Canada Kicks Ass
Bullying in the Schools?

1  2  3  4  5 ... 10  Next

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:41 pm

This topic has been in and out of the news alot recently. It has become a serious issue resulting in suicide and murder amongst the students. Yet, teachers seem to either ignore it or are afraid to get involved. Studies now seem to show that the bully does not suffer from low self esteem, as was previously thought, but they an over inflated view of themselves. Were you or your child ever bullied in school? How was it dealt with, and what do you propose be done about it?

Arctic_Menace @ Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:48 pm

If your child is being bullied, put him in martial arts so he can teach that bully a thing or two. Thats what my folks did. :twisted:

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:21 pm

Ah, but most schools have a rule about no physical contact. Even if the victim is younger and smaller, the act of self defense would land them in trouble too.
:?

CDN_Raptor @ Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:58 pm

lol this is were people get shit all wrong... the only way to stop a bully is to fight back, u might get your ass kicked but theyll think twice before pickingt on u again...

People that get bullied well I feel bad for them to a piont, but hell you gotta learn to stand and fight, fuck rules about fighting kick the sob's ass if he lays a fingure on you... knock the fucker out and we wont touch u again, bullies are losers.

tough people dont need to pick on the weak cause we already know were strong, its the guys that have something to prove that pick on the weak

so before all you guys start jumping on jocks why dont u pull your heads outta your asses stop listening to the media and take alook who really does it i promise ull be surprised...

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:36 pm

My oldest son is in Grade 2 and 3 he was bullied by a Grade 7, and later Grade 8, student on a daily basis (the school was small, N-8 with most of the students in N-4). This student was also suspected of molesting a couple of younger children and trying to hang a couple of other ones. The divisional administration refused to do anything and the police had their hands tied by the Youth Criminal Justice Act. His parents were as useless as tits on a boar. If this kid was the monster, then his mother was Dr. Frankenstein. They were in the police station on a weekly basis as a result of his behavior. Nothing worked and parents were warned not to physically intervene as they could be the ones charged.

The bully was eventually removed from the school and placed in another one in another community, but when he was expelled from that one, for violence against a teacher and other students, the superintendent was ready to put him right back into my son's school, without consideration for the other student's safety. 'We can't infringe on his right to an education.'was the lame reason given.

WLDB @ Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:40 pm

I was bullied quite a bit in elementary school. It upset me alot. However I simply ignored them. If they dont see that they are having an effect on you they are likely to get bored and move on.

Plus after about 4 bullies I exploded in grade 8 and went all samurai on the kid. He never bothered me again nor did anyone else.

The Hoser @ Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:54 pm

It all depends on the kind of bullying. The pyhsical shit I can deal with, ya know break a few of their fingers and they won't mess with you anymore. It's the taunting little bastards that get to you, because you know you can't do jack shit to them or you'll get blamed (Though, in my case, I got so many teacher on my payroll I can practically give people headlocks in the middle of class) and they continually taunt and taunt... A few broken fingers usually fixes this problem as well.

The big problem is when women start to insult you and taunt you on a regular basis, because no man of honour ever lays a finger on a woman and there's not a thing to be done. The women are the really bullies, especially the good lookin' ones, sadly :(

hwacker @ Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:58 pm

The Dark Canuck The Dark Canuck:
It all depends on the kind of bullying. The pyhsical shit I can deal with, ya know break a few of their fingers and they won't mess with you anymore. It's the taunting little bastards that get to you, because you know you can't do jack shit to them or you'll get blamed (Though, in my case, I got so many teacher on my payroll I can practically give people headlocks in the middle of class) and they continually taunt and taunt... A few broken fingers usually fixes this problem as well.

The big problem is when women start to insult you and taunt you on a regular basis, because no man of honour ever lays a finger on a woman and there's not a thing to be done. The women are the really bullies, especially the good lookin' ones, sadly :(

Hahaha the girls don't like you, eh

FYI thats something you should not air in public, use the inside your head voice.

The Hoser @ Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:24 pm

hwacker hwacker:

FYI thats something you should not air in public, use the inside your head voice.

In highschool? Are you serious? Why even TRY to get girls in highschool. They're just status symbols at this point.

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:31 pm

in a few years you'll be able to drive. Then the girls won't care what you look like. Take a look at guys with cars and the girls they have with them. Besides enjoy your youth and don't worry about girls for awhile, have fun as you only live once.

canucker @ Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:57 pm

IMO bullying among girls is worse than the bullying guys do. With girls it's more emotional than physical and can cause alot of psychological damage.

Girls do things like name-calling, teasing, verbal threats, social exclusion and pushing. Verbal abuse and is much more likely in girls (false rumours, etc.) while boys are more of a target of physical aggression.

Some good links:

Girls Bullying Girls

When Girls Are Bullies....

hwacker @ Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:57 am

hwacker hwacker:

In highschool? Are you serious? Why even TRY to get girls in highschool. They're just status symbols at this point.

Well this could be a problem, if you have this attitude now what’s going to happen in 10 years. Don't slip to the other side. :wink:

Don't believe the PM spin.

FireWire @ Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:51 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Ah, but most schools have a rule about no physical contact. Even if the victim is younger and smaller, the act of self defense would land them in trouble too.

Who said you should get physical on the school ground? :wink:

Martial art is a good start, kick boxing also good. Martial art is an illegal weapon to hurt someone intentionally other than self defense. Au contraire to kick boxing where a kick in the nuts followed by a hook is also damagable but legal. :P

Arctic_Menace @ Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:00 am

At my high school, the rule is if you get into a fight with someone, and send them to the hopsital, for any type of injury(sprain ankle, broken bones, etc.), you are expelled. No questions asked. No "ifs" "ands" or "buts". Which is why I just block hits as best as I can and try to hold them until they give up. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

BartSimpson @ Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:00 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:

What utter bullshit. The most effective way to stop a fight is to win it.

When I was teaching years ago I had one kid who was always getting harassed and he asked me once what to do? I told him to find the kid who was the biggest, nastiest bastard at school and to go kick his ass mercilessly into the middle of next week. By taking on the worst offender all the lesser assholes would leave the kid alone.

Sure enough, it worked.

These silly damn liberal teachers with their huggy-feely ideas of how to solve problems were, themselves, likely the kids who had their asses handed to them two or three times a day when they were in school and they project their spinelessness onto their students.

Someone picks a fight with you for no good reason other than to entertain their own sadistic impulses and you're supposed to reason with them?

Bullshit.

Beat them to a freaking pulp and make an example of them to all the other morons.

When I was a little kid I was the one targeted for abuse and all the blather from the teachers never did a bloody damn thing. It only stopped when I met force with greater force.

And such is life in the real world.

1  2  3  4  5 ... 10  Next