Canada Kicks Ass
I will be Premier of Ontario before I'm 50 years old.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Laconfir @ Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:30 am

figfarmer figfarmer:
Get a job at a gas station. What you said was you were in favour of abortions when the abortion threatens a woman's life. That would mean that you want women to die of abortions.

lol fig, it's safe to say that's a typo.

The Hoser @ Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:32 am

Laconfir Laconfir:
figfarmer figfarmer:
Get a job at a gas station. What you said was you were in favour of abortions when the abortion threatens a woman's life. That would mean that you want women to die of abortions.

lol fig, it's safe to say that's a typo.

Funny nontheless :lol:

BigBlueMachine @ Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:02 am

Stop it with the abortion thing.

DerbyX @ Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:41 am

$1:
I am in favour of tax cuts, but tax cuts for EVERYONE, not just the rich. The rich don't need tax breaks as much, because they are the ones who can comfortably afford paying their taxes. The ones who need tax breaks are the middle class and lower class families. It's the middle class who drive the economy, why not give them a break?

You shouldn't cut tax cuts all the time.

There was a honest study done in Canada (Readers Digest I believe) that showed that the more well of people in canada actually do pay a much higher share and shoulder a good portion of the burden. Blind comments like that will not get you elected.

In addition, your stance on gay-rights in abortion will almost certainly cost you ON & QC if not BC as well. Even with massive trouble for the Liberals, Harper couldn't defeat them for those reasons.

-Cutting taxes and paying off the debt.
-Stricter crime and drug laws.
-Pay equity for women (that's common sense).
-More money for education.
-Banning teachers from striking (They are a necessary service).

Cut Tax and payoff debt, and increase services. The sky is what colour in your world? Seriously, how do you propose to accomplish this?

BigBlueMachine @ Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:47 am

I said we don't need to cut taxes in every budget. In fact, sometimes, we need a tax INCREASE.

Zeipher @ Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:01 am

You don't sound much like a Tory now.

BigBlueMachine @ Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:07 am

Just a slight one, only in the extreme circumstance.

Laconfir @ Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:16 am

Your banning of strikes makes you sound facist. Your 27 now? I sure hope you have become apart of the PC Party by now.

BigBlueMachine @ Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:36 am

I'm 17 rather.

GunPlumber @ Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:57 am

BigBlueMachine BigBlueMachine:
My achievable dream/goal is to become Premier of Ontario before my 50th birthday (May 2, 2038). I believe that I would make a good premier because of my moderatency in being conservative.

My plan:
-During my 20s, I will be involved in the PC party, but I will have a job outside politics,maybe.
-In my 30s, I will run for the nomination, if I get that and if I win then I will become an M.P.P.
-Hopefully, I will become a cabinet minister after a few years.
-Then run for the leadership of the PC party.

I think I will describe my positions on issues.

-Aganist Abortion on demand, but if it threatens the woman's life then yes.
-For civil unions (keep marriage between man and woman).
-Pro gay rights (except right to marry, again marriage is between man and woman).
-I believe Ontario needs to take more steps in the environment (more windmills and solar panels).
-One single public health care tier with private involvement.
-Pro Free Trade.

What do you people think so far?

That your agenda sounds like it was aped from Ralph Klein's playbook. Unless you know of vast, undiscovered crude oil reserves in Ontario's northern hinterlands, you best start thinking about what is affordable, sustainable and worthwhile (thoughts with which King Ralph does not trouble himself,... much).

$1:
I get my inspiration to be a politican from reading so many books on politicans (Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, Henry Kissnger, Brian Mulroney, Joe Clark, John Crosbie, Bill Davis, Nelson Rockefeller, and Stephen Harper.

Are you friggin' kidding? Reagan, Kissinger and Rockefeller? Sounds like you'd be better suited for a lynching than political office.

$1:
Is it a bad thing that I get inspiration from reading about other people's lives?

Reading is a great thing,... when you learn to objectively evaluate the information presented. If you limit yourself to self-servingly positive portrayals by authors who are as beholden to hero worship as you, what are you? A slave to propaganda, maybe? Try reading something like "The Trial Of Henry Kissinger" by Christopher Hitchens if you think the three mentioned above are hero's.

BigBlueMachine @ Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:00 pm

GunPlumber GunPlumber:
My achievable dream/goal is to become Premier of Ontario before my 50th birthday (May 2, 2038). I believe that I would make a good premier because of my moderatency in being conservative.

My plan:
-During my 20s, I will be involved in the PC party, but I will have a job outside politics,maybe.
-In my 30s, I will run for the nomination, if I get that and if I win then I will become an M.P.P.
-Hopefully, I will become a cabinet minister after a few years.
-Then run for the leadership of the PC party.

I think I will describe my positions on issues.

-Aganist Abortion on demand, but if it threatens the woman's life then yes.
-For civil unions (keep marriage between man and woman).
-Pro gay rights (except right to marry, again marriage is between man and woman).
-I believe Ontario needs to take more steps in the environment (more windmills and solar panels).
-One single public health care tier with private involvement.
-Pro Free Trade.

What do you people think so far?

That your agenda sounds like it was aped from Ralph Klein's playbook. Unless you know of vast, undiscovered crude oil reserves in Ontario's northern hinterlands, you best start thinking about what is affordable, sustainable and worthwhile (thoughts with which King Ralph does not trouble himself,... much).

$1:
I get my inspiration to be a politican from reading so many books on politicans (Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, Henry Kissnger, Brian Mulroney, Joe Clark, John Crosbie, Bill Davis, Nelson Rockefeller, and Stephen Harper.

Are you friggin' kidding? Reagan, Kissinger and Rockefeller? Sounds like you'd be better suited for a lynching than political office.

$1:
Is it a bad thing that I get inspiration from reading about other people's lives?

Reading is a great thing,... when you learn to objectively evaluate the information presented. If you limit yourself to self-servingly positive portrayals by authors who are as beholden to hero worship as you, what are you? A slave to propaganda, maybe? Try reading something like "The Trial Of Henry Kissinger" by Christopher Hitchens if you think the three mentioned above are hero's.

I appreciate your support.

GunPlumber @ Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:12 pm

I appreciate your support.

Support??? Well, why didn't you say so.

Whatdya think boys, that branch should SUPPORT her weight, doncha think.

Here ma'am, why doncha try this noose on for size.

Blue_Nose @ Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:15 pm

GunPlumber GunPlumber:
Support??? Well, why didn't you say so.

Whatdya think boys, that branch should SUPPORT her weight, doncha think.

Here ma'am, why doncha try this noose on for size.

Well, that was mean...

Ripcat @ Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:06 pm

Vote for me! I promise tax cuts of up to 10%, but only after I've raised taxes 25%! :lol:

Don't let us get you down BBM. You will need to have some broad shoulders to carry the weight of running for public office. You have lots of time to research your opinions and solidify them into a coherent plan for election!

BigBlueMachine @ Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:40 pm

I hope I will have a platform that most people will like. The biggest task is winning the nomination in my riding. Everything after that is easy.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next