Canada Kicks Ass
ya want a social issue, I got a twisted social issue

1  2  Next

Diogenes @ Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:21 pm

I have been keeping an eye on my neighbours place and she and the children haven't returned. <br /> <br /> No news of the wife-beaters whereabouts.<br /> <br /> Have you ever lived in fear for your life?<br /> <br /> <br /> Have you had to run and hide out of that fear?<br /> <br /> <br /> Here in BC the liberal government has cut back on support for womens groups who shelteter women at risk.<br /> <br /> <br /> In my mind it is the responsibility of the state police to honour their motto <br /> * To Serve and Protect* <br />

Brent Swain @ Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:25 pm

When Dosanjh was BC attorney General ,I asked him to earmark a percentage of the victims of crime surtax on fines for womens' shelters, as they were the most clearly visible and needy of all victims of crime. He said "We already give them money." I said "Shelters are already having to to turn victims away, knowing full well they will be beaten and possibly killed." He wouldn't budge, a third world gynophobic response. He has since proven what a shallow opportunist he is. He dumped the entire "Victims of crime " surtax into the bottomless pit of general revenue.
Kennedy once said "Those who obstruct peaceful means of resolving disputes, make violent ones inevitable. " Perhaps the victims of spousal abuse will get his message and hire hitmen, instead of a calling the cops, who themselves have some of the highest percentage of wife beaters among them, of any group.

Brent Swain @ Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:40 pm

Former world heavyweight champ Trevor Berbic was charged with beating his wife. He was found dead . Someone had hit him over the back of the head with a piece of pipe.
Next time I see my old sparring partner Kevin , I'll have to buy him a beer for beating the shit out of Berbic,and ending his boxing career.
In this case , with all legal means ineffective, the only way to save an innocent life may be the piece of pipe soloution. While I'm not advocating it, if a member of my family faced inevitable death, I'd be morally bound to do whatever it took to save an innocent life, whatever the cost to me.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if the legal industry could be relied on to protect such victims of crime, instead of looking for the victims of spousal abuse to make into make work projects for themselves. My boat has served as a shelter for an abuse victim on may occasions.
It appears that if she were to put the house for sale, via a reliable vendor, she might have enough equity to move and live wherever she pleases. Her own family owes her at least that much help.Get what she can and get out. Don't stick around for the nickels and dimes.
Brent

Brent Swain @ Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:48 pm

So where is the gun registry, which is supposed to solve these problems? What kind of shelters and other options could be offered for the billion dollars wasted on the gun registry. Why can't they simply sieze the guns ?Will she be yet another victim of the foolishness of believing that misapproriating a billion dollars on the gun registry, while ignoring funding of more immediate and realistic solutions to such problems, such as providing safe shelter and the ability to simply move and change identities to people in such situations?
If the Conservatives want a simple way to scrap the registry without the political fallout they can simply earmark the money currently going to the gun registry for shelters, child care, education etc for abuse victims.
Brent

Diogenes @ Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:47 pm

First thank you for respondin.<br /> <br /> The father was up this way as he promised . I come to find out the was in contravention of a porole order <br /> rumour has it the RCMP called him on his Cell phone and , again rumour has it he responded with obsenities <br /> Not smart <br /> <br /> After the Mounties where killed in Saskatchewan my guess is if the meet up with him and he sneezes <br /> wrong <br /> the problem will be solved<br /> <br /> now that I am studying certain aspects of law via Blackstone , Brochard, Maxims of law and Bouviers law dictionary information once unknown to me has been reveled.<br /> <br /> <br /> The father in law is in clear conflict in seeking power of attourney for openers<br /> <br /> <br /> The mother is , i believe within her rights to have the childrens father commited under the mental health act <br /> as he suffers a head injury and becomes violent <br /> the Mom is reluctant to do so<br /> <br /> I have no proplem with vigilante justice in cases of this nature perhaps not to the extreme but certainly to the point where the message is understood.<br /> <br /> Again thank you for your input <br /> I believe as a society we are our brothers (and sisters) keeper.<br /> <br /> Perhaps it is time to return to codes of Honour<br /> <br />

