Canada Kicks Ass
The flavour factor: undoing the Dorito effect

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

raydan @ Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:56 am

:lol:

$1:
Your breath will smell as if you'd been French-kissing your dead grandmother...

DrCaleb @ Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:08 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
durian....vile.....vile.....vile. Why would you want to try and get to tasting something that smells that bad(rotting garbage).

Curry leaves smell like nothing in particular, but add a delicious taste to soups.

Perhaps Durian tastes much better than it smells, that's why I want to try it. Some people say that if you can get past the smell, the taste is wonderful. Can't say I don't like it until I do, and using that philosophy I've tried some pretty good stuff I otherwise wouldn't have. :)

Then again, there are people that like Cilantro, and I find it vile. PDT_Armataz_01_32

raydan @ Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:11 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Then again, there are people that like Cilantro, and I find it vile. PDT_Armataz_01_32

I don't particularly like the leaves, but I love the seeds.

2Cdo @ Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:12 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

[B-o]

Cilantro ruins otherwise good food.

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:13 am

$1:
Perhaps Durian tastes much better than it smells,

friends have had it and they say the flavour is milder than the smell, so if you don't mind something that tastes slightly of rotten garbage go for it.

DrCaleb @ Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:40 am

raydan raydan:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I don't particularly like the leaves, but I love the seeds.

The seeds are pretty good too, and the leaves aren't bad if pickled or preserved. They seem to lose that 'yuck' factor.

But raw . . .disgusting!

DrCaleb @ Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:42 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
$1:
Perhaps Durian tastes much better than it smells,

friends have had it and they say the flavour is milder than the smell, so if you don't mind something that tastes slightly of rotten garbage go for it.

I've had things like tripe soup, and Andouillette (sausage made from intestines), which wasn't bad but I probably wouldn't have again. But I tried it!

Tyler_1 @ Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:46 am

Well I suppose while you peeps are eating the stinky things I'll have a Dorito. [B-o]

herbie @ Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:17 pm

I've always wanted to be on one of those cooking shows. When the panel informs me I left out one of the required ingrediants... the kidney? No I fed it to the fucking dog. I didn't want to puke seeing you eat it.

As for chicken breast, if you don't smother it in an Asian sauce so you taste something, you might as well eat it as chicken fingers smothered in a dip.

BeaverFever @ Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:31 pm

Not only do I find chicken breast bland, I find it very dry (and yes, my wife insists on buying it all the time too!).

The only decent chicken breast dishes I've had recently are Indian or Middle Eastern dishes where they marinate it in yogurt....makes it really juicy and of course then there's the exotic seasoning.

raydan @ Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:32 pm

It's the fat that makes most meat tasty, but today's industry is so intent on giving you a healthy, fat-free experience, they forgot about the taste.

BeaverFever @ Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:35 pm

$1:
day's industry is so intent on giving you a healthy, fat-free experience

Sorry but I disagree. The food today is less healthy, more fatty. And yet still more bland.

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:08 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Not only do I find chicken breast bland, I find it very dry (and yes, my wife insists on buying it all the time too!).

The only decent chicken breast dishes I've had recently are Indian or Middle Eastern dishes where they marinate it in yogurt....makes it really juicy and of course then there's the exotic seasoning.

Brine it for about 3/4 of an hour to one hour, and you'll never complain about dry flavourless chicken breast again.

2Cdo @ Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:11 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
$1:
day's industry is so intent on giving you a healthy, fat-free experience

Sorry but I disagree. The food today is less healthy, more fatty. And yet still more bland.

Chicken and pork tends to be far fattier these days and trying to find a nicely marbled steak at a grocery store is like searching for Noahs Arc. Sounds fun but you really wonder if it does exist. :lol:

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:12 pm

Noah was a welder?

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next