Canada Kicks Ass
I'b god a code.

1  2  3  4  Next

Matsu @ Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:14 pm

Working in a school, sometimes it feels like you are being bombarded by germs. It's a rare class that doesn't have someone sniffling and sneezing in it. This week it's my turn.

So, what's your preferred method of dealing with a cold? Or are you one of the lucky few who never gets sick?

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:18 pm

A cold, what's that? Oh yeah, it's one of those things that you get but keeps me awake due to extra loud snoring and nose blowing. Garlic, garlic, garlic. It's not like there is a shortage of that here.

Matsu @ Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:33 pm

PDT_Armataz_01_27

bossdog @ Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:42 pm

i've never tried this but it is supposed to be the best home remedy for colds

take a cast iron skillet, cut an onion up into the skillet and cover it all with sugar. don't heat it up, let it sit for 24hrs. a juice will form. drink it up.

i just stick to bottles upon bttles of nyquil and hot totties

canucker @ Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:46 pm

It took me a minute to figure out your thread title wasn't necessarily a spelling error... cute!!

I don't think there is much you can do once you have a cold. NeoCitron is good to help you sleep. Just drink lots of fluids (clear is better), and get lots of rest. Now Shep can do all the housework. :wink:

PluggyRug @ Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:46 pm

Stick two bananas in yer ears,

Suck on a tarbrush,

Sing God save Paul Martin and in eight to ten days your cold will have said bye bye.

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:49 pm

canucker canucker:
It took me a minute to figure out your thread title wasn't necessarily a spelling error... cute!!

I don't think there is much you can do once you have a cold. NeoCitron is good to help you sleep. Just drink lots of fluids (clear is better), and get lots of rest. Now Shep can do all the housework. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8O 8O :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yer funny.

Matsu @ Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:49 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
Stick two bananas in yer ears,

Suck on a tarbrush,

Sing God save Paul Martin and in eight to ten days your cold will have said bye bye.

ROTFL

Yeah, I know there is nothing you really can do for a cold, except manage the symptoms and wait.

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:02 pm

Chinese seem to have an aversion to blowing their nose or covering their mouths when then sneeze. So when one has a cold and sneezes its a viral slime bomb, infecting anyone within range.

Jaime_Souviens @ Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:03 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
A cold, what's that? Oh yeah, it's one of those things that you get but keeps me awake due to extra loud snoring and nose blowing. Garlic, garlic, garlic. It's not like there is a shortage of that here.

Garlic is the absolute best.

I'll tell you about it, and I know none of you will ever do it.

Before you go to bed, take a fresh clove of garlic, and chew it well, completely, directly before bed. Sleep with the natural juices doing their work.

Guaranteed, you will wake up with a throat that feels like new. You won't be completely cured, but it does more than any pharmicological glop I've tried.

Garlic is one of the few foods with natural antiviral agents. ---They eat it all the time in Tibet, (and if there's any place in the world where you would want to avoid a chill, it's Tibet).

PLUS, there's that exciting moment of actually chewing it down, where you're holding onto the kitchen counter-top with white knuckles, wondering how to God all this will stop...

Jaime_Souviens @ Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:04 pm

Chinese seem to have an aversion to blowing their nose or covering their mouths when then sneeze. So when one has a cold and sneezes its a viral slime bomb, infecting anyone within range.

How cute.

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:07 pm

really cute when you're caught in a cross fire

Matsu @ Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:29 pm

$1:
i just stick to bottles upon bttles of nyquil

I tried Nyquil once. I woke up in the middle of the night, with something like a mild panic attack and haven't tried it since.

kerfuffled @ Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:38 pm

really cute when you're caught in a cross fire

They love the snot-rockets!

Jaime_Souviens @ Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:39 pm

Oh, and in addition to garlic...

Bourbon. Plenty of bourbon.

1  2  3  4  Next