Omnibus COVID-19 virus discussion thread

Previous  1 ... 480  481  482  483  484  485  486 ... 533  Next

Scape @ Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:49 pm

Canada terminates $222M PPE contract following forced labour probe

DrCaleb @ Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:02 am

DrCaleb @ Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:50 am

Edmonton geriatric psychiatry hospital overwhelmed by COVID-19

$1:
A Covenant Health spokesperson confirmed to CBC that since January 9, 115 patients have tested positive along with 10 staff. Two patients have died.

With the facility at near capacity, that means about 80 per cent of current patients have tested positive for COVID-19, leaving only 28 patients who so far have escaped the virus in the outbreak.

Scape @ Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:18 pm

Canada Post employees may be sent home if they choose to wear an N95 mask

CDN_PATRIOT @ Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:03 am

Scape Scape:
Canada Post employees may be sent home if they choose to wear an N95 mask

I don't understand this at all. What the hell is Canada Post's problem??

-J.

DrCaleb @ Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:35 am

Nocebo responses explain up to 76% of COVID vaccine side effects

$1:
Many people are familiar with "placebo effects," which happen when an inert intervention leads people to report health benefits that couldn't possibly have been caused by the faux treatment. Placebo effects are well-documented and real—in that people can indeed experience a certain extent of psychosomatic benefits. A placebo will not treat serious medical conditions, such as cancer, but it could, for example, lead people to feel they have more energy or less general discomfort.

raydan @ Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:59 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Nocebo responses explain up to 76% of COVID vaccine side effects

$1:
Many people are familiar with "placebo effects," which happen when an inert intervention leads people to report health benefits that couldn't possibly have been caused by the faux treatment. Placebo effects are well-documented and real—in that people can indeed experience a certain extent of psychosomatic benefits. A placebo will not treat serious medical conditions, such as cancer, but it could, for example, lead people to feel they have more energy or less general discomfort.

I told you.

DrCaleb @ Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:02 am

I never doubted it. I just wait for the science based study to finish. :)

Edit: I'm experiencing it. I had a headache for a couple days after my 3rd shot. Now I woke up a bit lightheaded. I could blame it on the vaccine, but I know coincidence is not causality.

CDN_PATRIOT @ Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:07 pm

Originally, January 26th had been set as the original date for some easing of restrictions in the province of Ontario, but now it's January 13th:

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-announces-three-step-plan-to-gradually-lift-covid-19-restrictions-1.5747444

March 31st was the original date for ALL restrictions (including removing masks and proof-of- vaccination), but now we don't have a definite date for that. Instead, we get:

$1:
A date for lifting Ontario's proof of vaccination system and mask mandate was not announced.

This bothers me a fair bit. Why do we all of a sudden not have a date for this, when we did for some time? You can't announce a whole new way of reopening, but not tell us a time when the masks will finally be tossed, among other things.

That being said, there is also this:

https://globalnews.ca/news/8523142/uk-drops-covid-restrictions-omicron-peak/

The UK will drop restrictions and masks, and start treating the coronavirus like the flu at this point, which is what we should be doing here (and I've also said ALL ALONG). Britain was worse off than most places during the pandemic, and if they can do this, we can as well.

It's time the people in charge here followed suit.

-J.

housewife @ Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:38 pm

But we aren’t Britain. I know you don’t like how this is going but complaining isn’t going to change how our government is going about it. There’s really nothing wrong with caution considering how quickly variables can change. Complaining that they didn’t see this coming isn’t helping either. Or that it should be done another way. It’s not things are changing and this is the way we’re doing it for better or worse.

Scape @ Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:40 pm

You said all along we should treat this like the flu and that is why you have been repeatedly kicked to the curb. Doug tried it your way and nearly had the healthcare system collapse TWICE. He is only now, cautiously, opening back up. He stopped listen to the idiots and the donor class because the realty is there is no one left to staff the hospitals.

Scape @ Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:42 pm

herbie @ Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:42 pm

THe fucking whiney truck drivers are now at it. Threatening how we're all going to pay if they have to follow the rules of everyone else.MOF they're not gonna get across the border next week to come back, the USA's imposing the same rules.
Our local math and reality impaired antivax leader has just posted that 360.000 trucks will be leaving Vancouver for a rally in Ottawa and they've raised $300,000 for the protest.
They should make it to Boundary Road on 90c worth of diesel.

Scape @ Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:49 pm

Thank a trucker who got vaccinated like a grownup

The cons are REALLY trying to peddle this BS.

Scape @ Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:55 pm

Singer dies after deliberately catching COVID-19

$1:
Rek said his mother got infected on purpose when he and his father had the virus, so she could get a recovery pass to access certain venues.

Darwin winner right there.

Previous  1 ... 480  481  482  483  484  485  486 ... 533  Next