZ LabattZ:
Tman1 Tman1:

??

For as long as I can remember, "/<okanee" was always brewed by Labatt (Columbia Brewery being a daughter company of Labatt). Am I wrong? I never looked too deep into the business aspect of Labatt's multiple companies, etc.

Budweiser (that's available in Canada), is only brewed in Canada under license from Anheuser/Busch, but still the A/B recipe, etc. The American "bud" is brewed in the states by A/B, naturally .

As for if "purchasing the company is the same as actually brewing the beer", I'd say no. Molson products are Molson products, not Adolph Coors products. (IMHO)

http://www.crestonbc.com/kokanee/history.html

Pimpbrewski @ Thu May 12, 2005 5:26 pm

Kidding aside, I have tried it before, and it's pretty good

LabattZ @ Thu May 12, 2005 5:33 pm

Tman1 Tman1:
http://www.crestonbc.com/kokanee/history.html

ah-hah ... :oops: ... I stand corrected. Sorry!

however, being purchased in 74, surely that's long enough to safely assume that Labatt's business/brewing influence has made an impact on the way that Columbia Brewery actually makes their beer, no? I think we might be debating minor details at this point... but thanks for settin the record straight :)

Tman1 @ Thu May 12, 2005 5:36 pm

LabattZ LabattZ:
Tman1 Tman1:

ah-hah ... :oops: ... I stand corrected. Sorry!

however, being purchased in 74, surely that's long enough to safely assume that Labatt's business/brewing influence has made an impact on the way that Columbia Brewery actually makes their beer, no? I think we might be debating minor details at this point... but thanks for settin the record straight :)

No thank you, I always thought Kokanee was exclusive and not bought out like some other beers. I just kinda think labatt is too light. Actually now that I think about it, labatt was pretty good the last time I had it...hmm maybe ill get some labatt. I would get Bud but then I would feel like an American. :wink: :wink: :wink:

spikedriver @ Thu May 12, 2005 6:18 pm

In NB we have Picaroons
They produce a typical microbrewery range from golden to bitter to stout, with seasonals. The Autumn Harvest Ale ** exploded with hops.
Irish Red Ale **1/2.
Other regulars are a bitter chocolate and coffeeish Stout **1/2, a lightish Bitter **, and a Blonde **, with a nice dash of hops in the finish. Other specialties have included a strong ale spiced with ginseng and licorice root so elegantly titled Horny Toad **

Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next