Canada Kicks Ass
Omnibus COVID-19 virus discussion thread

Previous  1 ... 332  333  334  335  336  337  338 ... 533  Next

CDN_PATRIOT @ Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:49 am

Doctors (through this pandemic) have been given a chance to flex their proverbial muscles and order people around without any means of reprisal. They've been flip flopping since this mess began, and continue to be erratic in their stance either for or against the lifting of restrictions and how we do it.

How is it our medical 'experts' can be so incompetent, while those of other countries have overseen a return to normal long before ours? Our vaccination system (at least here in Ontario, I don't know how it works in other provinces) has been a quagmire since day one. I got my vaccinations through Shopper's Drug Mart (because their locations are convenient to where I live and work), and the system has been a nightmare.

Over booking on some occasions, not booking enough on others, no idea which vaccine will be next, and people who have no business directing the traffic in their stores doing so. Conflicting text/email messages, not knowing which vaccine your getting because according to the pharmacists I talked to along the way, they aren't always getting the information they need from the higher-ups.

Add to all of this that we did nothing for the first few months, when a lockdown at that time not only would have made sense, but stopped the majority of the pandemic quickly and saved many lives. I've lost a lot of faith in the Canadian health care system because of the events of the last year and a half.

It was already brutal to begin with, what with the wait times in clinics/hospitals and the lack of decent doctors/nurses taking it's toll. As someone who had chronic bronchitis for more than 30 years, I can tell you that just going for that check up once a year to get the antibiotics needed for my bronchitis was nothing short of a snafu. The last ten years I had bronchitis (I've been free of it for almost four now), I didn't even bother with the system, and fought it on my own. Sure, it might have lasted a couple more days, but I wasn't about to get jerked around anymore.

Doctors and 'experts' are too quick to complain and cry foul, but they do nothing to help improve the system and maybe try to be part of the solution instead of the problem. I have a great deal of respect for nurses, but the rest of the 'experts' in our system are useless.

-J.

Strutz @ Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:55 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Strutz Strutz:
Well, one week into BC lifting the mandatory mask wearing in public places. Like most places did, my workplace took down the signage for masks being required on July 1st.

I had a couple days off then have worked the last 5 days. As each day has gone by I'm seeing less and less people wearing masks. I haven't kept track but today I noticed it more than ever. Quite dismaying to say the least.

So, personal choice is now 'dismaying'? If the mandatory mask mandate has been lifted and people choose to remove them and go back to normal, that is their choice.

There's nothing from keeping yours on, but why be 'dismayed' at the personal choice of others? Why are so many people on this forum locked into a cycle where personal choice is okay but not okay?

I might roll my eyes at people who either wear masks while alone outside, or want to keep them on once the mandates are gone, but choice is choice.

How about everyone calm down and grow up, and stop furthering all the goddamn division already?? It's time to unite.

-J.

I know it is their choice. I don't need that pointed out to me. :roll:

Why do you care if I personally find it dismaying? That's how I feel.

While the mandate has been lifted, wearing a mask while in public spaces (such as retail stores) is still strongly recommended for anyone who has not had their second shot and waited 2 weeks for it to be fully effective. It is obvious that many people are not heeding this guideline. That is what I find dismaying.

$1:
Friday is the fourth day in a row that the rolling average has increased slightly, after months of declines since its peak in April. It remains a tiny fraction of the 1,130 it had reached back then, however.

Active cases have also ticked up again, for the third consecutive day.

Speaking during a news conference on new visitation rules for long-term care on Thursday, provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry addressed the recent increases to B.C.'s caseload.

"What we're not seeing is virus spreading rapidly in the community," Henry said. "We're continuing with our strong public health follow-up of cases to make sure that we're isolating people, that we're not allowing outbreaks and clusters to spread rapidly."

Most of the ongoing transmission is being detected in "pockets where we have people who are unimmunized and having contact," she added.

According to the ministry, 78.6 per cent of all eligible B.C. residents ages 12 and older have received at least a first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.

