Canada Kicks Ass
? Does Canada need to Green any of it's Rust ?

JoFerg @ Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:35 pm

They are fixxing things up in the State of Michigan to try and turn the corner on older/dirtier Industries, and Green things up - with a good dose of PR spin at the very least.

When I think of all the government incentives that get tossed around here in Canada, and all the derelict industrial space that continues to rust and waste...
I can't help but wonder if this sort of thing (below) could fly here as well?

Do you think Canadian taxpayers would support this sort of initiative, or would we expect abit more substance, R&D, and (hmmm) VISION behind such public generosity?

Anyhow...
I'm sure our Gov. could throw public money around at pie-in-the-sky projects with the best of them ;-)

SEE: http://envirogy.wordpress.com/2009/08/2 ... rust-belt/

Cheers
Jo [B-o]

Thanos @ Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:54 pm

Clean up costs for derelict industrial areas should be entirely covered by the companies that moved their operations out of Canada and laid off Canadian workers. There's your real white collar crime for you right there in that these corporate bastards who don't care about anything but themselves keep getting away with it.

Bruce_the_vii @ Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:32 pm

Well, thereÞ' been growth in jobs in Canada and government policy is the growth will shortly return and the problem will be labour shortages - hence robust immigration.

cecile @ Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:16 pm

yes :D

smorgdonkey @ Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:44 pm

I'd be happy if Canada would just 'green' some of its 'blue'!! HAHA!!