Canada Kicks Ass
Tramacet....anyone have any experience with it?

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:47 am

My doctor has put me on Tramacet for pain management. I'm leery as it's an opiate but different than codeine(supposed to be somewhere between codeine and morphine). I don't like opiates for a variety of reasons, nausea and constipation being the primary two. Has anyone used this stuff? I don't need anyone linking shit, or copying and pasting, as I've read the medical info on what it is and is supposed to do. I'd like to know from those who've used it or personally know those who have.

xerxes @ Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:18 pm

I'm on Tramadol right now for my wrecked ankle and it's effectively the same as Tramacet.

And I shared your concerns over the fact that it's an opioid. But so far for me I haven't had any issues with it. I take it when Mu ankle hurts too much which really only works out to twice a day. I haven't had any problems with it either. No weirdness, no side effects, no nothing.

Of course, you might be different seeing as you've had problems with opioids before. But in my experience so far, it's a fine drug for taking pain away.

Hope that helps.

trexx @ Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:39 pm

I have taken it a couple of times, most recently for a torn rotator cuff.
Before that it was prescribed for blown out ankle ligaments.

It is generally classified as opiate like in its pain killing abilities and can be taken as a pill or by injections. It is popular and readily prescribed by doctors because it does not provide the "high" like other opiates and thus is not very addictive.

I would rank it as a poor second to the usually prescribed stronger opiates in it's pain killing abilities however it is probably both safer and less likely to cause problems over extended use.
I had minimum constipation problems with it but at higher doses I still got a dull but mild headache.

I would give it a chance before asking for opiates for obvious reasons.

It worked out pretty well for getting me through physiotherapy aches and twinges.

Freakinoldguy @ Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:52 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
My doctor has put me on Tramacet for pain management. I'm leery as it's an opiate but different than codeine(supposed to be somewhere between codeine and morphine). I don't like opiates for a variety of reasons, nausea and constipation being the primary two. Has anyone used this stuff? I don't need anyone linking shit, or copying and pasting, as I've read the medical info on what it is and is supposed to do. I'd like to know from those who've used it or personally know those who have.

I've got a bottle of it sitting in my medicine cabinet alongside a bottle of unused Tylenol 3. I was prescribed the Tramadol because the T3's were becoming ineffective and since the CMA has decided we're all junkies from what they were prescribing us, they've been pushing this crap as a safe alternative which, if you look at it objectively may be another medical myth.

The only reason this stuff wasn't made a scheduled drug when it came out was because it wasn't anywhere near as effective as the other choices. But even with it's ineffectiveness the Americans have finally made it a scheduled drug because it has alot of the same side effects as other pain killers and requires more of the drug to get the same effect which isn't a good deal.

But anyway I did some research about the effectiveness and found this. So good luck because remember that they made alot of the same claims about oxycontin.

http://www.emedexpert.com/compare/tramadol.shtml

And here are some peoples experiences with this non addictive safe alternative to opiates.

http://patient.info/forums/discuss/tram ... tive-35416

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:34 pm

I don't really trust doctors when they tell you something doesn't cause withdrawal. I had a bad experience a few years ago with an SSRI that was prescribed to treat pain. It didn't work so I stopped taking it ....wrong wrong wrong move.

andyt @ Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:41 pm

I don't know much about all this, but you hear of people saying they were able to quit opioids by switching to pot. And it's not about smoking and getting high, but maybe more about using capsules/oil. It certainly seems like something worth investigating before getting on something that can get you hooked. Just googling marijuana pain seems to bring up all sorts of sites, including one that lets you find the best strain. https://www.leafly.com/explore/symptoms-pain

Thanos @ Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:20 pm

Mix it with a few beers one night and get back to me if it works out good. :mrgreen:

2Cdo @ Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:24 pm

Thanos Thanos:

Mix it with a few beers one night and get back to me if it works out good. :mrgreen:

I prefer percocet and whiskey. 8O

ShepherdsDog @ Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:30 am

I don't take any booze(1 beer, 1 glass of wine or a shot) if I've had tylenol or advil in the past 3-4 hours

ShepherdsDog @ Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:16 pm

Finally took one this afternoon....fast acting with pain relief and it doesn't leave you feeling gooned/buzzed like codeine seems to.

Freakinoldguy @ Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:33 pm

Finally took one this afternoon....fast acting with pain relief and it doesn't leave you feeling gooned/buzzed like codeine seems to.

Let me know how it works out. I'm getting to the point where I'll try it just so I can sleep at night. LOL

ShepherdsDog @ Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:57 pm

Ask your Dr. about it. It's an opiate,but it hasn't got a 'slug-buzz' like a T3 gives you, which I don't like yet all the medical information says it's stronger than a T3....referred to in some Lit as T5, as it's acetaminophen and an opiate. I'll know in a bit if it has another negative side effect.....took a mega fibre dose just in case :lol:

Freakinoldguy @ Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:39 pm

Ask your Dr. about it. It's an opiate,but it hasn't got a 'slug-buzz' like a T3 gives you, which I don't like yet all the medical information says it's stronger than a T3....referred to in some Lit as T5, as it's acetaminophen and an opiate. I'll know in a bit if it has another negative side effect.....took a mega fibre dose just in case :lol:

Read my previous post. I did ask him about the side effects as related to my health and he said there were no side effects to worry about because a couple of million Europeans couldn't be wrong. ROTFL