Canada Kicks Ass
Jack Takes a Stand on SPP Finally!

Brent Swain @ Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:38 pm

Jack told me two elections ago that he planned to make the sellout of Canadian sovereignty the main plank in his election campaign. He lied. There was only a bit of trivial mumbling about sovereignty near the end of the campaign , both times.<br /> On the last election night I went to an NDP gathering in Ladysmith. Former NDP labour minister Dale Lovick took one look at my THE USA SUCKS T shirt, came over and said " I tried to tell them, don't get side tracked by their pet issues . Focus mainly on sovereignty. I couldn't convince them to do that." <br /> The Mel Hurtig vanity party ( National Party ) stole our thunder on this issue, divided the pro Canada vote and left the NDP with only 9 seats in the house of commons.Has it taken us 14 years to learn from that mistake and get it right finally? Duhhh!!!<br /> More than 60% of Canadians are worried and disgusted by both Liberals ( Ignatief) and the Tory's sucking up to the US , promising to amalgamate our monetary policies (in effect buying us late tickets on the Titanic, after she hit the iceberg), yet no one in Ottawa is representing their concerns adequately.<br /> Lets hope the NDP makes it a major part of the campaign this time around, and doesn't allow the vichy quislings to avoid the issue. If Jack and his family have been threatened into silence, let him make those threats public.<br /> Brent

Brent Swain @ Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:35 am

I think when it comes to water shipments ,the Californians have overlooked a huge untapped supply in their own backyard, the extremely rainy Oregon coast. It would be easy for them to run a coastal water pipeline down the coastline to California , a pipeline that is much more environmentally safe than an oil pipeline. I think it would be much wiser and a more relibale source of water if the USanians look at redistribution of water resources in their own country, given the political opposition and thus the vulnerability to sabbotage that relying on water from populations that oppose water exports exposes them to.<br /> Brent<br />