A total of 41.3 per cent of people 12 and older are fully vaccinated.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/b-c-adds-45-covid ... -1.5503277

btw... I also find it dismaying that so many people overdose on shitty fentanyl laced drugs. But, it's their choice right?

CDN_PATRIOT @ Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:09 am

Strutz Strutz:
While the mandate has been lifted, wearing a mask while in public spaces (such as retail stores) is still strongly recommended for anyone who has not had their second shot and waited 2 weeks for it to be fully effective. It is obvious that many people are not heeding this guideline. That is what I find dismaying.

It's a guideline and/or a recommendation, not a requirement. At my workplace, we recommend that people who have a wait appointment for their vehicle wait outside the shop, enough away from the office/bay door.

Some do, but some don't. One lady even hung around inside the office area. I didn't start becoming dismayed that she didn't follow a recommendation, but since our customer limit is one for the office at any given time, I politely asked her to go back outside when another customer arrived to drop off his vehicle.

If people don't want to follow recommendations, I'm not wasting my time bothering with it unless the above happens with another customer arriving. Some people come up to my desk without a mask on (I have a plexiglas barrier between my office and the foyer), but I'm not going to yell at them to put a mask on. I'd rather not lose the business, because of how easily offensive people have been as of late.

My point being, don't stress yourself out over the small stuff.

-J.

DrCaleb @ Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:12 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Doctors (through this pandemic) have been given a chance to flex their proverbial muscles and order people around without any means of reprisal. They've been flip flopping since this mess began, and continue to be erratic in their stance either for or against the lifting of restrictions and how we do it.

And every time you've been challenged to give examples of this, you don't. Your accusations are hollow at this point.

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
How is it our medical 'experts' can be so incompetent, while those of other countries have overseen a return to normal long before ours? Our vaccination system (at least here in Ontario, I don't know how it works in other provinces) has been a quagmire since day one. I got my vaccinations through Shopper's Drug Mart (because their locations are convenient to where I live and work), and the system has been a nightmare.

Doctors don't organize clinics. Doctors don't order and deliver vaccines. Doctors don't set up chairs in mass vaccination clinics.

Why are you blaming doctors for things they have no hand in?

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Over booking on some occasions, not booking enough on others, no idea which vaccine will be next, and people who have no business directing the traffic in their stores doing so. Conflicting text/email messages, not knowing which vaccine your getting because according to the pharmacists I talked to along the way, they aren't always getting the information they need from the higher-ups.

Again, Doctors don't do this. Do you blame Doctors when your bike tire is flat?

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Add to all of this that we did nothing for the first few months, when a lockdown at that time not only would have made sense, but stopped the majority of the pandemic quickly and saved many lives. I've lost a lot of faith in the Canadian health care system because of the events of the last year and a half.

Again, politicians do this, not Doctors.

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
It was already brutal to begin with, what with the wait times in clinics/hospitals and the lack of decent doctors/nurses taking it's toll. As someone who had chronic bronchitis for more than 30 years, I can tell you that just going for that check up once a year to get the antibiotics needed for my bronchitis was nothing short of a snafu. The last ten years I had bronchitis (I've been free of it for almost four now), I didn't even bother with the system, and fought it on my own. Sure, it might have lasted a couple more days, but I wasn't about to get jerked around anymore.

Doctors don't allocate budget to Hospitals. Doctors don't make work schedules.

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Doctors and 'experts' are too quick to complain and cry foul, but they do nothing to help improve the system and maybe try to be part of the solution instead of the problem. I have a great deal of respect for nurses, but the rest of the 'experts' in our system are useless.

-J.

Name one Doctor that has 'cried foul', and one Doctor that doesn't want the system to work better and more efficient.

This is just your usual misattributed rant, blaming Doctors for things they have no control over or don't do.

Strutz @ Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:32 am

Some businesses have kept the mandatory mask policy in place. I just checked it this morning and the list has grown.

https://safeshoppingnetwork.knack.com/d ... r_page=100

Public_Domain @ Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:51 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Covid-19 procedures have reduced other respiratory illness in the population. restrictions may be lifted, but benefits continue.

