Canada Kicks Ass
CANADA, A Christian nation?

Previous  1  2  3  Next

Proculation @ Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:13 pm

I think we should explicitly say that Canada is based on Christian values. But, we should also say that we have separation of state and religion. That way, we can exclude Islam which is incompatible with our values.

gigs @ Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:13 pm

kenmore kenmore:
Canada used to be a Christian nation founded on Christian Values.. now its a country of takers who are out to get what ever they can and send it back to the mother country.. Canada the gift tha keeps on giving !

You sound like a big Harper supporter after all he's a rednecked immigrant hating bible thumping Christian :P

Akhenaten @ Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:15 pm

Guy_Fawkes Guy_Fawkes:
Akhenaten Akhenaten:
Just a thought: "God keep our land"...doesn't actually mean "Christian". Christians aren't the only ones with a God.

I doubt when the words were writen the author was refering to a abstract God figure.

No I doubt that too, but because it's "God" and not "Jesus" or "Mohammud" it better stands the test of time and speaks for a larger group.

JustKate @ Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:03 pm

Akhenaten Akhenaten:
Guy_Fawkes Guy_Fawkes:
Akhenaten Akhenaten:
Just a thought: "God keep our land"...doesn't actually mean "Christian". Christians aren't the only ones with a God.

I doubt when the words were writen the author was refering to a abstract God figure.

No I doubt that too, but because it's "God" and not "Jesus" or "Mohammud" it better stands the test of time and speaks for a larger group.

I think you're full of it, at the time the Anthem was written most were Christian in this country. They didn't write it to be safe in the future. That's ludicrous to even think that. I'm 45 and everyone except a few went to church (Catholic/Protestant) when I was growing up every Sunday. I lived in Thunder Bay, Ont. Most kids saw each other at school and church then. At school we sang "O' Canada" every morning, sang "God save the Queen" and said the Lords Prayer "Our Father".

There is NO mistake, it is CLEAR that CANADA WAS A CHRISTIAN NATION! I think it still is by most behind the screen and that is why we are doing as well as we are today.

Akhenaten @ Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:17 pm

$1:
I think you're full of it, at the time the Anthem was written most were Christian in this country. They didn't write it to be safe in the future.

**Mod edit**. I just finished saying that I don't think that' why it was written, I think it's obvious that I meant it probably would've been taken off by now if it was 'Jesus' or 'Mohammud'.

Now return to your remedial reading courses.

What is it that you don't understand about this:

Guy: "I doubt when the words were writen the author was refering to a abstract God figure."
Akhenaten: "No I doubt that too..."

JustKate @ Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:21 pm

Akhenaten Akhenaten:
$1:
I think you're full of it, at the time the Anthem was written most were Christian in this country. They didn't write it to be safe in the future.

**Mod edit** I just finished saying that I don't think that' why it was written, I think it's obvious that I meant it probably would've been taken off by now if it was 'Jesus' or 'Mohammud'.

Now return to your remedial reading courses.

What is it that you don't understand about this:
Guy: "I doubt when the words were writen the author was refering to a abstract God figure."
Akhenaten: "No doubt it wasn't written with that in mind"

How can you talk to a person like that and live with yourself?

Akhenaten @ Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:22 pm

You just finished telling me I'm full of shit because you couldn't read properly and then went on to rant complete with caps and bold letters.

I live with myself jsut fine thanks Kate. Maybe you should look at your own behaviour.

Tricks @ Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:57 pm

Akhenaten Akhenaten:
You just finished telling me I'm full of shit because you couldn't read properly and then went on to rant complete with caps and bold letters.

I live with myself jsut fine thanks Kate. Maybe you should look at your own behaviour.

R=UP

Tricks @ Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:57 pm

JustKate JustKate:

I think you're full of it, at the time the Anthem was written most were Christian in this country. They didn't write it to be safe in the future. That's ludicrous to even think that. I'm 45 and everyone except a few went to church (Catholic/Protestant) when I was growing up every Sunday. I lived in Thunder Bay, Ont. Most kids saw each other at school and church then. At school we sang "O' Canada" every morning, sang "God save the Queen" and said the Lords Prayer "Our Father".

There is NO mistake, it is CLEAR that CANADA WAS A CHRISTIAN NATION! I think it still is by most behind the screen and that is why we are doing as well as we are today.

Thank god times have changed eh? Now there is this thing called critical thinking, and edumacation.

ShepherdsDog @ Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:22 pm

By Thor's hammmer MjĒ«llnir , I think you're onto something.

Brenda @ Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:33 pm

Proculation Proculation:
I think we should explicitly say that Canada is based on Christian values. But, we should also say that we have separation of state and religion. That way, we can exclude Islam which is incompatible with our values.

R=UP

ShepherdsDog @ Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:37 pm

Our society was founded on European-Christian values, but it has experienced a rapid evolution, over the past 30 years with the massive influx of people from non Christian and non European nations. We would well to remember, that it was those very same values that made Canada a place that others wanted to come to.

sandorski @ Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:37 pm

FSM will overlook this flaw. His Sauce covers all Sins!

gigs @ Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:48 pm

Interesting map, seems as though everyone in Alberta isn't a bible thumping Christian.

http://atlas.nrcan.gc.ca/site/english/m ... religion01

JustKate @ Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:00 pm

Our Canadian Star:

Who's he talking about?

COREY HART - Everything In My Heart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lPVnfklI1Q

I never see the light
Still I follow you
Couldn't imagine how
Or what I'm supposed to do
Ah maybe I've been crazy
Only thinking of you