Brent Swain @ Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:13 pm

Can anyone give us his name , physical description, description of his vehicle ,license number , home address, favorite bar, jacket he wears , favorite hangouts , place of employment , and any other useful info?<br /> On a totally unrelated topic , isn't it wonderful the way the internet lets us create an identity for ourselves and post anonymously whatever info we please?<br /> Brent

Diogenes @ Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:09 pm

On a totally unrelated topic , isn't it wonderful the way the internet lets us create an identity for ourselves and post anonymously whatever info we please?<br /> Brent<br /> Picking up on the posting annoymously aspect <br /> Speaking for myself <br /> and because I have been challlenge with " Well what have YOU done to blah blah blah"<br /> I will answer with the lanes of an old blues number <br /> "Ain't nobody's bussiness, but my own"<br /> <br /> Far to often judgement goes astray. <br /> <br /> Now for som good news <br /> My friend spoke to a trusted authority about her situation <br /> and she told me That person , word for word told her exactly what I told her.<br /> The word for word rao I used Is from the study of law.<br /> In any orderly society there are rules and unless we first cognise them in the space between our ears we cnnot apply them.<br /> <br /> Power of attourney will not be granted because the trusted authority was of similar opinion as I <br /> the conflict of interest by the grandfatheranf father to the out of control,certified brain damaged father of the children.<br /> I believe that due to the certification coupled with recorded threats <br /> the Mental Health act can be invoked.<br /> <br /> Let those PDocs and their pills and ECT (Electro-Convulsive Theropy)keep this guy in the rubber room as fresh meat.<br /> <br />

Brent Swain @ Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:51 pm

Is he currently in the rubber room? How long will that take?Long enoough for him to carry out his threats? Keep us posted. Bureaucratic dithering has already cost a lot of lives .<br /> Brent

Diogenes @ Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:42 am

Nope!<br /> His dad got him out the last time and I don't have the details<br /> <br /> <br /> <br />

Brent Swain @ Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:39 pm

The give us his name and other details.<br /> Brent

ouhite @ Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:32 pm

[QUOTE BY= Brent Swain] Can anyone give us his name , physical description, description of his vehicle ,license number , home address, favorite bar, jacket he wears , favorite hangouts , place of employment , and any other useful info?<br /> On a totally unrelated topic , isn't it wonderful the way the internet lets us create an identity for ourselves and post anonymously whatever info we please?<br /> Brent[/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> hmmmm re: anonymity, I think it might've been better if you sent a private message to Dio to ask for the info on the guy.. I mean, this forum *is* open to anyone, so potentially someone he knows (or himself) can see this... Unless you're sure you dont have any personal info out on the net, I guess.

Diogenes @ Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:34 pm

exactly why I hadn't replied<br /> <br /> The potential for damage exists<br /> And It is a caring request<br />

Brent Swain @ Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:59 pm

Wife beaters and child abusers both rely heavily on secrecy, and are empowered by the assumption that what they do will not be disclosed . Denying that secrecy is the only real deterrent to their abuse. Protecting that secrecy is to be an accomplis.<br /> Wife and child abuse is everyone's reponsibility. Using any and all means of deterence is the only alternative to being an accomplis.<br /> Only those who are themselves wife or child abusers would advocate protecting such secrecy, and thus becoming accomplises .<br /> Getting rid of the belief that wife and child abuse are private matters is the first step.<br /> Brent

Diogenes @ Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:22 pm

I quite agrre Brent <br /> However there are many ways to kill a cat besides choking it with cream.<br /> eg <br /> there are individual and groups of invididuals that can will and have <br /> corrected situations such as these situations. <br /> believe me, he will pay, one way or another <br />

Brent Swain @ Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:43 pm

Threatening a child is child abuse by any definition. If they lock him up , getting the message inside that he is a child abuser would make things rough for him there.<br /> Brent

1  2  Next