Still not a good enough reason. Those 'other' illnesses were around long before any of this happened, and we learned to live with them and move on.

Sounds to me like some of the top doctors are using this pandemic to exercise the power and control they should have never been allowed to have in the first place.

It will be a much better day for everyone when the last restrictions are lifted.

-J.

oh, lmao, god no. some learned to "live with it", others became statistics.

CDN_PATRIOT @ Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:33 pm

Strutz Strutz:
Some businesses have kept the mandatory mask policy in place. I just checked it this morning and the list has grown.

Businesses don't have the power to do that.

-J.

raydan @ Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:44 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Strutz Strutz:

Businesses don't have the power to do that.

-J.

Something else you got wrong.

CDN_PATRIOT @ Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:03 pm

Find me the part of the Charter that says a business can circumvent it. Go ahead, I'll wait.

-J.

Thanos @ Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:12 pm

"We retain the right to refuse service" to belligerent customers remains in permanent effect for every business regardless of COVID, and not wearing a mask after being requested to inside a privately-owned & operated business isn't protected under any sort of anti-discrimination law. And it won't be protected inside any government building that keeps restrictions in place either. You're free not to wear a mask outside and in your own residence only.

raydan @ Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:15 pm

No shirt, no pants, no service... come on, a business could put a sign saying, "no pink tutu, no service". The YWCA doesn't want me either. :(

Strutz @ Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:52 pm

$1:
Even though masks are no longer legally mandated in B.C. malls and stores, many businesses continue to encourage mask use for the safety of customers and staff – and that decision is getting them named and shamed on a social media blacklist.

Some of the blacklist group users are under the impression that it's now against the law for B.C. businesses to require masks, given that the Ministry of Public Safety replaced its mandate with an indoor mask recommendation on July 1.

That's not the case. Asked about the legality of requiring masks, a ministry spokesperson directed CTV News to the B.C. Centre for Disease Control's website, which states that "private businesses have a right to refuse entry to customers not wearing a mask," and can instead provide curbside pickup options or advise people to shop online.

Businesses do have a responsibility to accommodate customers who can't wear a mask for reasons related to a disability or medical condition, according to the BCCDC. The Ministry of Public Safety also recommends businesses that choose to require masks make some exceptions, including for children under 12.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/b-c-businesses-ad ... -1.5504070

CDN_PATRIOT @ Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:02 pm

That violates the Charter. If the mandate is gone and laws returned to normal, a business can't keep something like that going just because they feel like it. This constitutes a clear violation of Charter rights and serves to limit personal freedom.

$1:
many businesses continue to encourage mask use for the safety of customers and staff – and that decision is getting them named and shamed on a social media blacklist.

As they should. If the mandate is lifted, the mandate is lifted. Total B.S. for any stores that keep trying to enforce something like this. Totally ridiculous!

-J.

raydan @ Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:24 pm

Again, you're wrong... read what Strutz wrote and try to understand.

"Even though masks are no longer legally mandated"... means that a business does not have to mandate mask wearing, but they still can.

Read this... slowly.

$1:
Some of the blacklist group users are under the impression that it's now against the law for B.C. businesses to require masks, given that the Ministry of Public Safety replaced its mandate with an indoor mask recommendation on July 1.

That's not the case. Asked about the legality of requiring masks, a ministry spokesperson directed CTV News to the B.C. Centre for Disease Control's website, which states that "private businesses have a right to refuse entry to customers not wearing a mask," and can instead provide curbside pickup options or advise people to shop online.

CDN_PATRIOT @ Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:40 pm

raydan raydan:
"Even though masks are no longer legally mandated"... means that a business does not have to mandate mask wearing, but they still can.

Makes no sense! If they are no longer legally mandated, then there's no way businesses should be able to mandate them. And why would they? People have had enough of the pandemic and want to get back to normal (if they haven't already). Why would a business want to infringe on that and keep something like this going?

It's counterproductive!

-J.

Previous  1 ... 332  333  334  335  336  337  338 ... 533  Next