Canada Kicks Ass
Preparing for the flu season

1  2  Next

BartSimpson @ Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:19 pm

California's Yolo County Department of Public Health sent me a great flier for getting the word out about flu prevention.

I'm sharing it here in English. I also have it in Russian or Spanish if needed - pm me with an email address and I'll forward it to you.

leewgrant @ Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:28 pm

Thanks. Useful.

BartSimpson @ Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:46 pm

You are most welcome! :wink:

kenmore @ Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:41 am

Big tip.. wash your hands and keep them out of your mouth and nose.. get the flu vaccine.

bootlegga @ Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:48 am

They are going into overdrive here in Alberta, putting out all sorts of tips and advisories, as they think with school back in soon it will spread like wildfire.

kenmore @ Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:37 pm

The prediction is a pandemic.... the Universities are gearing up for the new school year and the influx of foreign students.. All nursing staff who work in acute care are expected to be vaccinated with n1h1 vaccine..

kitty @ Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:14 pm

i am a chronic hand washer. i also carry little bottles of hand sanitizer everywhere: in my purse, in my car, on my desk and even as you walk in the front door just like at the doctors office.

i got into the habit when my sister was sick and i could not afford to get sick.

TattoodGirl @ Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:05 pm

Wash your hands and stop picking your nose...you will fare well...and dont lick things that you dont know where they have been....

Stay away from flu shots...they contain microchips 8O :lol:

raydan @ Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:11 pm

TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:
Wash your hands and stop picking your nose...you will fare well...and dont lick things that you dont know where they have been....

I hope you follow your own advice TG. :wink:

travior @ Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:08 pm

The media has been wanting this to happen for a long time. All we can do is go on with our normal lives and practice good hygene until a vaccine is available. We can't hole ourselve up. The biggest thing that worries me about this one is how it affects the young kids more than other strains do. With two 6mo olds, that is my only worry.

My sister-in-law had it this summer and she said it wasn't that bad. No worse than a normal flu.

TattoodGirl @ Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:39 pm

raydan raydan:
TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:

I hope you follow your own advice TG. :wink:

I do hon....I only lick those I know well :D

Mama @ Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:47 pm

We should worry about all strains of flu not just the swine flu. Regular flu kills approx 8000 people every year in Canada alone !! 8O wash wash wash !!

Proculation @ Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:01 pm

I lick a lot of things so I guess I have a lot of antibodies. :mrgreen:

Hyack @ Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:57 pm

WTF....why is it 95% of the n00bs here have to make their first post a necro.... [huh] :twisted:

wildrosegirl @ Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:08 pm

I've asked that repeatedly, and have yet to receive an answer.

Evidently you are not able to identify date stamps until your 10th post. :roll:

Drives me up the freakin' wall. (If I fall off and break my arm, I'm suing. :lol: )

1  2  Next