Canada Kicks Ass
Omnibus COVID-19 virus discussion thread

Previous  1 ... 473  474  475  476  477  478  479 ... 533  Next

PluggyRug @ Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:17 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Unvaccinated Quebecers will have to pay a 'health contribution,' Legault says

Welcome to 1930's Germany.

Who's next, alcoholics, smokers, the obese, those who at fast food chemical joints.

llama66 @ Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:18 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
llama66 llama66:
Work wants me to get tested, but I don't think I can leave the house to get tested.

$1:
"The Omicron variant is so prevalent in our communities right now that if you have COVID-19 symptoms such as a stuffy or runny nose, cough, fever, sore throat or loss of sense of smell or taste, you should assume you have COVID-19 and are legally required to isolate," Hinshaw said.

"You should stay home and away from others for five or 10 days, depending on your vaccination status or until your symptoms improve, whichever is longer," she said.

"You can take a rapid test if you have one, but for most people with mild illness, a test is not necessary and symptoms can be managed at home."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton ... -1.6309706

She also said in the update, that businesses should not ask for proof of positive tests as a reason for absence, because the system is overwhelmed.

Kinda my thoughts. Didn't want to be a plague rat.

Scape @ Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:29 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Who's next, alcoholics, smokers, the obese, those who at fast food chemical joints.

Really? I would like to see the stats currently of the load the system is under and the break down of Covid, Vaccinated and everyone else. My guess is over 80% of the case load is unvaxxed.

raydan @ Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:56 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Since those people will probably die young, maybe they should get a 'health credit'.

PluggyRug @ Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:59 pm

Scape Scape:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Really? I would like to see the stats currently of the load the system is under and the break down of Covid, Vaccinated and everyone else. My guess is over 80% of the case load is unvaxxed.

Fluff piece from CTV spinning the details.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/vaccinated- ... -1.5653943

DrCaleb @ Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:01 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

If it were 1930's Germany, they'd be used for experiments instead of just taxed. And booze and cigs already get taxed.

Makes sense for everyone who intentionally costs the system more, to pay more into the system. That is how insurance works, isn't it?

Scape @ Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:05 pm

Canada has contracts for up to 100 million Pfizer, Moderna doses in 2022

Scape @ Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:16 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
Fluff piece from CTV spinning the details.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/vaccinated- ... -1.5653943
$1:
On Wednesday, the latest provincial data showed 6,512,777 people out of Quebec’s total population of 8,574,571 people had received two doses of the vaccine, which translates to roughly 75 per cent of the province.

If eight people out of 6,512,777 are sent to hospital with the coronavirus, that rate of hospitalization would be approximately 0.00012 per cent.

But when you have seven unvaccinated people hospitalized, as was the case Wednesday, out of the total unvaccinated population — about two million people — the rate is much higher at 0.00033 per cent.

“That gives you the true reflection of how good the vaccines are,” said Vinh.

Sounds about right.

Here is what I found from the UK:

Covid-19: Fact check—how many patients in hospital are unvaccinated?

[
$1:
The Intensive Care National Audit and Research Centre (ICNARC), which has been monitoring activity throughout the pandemic, provides information on admissions to intensive care.3 Its latest report, published on 31 December, showed that the proportion of patients admitted to critical care in December 2021 with confirmed covid-19 who were unvaccinated was 61%. This proportion had previously fallen from 75% in May 2021 to 47% in October 2021—consistent with the decreasing proportion of the general population who were unvaccinated—before rising again in December 2021.

The proportion of unvaccinated patients in intensive care varied by English region, with the highest rates recorded in London (66%), the south west, and the north west. Being unvaccinated was classed as a person having no record of receiving any vaccination or having had a first dose administered within 14 days of receiving a positive covid test, and only 1.9% of the “unvaccinated” group had received a first dose within that period.

The 61% figure is lower than the 80-90% reported at some hospitals. But the latest ICNARC data span only to 15 December, and the proportion of patients in intensive care who are unvaccinated may have increased as the omicron variant spread in December. Some hospitals will also have been more badly affected than others.

DrCaleb @ Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:13 pm

Scape Scape:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Pretty close to 80%

Alberta Vaccine outcomes.png
Alberta Vaccine outcomes.png [ 73.09 KiB | Viewed 54 times ]

Alberta Vaccine outcomes2.png
Alberta Vaccine outcomes2.png [ 89.38 KiB | Viewed 67 times ]

Alberta Vaccine outcomes3.png
Alberta Vaccine outcomes3.png [ 120.52 KiB | Viewed 63 times ]

https://www.alberta.ca/stats/covid-19-a ... e-outcomes

If you go to Table #4, unVaccinated, No Condition, the majority are children 12 and under. So when we say Covid mostly affects the unvaccinated, we mean mostly Children.

CDN_PATRIOT @ Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:00 pm

Scape Scape:
Canada has contracts for up to 100 million Pfizer, Moderna doses in 2022

Big Pharma gotta keep makin' that sweet cash money....

-J.

rickc @ Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:35 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Scape Scape:

Big Pharma gotta keep makin' that sweet cash money....

-J.

Did you read the article? It clearly states that Canada has already donated close to 13 million doses, and plans on donating 200 million doses by the end of the year. I think that is pretty admirable. It reads more along the lines that Canada is stepping up and doing what it can to help end the pandemic. It reads less along the lines that Canada is unnecessarily lining the pockets of greedy big pharma. Credit should be given where credit is due.

Scape @ Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:16 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Unvaccinated Quebecers will have to pay a 'health contribution,' Legault says

RIP The Canada Health Act.

This will eventually have to be ruled unconstitutional.

CDN_PATRIOT @ Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:26 pm

Quebec never signed the Constitution. Hence everything being backwards and upside down over there even on the best of days.

-J.

raydan @ Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:32 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Quebec never signed the Constitution. Hence everything being backwards and upside down over there even on the best of days.

-J.

Arrête de faire le niaiseux

Scape @ Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:35 pm

Canada Health Act doesn't apply to provinces it applies to doctors and hospitals. The question is whether the feds will withhold federal health funding to Quebec in enforcing the Act.

Previous  1 ... 473  474  475  476  477  478  479 ... 533  Next