Canada Kicks Ass
Omnibus COVID-19 virus discussion thread

Previous  1 ... 479  480  481  482  483  484  485 ... 533  Next

DrCaleb @ Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:05 pm

Holy moley! Third shot has really made my arm sore. But still happy I got it.

llama66 @ Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:57 pm

I couldn't lift my arm after number 3.

raydan @ Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:28 pm

But why? My theory is that we expect it to hurt more.

DrCaleb @ Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:35 pm

It hurts more, because your immune system is reacting to the virus harder. The more it hurts, the stronger your immune system is fighting. It's a good hurt. ;)

Scape @ Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:41 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Assumes facts not in evidence.

As I wrote earlier, legislate metrics that social media companies must post. I never wrote that they should be left to self regulation. Right now, all they have to publish by law are their financial statements. Make them responsible for other metrics, like the number of children who demonstrate signs of self harm monthly, number who describe eating disorders, etc. We know they pay attention to things like this, and can monitor it, through whistle blowers.

Let's find out what they know, then we can figure out what they need to change.

Online speech is still speech. There are already legal standards as to when speech changes from talk to harm. What the platforms need is an actual policy or regulation with regards to monitoring and what do do with violators.

Suicide of Amanda Todd
Suicide of Rehtaeh Parsons

The Dutch have laws on the books I assume and I know we do but the internet gives cover for unlawful acts. We ended up convicting him but how many lives were ruined to get there and how many others got away or were emboldened to commit more heinous acts? Do we leave justice up to groups like anonymous to lynch mob?

There is a latency in law. It takes forever it seems for it to catch up but then we throw into the mix our laws with other countries and add an unaccountable layer of technology and we end up with pedophile rings. How are we going to find out what they know unless we get extremely lucky? Within our own boarders we need a circuit breaker. Not saying we do deep packet inspection, we use a firewall or some means of international agreement that certain acts are not acceptable or we end up with fires out of control and the whole world is a theater.

llama66 @ Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:32 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
It hurts more, because your immune system is reacting to the virus harder. The more it hurts, the stronger your immune system is fighting. It's a good hurt. ;)

Then I got COVID (probably) within 5 days of the shot and napped for 5 days.

Scape @ Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:01 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Holy moley! Third shot has really made my arm sore. But still happy I got it.

Got mine today, head fog. Ugh.

Scape @ Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:28 pm

Vaccine mandates increased uptake of COVID shots by almost 70%, Canadian study finds

$1:
The beatings will continue until moral improves.

Scape @ Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:13 pm

housewife @ Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:16 pm

It’s sad that they aren’t listening to students. I know a family that had to fight for online learning even though their son has a long list of medical problems. Once they got permission for him the school said but the younger children still has to go!!! The fight got more interesting then! They won both kids are doing online. Last thing you want when someone in the household has medical issues is to expose them to covid.

DrCaleb @ Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:12 am

Alberta's health minister tests positive for COVID-19 as more than 1,000 Albertans hospitalized with the virus

DrCaleb @ Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:27 am

:lol:

DrCaleb @ Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:08 am

Alberta-run jails have the highest COVID-19 rate in the country

Scape @ Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:10 pm

Revealed: How a web of Canadian doctors are undermining the fight against COVID-19

$1:
Seemingly baffled, Ontario Superior Court Justice Edward Morgan didn’t quite know what to say when told only one of the four defendants for a hearing showed up.

It was a landmark hearing for Ontario. Four doctors — Rochagne Kilian, Mary O’Connor, Mark Trozzi and Patrick Phillips — had been scheduled to appear to fight legal proceedings brought by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) late last year.

Trozzi, O’Connor and Kilian have been accused by the CPSO of failing to comply with investigations into allegations they issued false medical exemptions for the COVID-19 vaccine. Phillips, the CPSO says, is threatening to re-release a tranche of confidential documents on Twitter.

But on January 7, only O’Connor, and her lawyer Michael Swinwood, showed up on Zoom to argue their case.

“Alright. Um, ah, okay,” Morgan said, after being informed that Trozzi and Phillips’ lawyer, Michael Alexander, had decided to “withdraw” and would not be appearing at the hearing, despite CPSO counsel telling Alexander this was not allowed under civil procedure.

Conversation then turned to Kilian. Her lawyer, Rocco Galati, had been hospitalized and was in intensive care with an undisclosed illness, resulting in her case being rescheduled.

READ MORE: The great COVID-19 infodemic: How disinformation networks are radicalizing Canadians

The prominent anti-vaccine lawyer has frequently represented groups and individuals challenging vaccine mandates and has described vaccination as “experimentation.”

Morgan wished Galati good health before deciding to press ahead with the hearing.

What followed was a journey down a rabbithole of anti-Covid-19-vaccine rhetoric, conspiracy theories and one claim that the pandemic was a “planned exercise in population control.” It concluded with an argument from defense lawyer, Swinwood, that Canada’s Covid restrictions are akin to Nazi Germany regulations.

But these views from licensed medical professionals — seemingly at odds with the science that an education in medicine preaches — are not confined to this one virtual court hearing in Ontario. A small but vocal minority of doctors across Canada is attempting to sway public opinion to oppose COVID-19 vaccines.

Many are being investigated or have had their medical licences suspended. Many have not.

Experts are concerned that these doctors — speaking at rallies and promoting their views in widely shared videos — are lending weight to the anti-vaccine cause.

“It’s definitely harmful to the public. I think it’s absolutely connected to the vaccine hesitancy rates that we’re seeing,” Queen’s University assistant professor and family doctor Michelle Cohen says.

“They’re just adding to the infodemic and to this sludge of disinformation … that’s just flying around and making it very confusing for many people to figure out what is accurate and what is not.”

At first glance it seems that these doctors are acting independently.

But Global News can reveal that many are connected.

raydan @ Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:19 pm

AHS orders restaurant closure after worker caught accepting dog photos over vaccination records

https://calgary.citynews.ca/2022/01/18/ ... on-record/

Previous  1 ... 479  480  481  482  483  484  485 ... 533  Next