Canada Kicks Ass
Omnibus COVID-19 virus discussion thread

Previous  1 ... 476  477  478  479  480  481  482 ... 533  Next

Thanos @ Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:57 pm

Original malignant right-wing conspiracist creep sick with COVID, taking ivermectin, didn't get vaccinated, experiencing natural justice for his many, many sins.....

https://www.alternet.org/2022/01/glenn-beck/

$1:
Conservative radio host Glenn Beck is not doing well in his struggle with COVID-19, according to the Daily Beast. However, Beck made it clear that he's using the medication known as ivermectin, which has not been proven to be an effective treatment.

“I am great, Mark. I am great, Mark,” Beck told Mark Levin. “Despite having COVID and seeing the destruction of our country,” he added.

“Do you have COVID right now?” Levin asked.

“Yeah, I do,” Beck responded, adding, “It’s [COVID-19] starting to go into my lungs today and a little disturbing. I’m on all the medications and treatments and everything else, so.”

This is the second time that Beck has had COVID, after telling Fox News host Tucker Carlson that he had it in April 2021. It was one of the reasons that he said he didn't need to get the vaccine.

"It’s all good," Beck said coughing in his conversation with Levin. "Mark, I am not concerned about it. I’m really not. I just am so done with this whole COVID thing. I know it is real. I am a fatty-fat-fatso, so that is probably not the best thing, and I got some other issues.”

Beck went on to say that he doesn't think that the monoclonal antibodies are working on the new strain, which means he has the Omicron variant. Sadly, the miracle treatment has been called “ineffective.”

He listed off the drugs he was taking, including the anti-parasite drug ivermectin which is used to treat parasitic roundworm infections. The drug is known for causing side effects such as headache, dizziness, muscle pain, nausea, or explosive diarrhea, according to WebMD.

“I have had it for about a week,” Beck said coughing more. “I’m not going downhill. I mean, I think I’m feeling better. It’s just getting into my lungs... you will want to avoid that."

COVID is known for attacking the lungs, increasing inflammation and fluid that leads to pneumonia. It can also lead to acute respiratory distress syndrome, Johns Hopkins explained.

Beck is one of many high-profile conservatives, pastors and anti-vaccine advocates who have been struck with COVID in recent weeks.

Too bad this didn't happen to all these rotten bastards about 15 years ago. Three cheers for ivermectin-induced explosive diarrhea! :twisted:

xerxes @ Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:14 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Original malignant right-wing conspiracist creep sick with COVID, taking ivermectin, didn't get vaccinated, experiencing natural justice for his many, many sins.....

https://www.alternet.org/2022/01/glenn-beck/

$1:
Conservative radio host Glenn Beck is not doing well in his struggle with COVID-19, according to the Daily Beast. However, Beck made it clear that he's using the medication known as ivermectin, which has not been proven to be an effective treatment.

“I am great, Mark. I am great, Mark,” Beck told Mark Levin. “Despite having COVID and seeing the destruction of our country,” he added.

“Do you have COVID right now?” Levin asked.

“Yeah, I do,” Beck responded, adding, “It’s [COVID-19] starting to go into my lungs today and a little disturbing. I’m on all the medications and treatments and everything else, so.”

This is the second time that Beck has had COVID, after telling Fox News host Tucker Carlson that he had it in April 2021. It was one of the reasons that he said he didn't need to get the vaccine.

"It’s all good," Beck said coughing in his conversation with Levin. "Mark, I am not concerned about it. I’m really not. I just am so done with this whole COVID thing. I know it is real. I am a fatty-fat-fatso, so that is probably not the best thing, and I got some other issues.”

Beck went on to say that he doesn't think that the monoclonal antibodies are working on the new strain, which means he has the Omicron variant. Sadly, the miracle treatment has been called “ineffective.”

He listed off the drugs he was taking, including the anti-parasite drug ivermectin which is used to treat parasitic roundworm infections. The drug is known for causing side effects such as headache, dizziness, muscle pain, nausea, or explosive diarrhea, according to WebMD.

