Canada Kicks Ass
Is the average CEO Worth 169 Average Canadians?

Previous  1  2

andyt @ Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:34 am

bootlegga bootlegga:

You're the one who talks about wealth re-distribution all the time...well, these days the NHL has it. The players take home about 46% of revenues and the owners get the rest.

I'd think you would look at it as a step in the right direction. Or do you actively want workers to control the means of production, comrade? :lol:

You espousing some sort of trickle down theory. First the high income earners share the pie, then eventually it will trickle down to people that really need it?

The NHL doesn't produce anything. No production to take over.

How ever we do it, we have to get back to the days when a working person putting in an honest day's effort was paid a living wage. We did it before, we can do it again. For the govt what I see is raising the minimum wage, shifting the tax burden back on the rich, and stopping with the freaking immigration so that demand for workers increases. That's not communism, just not neoconism either.

Dragom @ Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:35 am

One thing to remember, fair wages produce inflation. Redistributing wealth produces inflation.

andyt @ Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:36 am

Dragom Dragom:
One thing to remember, fair wages produce inflation. Redistributing wealth produces inflation.

Shit wages produce misery, crime and social problems. So does a more equal distribution of wealth.

Dragom @ Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:07 am

Our wages are fantastic. I make 4 times more then a University Graduate working in an office in China.

It's just that everything costs 4 times more here and thats the problem.

BartSimpson @ Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:28 am

CanadianJeff CanadianJeff:
Oprah gets paid more then the President of the united states.

Oprah is not a public employee living in subsidized housing. Her income is her business. Obama's income is everyone's business. Apples and oranges.

I'm sorry but this argument fails before it even begins. The people making the big bucks do so because they have connections or got the lucky card.

Name one CEO who was working as a rank and file employee and one day reported to work and BAM! got the 'lucky card' and was told he/she was now the CEO?

there are some for sure that have earned their way to the top of the chain but it's ignorant to paint them all with the same brush.

I agree. So stop doing that, eh? [B-o]

It's more accurate to say that the "average" paycheck is no longer really enough for people to get by sometimes and that's a total issue that deserves to be addressed.

Plenty of people do quite well for themselves on less-than-average paychecks and some have managed their affairs so well that with even modest incomes they've become millionaires. My father in law, a tradesman for all of his life, managed to amass near to five million dollars after diligently saving and investing his earnings starting way back in the 1950's. It's a matter of personal choice how you save or spend your money and asking other people to remedy your shortcomings is an abdication of responsibility, character, and, dare I say it, personal honor.

Previous  1  2