Canada Kicks Ass
Omnibus COVID-19 virus discussion thread

Previous  1 ... 331  332  333  334  335  336  337 ... 533  Next

Thanos @ Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:03 pm

I'm going to keep wearing my mask in perpetuity, just to piss all the self-proclaimed "brave" ones off. Which I figure is fair vengeance on those who refused to wear a mask, and behaved like jackasses in general throughout the entire epidemic as well, for no other reason than to piss other people off. If that's what this society is now, just a non-stop war against each other on every single level imaginable and for every silly childish reason pulled out of our asses, then so be it.

Scape @ Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:21 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
I'm not mocking anyone, just rolling my eyes at people who seem to want to keep the pandemic neurosis going past it's best before date.

Bullshit. Or do you want the death toll to be 'acceptable losses'?

I think your just uncomfortable with being told how to live your life. Just like those idiotic libertarians to the south who think rules don't apply to them. You know, stuff like building codes and stop signs.

The more this is allowed to spread to more people will die. That's a fact. And although a good chunk of the people have had a chance to get vaccinate, not everyone has and over 2/3rd of the rest of the planet hasn't even been given access. The more this is out there, and now with a partial vaccinated population who it can now adapt to, the more dangerous this will be.

Scape @ Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:24 pm

Public_Domain @ Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:32 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
xerxes xerxes:
This is where a smart tariff policy could come in. Slap an import tax on all masks coming from China to the point where domestic manufacturers have a fair shot again.

Why stop at masks? Slap tariffs on EVERYTHING coming from China. Period.

-J.

it'll never fuckin happen bud lmao the west is hooked right in, like a god damn bear trap

west: "if we trade with them, they'll get addicted to the ~freedom~, right?"
*forty years later*
lol

our capitalists are dumb af and tariffs are bandaid solutions...

return industry to north america.

bootlegga @ Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:20 pm

xerxes xerxes:
This is where a smart tariff policy could come in. Slap an import tax on all masks coming from China to the point where domestic manufacturers have a fair shot again.

R=UP, but we should add inspections to every package/sea container/crate coming from China - that is likely the only only way to end the flood of fentanyl coming from China. The delays would be sweet revenge for the BS they pulled on Canadian imports last year too.

xerxes xerxes:
This is china’s MO though. Produce goods at bargain basement prices, flood the market with their cheap crap till other producers can’t compete and then corner the market.

That is capitalism's MO - almost every huge company in the West did the same thing, develop a product/service/production method/etc., flood the market, crush their competition, and then develop a near monopoly in their industry. Look at Sears, Walmart, Amazon, IBM, Microsoft, Apple, Ford, as some examples (not all monopolies still exist).

Strutz @ Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:54 pm

Well, one week into BC lifting the mandatory mask wearing in public places. Like most places did, my workplace took down the signage for masks being required on July 1st.

I had a couple days off then have worked the last 5 days. As each day has gone by I'm seeing less and less people wearing masks. I haven't kept track but today I noticed it more than ever. Quite dismaying to say the least.

DrCaleb @ Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:06 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
My question is that what would be the point if all the restrictions are lifted?

How COVID-19 is changing the cold and flu season

COVID-19 prevention strategies may have led to a decrease in common respiratory infections

Covid-19 procedures have reduced other respiratory illness in the population. restrictions may be lifted, but benefits continue.

Tricks @ Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:05 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
That's a ridiculous statement, as no one has the power to influence life or death. That is not up to any of us, and it never will be.
What? No one has the power to influence life or death? So someone with a firearm or a doctor?
$1:
Public_Domain Public_Domain:
follow the asian community...

No thanks.

-J.

Why's that? South Korea has handled it better than almost every country on the planet.

llama66 @ Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:32 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
xerxes xerxes:

Why stop at masks? Slap tariffs on EVERYTHING coming from China. Period.

-J.

Can't. Your boy Harper saw to that.

$1:
I'm not mocking anyone, just rolling my eyes at people who seem to want to keep the pandemic neurosis going past it's best before date.

I must have missed the announcement that the Pandemic was over.

Which is weird, because there were 400k new cases yesterday, and that number is rising again.

Don't push your anti-pandemic complacency/contempt on those of us who identify this disease as a threat.

CDN_PATRIOT @ Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:49 pm

Strutz Strutz:
Well, one week into BC lifting the mandatory mask wearing in public places. Like most places did, my workplace took down the signage for masks being required on July 1st.

I had a couple days off then have worked the last 5 days. As each day has gone by I'm seeing less and less people wearing masks. I haven't kept track but today I noticed it more than ever. Quite dismaying to say the least.

So, personal choice is now 'dismaying'? If the mandatory mask mandate has been lifted and people choose to remove them and go back to normal, that is their choice.

There's nothing from keeping yours on, but why be 'dismayed' at the personal choice of others? Why are so many people on this forum locked into a cycle where personal choice is okay but not okay?

I might roll my eyes at people who either wear masks while alone outside, or want to keep them on once the mandates are gone, but choice is choice.

How about everyone calm down and grow up, and stop furthering all the goddamn division already?? It's time to unite.

-J.

CDN_PATRIOT @ Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:46 pm

Looks like here in Ontario, we are moving into Phase three of re-opening next Friday, which would be a week earlier than originally planned. It will last for 21 days or possible less, which means we are about four weeks (give or take) away from masks finally going bye-bye when all the other restrictions are lifted.

The day that masks are withdrawn, I'm going to buy a mickey and celebrate. This is so far overdue it's not even funny. This whole thing has been mishandled from the beginning, and needs to end sooner rather than later.

Can't wait!

-J.

PluggyRug @ Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:01 pm

Scape @ Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:14 pm

CDN_PATRIOT @ Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:27 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Covid-19 procedures have reduced other respiratory illness in the population. restrictions may be lifted, but benefits continue.

Still not a good enough reason. Those 'other' illnesses were around long before any of this happened, and we learned to live with them and move on.

Sounds to me like some of the top doctors are using this pandemic to exercise the power and control they should have never been allowed to have in the first place.

It will be a much better day for everyone when the last restrictions are lifted.

-J.

DrCaleb @ Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:11 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Still not a good enough reason. Those 'other' illnesses were around long before any of this happened, and we learned to live with them and move on.

And wearing a mask has reduced things like COPD in the population, as those studies show. You wouldn't say 'not good enough' if you had COPD, or actually gave a shit about the personal choice of others. I don't require your approval if I want to wear socks, or a mask. If you want to let me live rent free in your head while you debate my personal choices, that's on you.

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Sounds to me like some of the top doctors are using this pandemic to exercise the power and control they should have never been allowed to have in the first place.

It will be a much better day for everyone when the last restrictions are lifted.

-J.

AAAAAHHHHHH POLICEEE STAAAATE! :lol:

I tease because I laugh at the thought of the vast power and control Doctors have over every aspect of our life. ROTFL

Previous  1 ... 331  332  333  334  335  336  337 ... 533  Next