“I have had it for about a week,” Beck said coughing more. “I’m not going downhill. I mean, I think I’m feeling better. It’s just getting into my lungs... you will want to avoid that."

COVID is known for attacking the lungs, increasing inflammation and fluid that leads to pneumonia. It can also lead to acute respiratory distress syndrome, Johns Hopkins explained.

Beck is one of many high-profile conservatives, pastors and anti-vaccine advocates who have been struck with COVID in recent weeks.

Too bad this didn't happen to all these rotten bastards about 15 years ago. Three cheers for ivermectin-induced explosive diarrhea! :twisted:

Here's hoping he bathes in his own piss before he expires. Serves him right the ghoul.

xerxes @ Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:16 pm

xerxes xerxes:
Got my booster shot today. Moderna this time after the first two were from Pfizer. Hopefully I don’t have to complete the collection ….

Oh man. I was on my ass the next day because of the vaccine. The first two times, I had a bit of soreness and a headache, but this time, I felt kicked around like I do when I have a cold.

rickc @ Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:26 pm

I have learned to take all vaccines on my Friday, that way I don't have to miss any work. My job gave us a paid day off of work for getting both shots early in the game. The second dose made me miss a day of work as I got it on my weekend, so the whole day off thing became a wash. I will take one day of feeling like crap over weeks in the hospital with a tube down my throat any time.

Scape @ Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:08 pm

Doctors demand Spotify to remove Joe Rogan episode featuring controversial scientist for spreading misinformation

Big tech is above the law. We can't rely on public shaming to hold them in check or to uphold their haphazard terms of service. We need to cut them off at the root.

Scape @ Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:30 pm

TDPS on Spotify

DrCaleb @ Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:45 pm

Scape Scape:
Looking just at the nuts and bolts of the technology you are correct but the access to commercial access is not the same thing as the internet itself. We are not talking about that, as it would be impractical.

I don't know what you mean here. [huh]

Internet access is internet access. Whether it's through an edge provider, or if you have your own server farms on a backbone. There is no difference on the wild internet between the two. That's the way it was designed.

Scape Scape:
We are talking about having ISP subject to a CODE OF CODUCT similar to what our national broadcasters have already in place.

But broadcasters have a code of ethical conduct that guides them. It doesn't guide their viewers, like you want ISPs to do. ISPs cannot police what their users do unless they monitor their users. That costs money, and requires a heavy redo in the physical architecture of the internet in Canada.

There is no morality in providing people Internet access from their homes. I've been trying to get you to see that imposing a new regime on an industry that is impossible to accomplish will only result in failure. ISPs provide data. Nothing more. It's up to the user where they let their eyeballs roam.

Scape Scape:
We can't have rules for thee except for me when it comes to the internet.

Why not? That was how the internet was intended. Actually more like, no rules for thee or me. We are subject to protocols, and not much else. :)

Scape Scape:
We can't block independent isp's even though they share the same backbone as the major ISP's but we can, as other countries around the would have, make them subject to laws of the land they reside in.

Now you are on a different subject. ISPs are already subject to the laws of the country they reside in. Telus, Shaw, Rogers all must answer to the CRTC. They all must provide third party ISPs access to their infrastructure. But they don't have to be nice about it.

Scape Scape:
We can go after the major tech companies directly, such as google Facebook et al but at the end of the day are the Canadian companies? We need to look at our own backyard 1st.

But wait, you just you wanted to make them subject to the laws of the country they were in? Facebook is in Canada, so is Google. Just like the ISPs. Facebook already abides by Canadian law, especially when it comes to things like facial recognition.

Right now, Facebook only has to report income to securities regulators. All we have to do is subject them to metrics. Like how many children are subject to peer pressure daily. How many French language moderations have their been on covid conspiracies this month?

Give them some metrics to report on, then they have to start tracking this shit.

Scape @ Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:54 pm

B.C. reports seven new deaths, sets new hospitalization record

$1:
A record number of British Columbians were in hospital with COVID-19 on Thursday, as health officials confirmed another seven deaths from the virus.

The number of infectious cases in hospital climbed by 34 to 534, eclipsing the record of 515 set in April, 2021.

The number of people in critical or intensive care remained unchanged at 102.

Officials recorded five new outbreaks in care facilities, leaving the province with 53 outbreaks in health-care settings -- nine of which were in hospitals.

Officials reported another 2,554 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19, with at least 36,049 active cases province-wide.

Scape @ Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:18 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
But broadcasters have a code of ethical conduct that guides them. It doesn't guide their viewers, like you want ISPs to do. ISPs cannot police what their users do unless they monitor their users. That costs money, and requires a heavy redo in the physical architecture of the internet in Canada.

What I am talking about is a code of conduct just the same that the broadcasters are required to adhere to. This requires hearings, a complaint process and ombudsman. The ISP will not be monitoring the traffic, rather the public who reside in Canada have a voice to write in stating what terms are being breached. These will be reported and remedial actions will be taken. Ideally the site itself will take action but they may be outside of Canadian jurisdiction but the ISP is subject to our laws. If the offending site does not provide the appropriate action the ISP will then be compelled to shut down the site to their customers. How that is done will be up to them but they will be required to stop the signal. Domains will be blocked, IP will be blocked by the provider.

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
ISPs provide data. Nothing more. It's up to the user where they let their eyeballs roam.

If you aid and abet terrorism, propagate misinformation during a pandemic you are breaking the law in this land. If the platform you are using to break the law is outside of the country we should be able to block the platform you are using to send your message either by delisting the platform OR using our local access providers to stop the signal. This doesn't mean the signal itself will be stopped 100% and that is not the intent but rather forcing major tech companies such as Facebook, Google and any other social media platform to conform to OUR laws if they want to be carried by our ISPs.

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
But wait, you just you wanted to make them subject to the laws of the country they were in? Facebook is in Canada, so is Google. Just like the ISPs. Facebook already abides by Canadian law, especially when it comes to things like facial recognition.

And play wack-a-mole? No. We can go after Google Canada while Google USA still keeps the site up. Waste of time. They can make a new company like Spotify and keep doing it. Bad faith actors will skirt the law, ISP in Canada who need a license to operate can't.

Scape @ Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:58 pm

Scape @ Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:01 pm

Scape @ Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:29 pm

Thanos @ Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:56 pm

Beck's not allowed to let a day pass without saying "internment camps" at least once. It's in his contract, the one that turned him into a multi-millionaire through peddling hysteria to complete & total gullible morons.

Wonder what the US could have been without that streak of insane paranoia about literally everything that runs through their national blood. How much more could they have accomplished, before their inevitable disintegration began, if so many of them hadn't been hiding behind locked doors cradling loaded guns in sheer terror for most of their lives of for someone (government, Negro, Jew, commie, Chinese food delivery guy, etc) "coming to get them". Like, it's kind of not normal or healthy for a massive percentage of an entire nation's population to think & behave that way. :|

rickc @ Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:24 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Beck's not allowed to let a day pass without saying "internment camps" at least once. It's in his contract, the one that turned him into a multi-millionaire through peddling hysteria to complete & total gullible morons.

Wonder what the US could have been without that streak of insane paranoia about literally everything that runs through their national blood. How much more could they have accomplished, before their inevitable disintegration began, if so many of them hadn't been hiding behind locked doors cradling loaded guns in sheer terror for most of their lives of for someone (government, Negro, Jew, commie, Chinese food delivery guy, etc) "coming to get them". Like, it's kind of not normal or healthy for a massive percentage of an entire nation's population to think & behave that way. :|

Have you ever even been to the U.S.?

Thanos @ Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:20 pm

Back in the old days before 9/11, before the wars, before Trump, before everyone with a gripe had some kind of military-style rifle, before mass shootings, before the GOP chased anyone normal & sane from the party, before all the poison brewing deep down below leaked to the surface. It's been a long time, like in the early 1990's, since I was last there.

Previous  1 ... 476  477  478  479  480  481  482 ... 533  Next