Canada Kicks Ass
Voting, it's your right AND duty

Previous  1  2  3  Next

norad @ Wed May 11, 2005 4:31 pm

$1:
if you don't vote you don't have any right to complain.

That is utter bullshit! If a person pays taxes, which pays the arseholes in Ottawa, then a person that doesn't vote, but pays taxes, does have the right to bitch!

If a person doesn't vote, it could very well be that the runners are not worth the shit on the bottom of one's shoes. Only 'sheeple' think that people don't have a right to bitch if they don't vote. BAAAAAA! :twisted:

1964-D-Peace @ Wed May 11, 2005 7:04 pm

norad norad:
$1:
if you don't vote you don't have any right to complain.

That is utter bullshit! If a person pays taxes, which pays the arseholes in Ottawa, then a person that doesn't vote, but pays taxes, does have the right to bitch!

If a person doesn't vote, it could very well be that the runners are not worth the shit on the bottom of one's shoes. Only 'sheeple' think that people don't have a right to bitch if they don't vote. BAAAAAA! :twisted:

Well money does seem to make the world go 'round, so that's actually a very good point. Without extracting money from the proletariat masses, leviathon governments and corporations slow to a crawl or collapse outright.

Course there still needs to be a way to influence how your tax dollars are spent, since giving money away without requesting services in exchange is essentially just GIVING MONEY AWAY. For most people, voting is the solution. Others prefer to wait after the fact and call/write/protest/lobby the incumbents to death. Still others might prefer the golden-oldie methods of bribery, persuasion, coercion and subterfuge. And then of course there's the last-resort universal threat of revolutionary action.

Oh, the choices one can make when life, liberty and hard-earned cash is at stake.... ^___^'

Bullet @ Mon May 16, 2005 11:51 am

QBCguy QBCguy:
Plus the fact, if you don't vote, you have no right to bitch......... [bash]

That's exactly what i'm telling people ALL THE TIME !!!

Random person : yadi yadi yada damn government
me : what are you complainin about you didn't vote you dumb fuck !

jadeofthenorth @ Mon May 16, 2005 11:54 am

Maybe we should do like Austraila and make voting mandatory.

Bullet @ Mon May 16, 2005 12:04 pm

jadeofthenorth jadeofthenorth:

Mandatory voting just results into people voting randomly

jadeofthenorth @ Mon May 16, 2005 2:25 pm

Bullet Bullet:
jadeofthenorth jadeofthenorth:

Mandatory voting just results into people voting randomly

Maybe. Going by what the parties are doing right now, I might put my ballot up on the wall, dip a dart in ink and let that be my decider. Voting randomly is better than not voting at all.

QuebecSpock @ Mon May 16, 2005 7:23 pm

To not vote, by choice, is actually a vote, since you decide to divide your vote between all candidates.

To not vote by idleness is a crime... and it kills kittens!

Ginwithtonic @ Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:45 am

I believe what some people in canada take for granted is their vote. Voting is one of the most powerful things we do to inform government. The system isn't perfect but not voting is throwing your voice away. Sometimes it is like voting for the "lesser of two evils" but if you feel that you are being missrepresented then get involved. You can not be the only one that feels this way.

Like previous posters have said " you would fight for your right to vote if it was taken away". Voting is a previlage and a right don't take it for granted.

WLDB @ Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:20 am

I thought a lot about mandatory voting since the low voter turn out in the last election. I guess in the end its a bad idea. If everyone was forced to vote they will just vote randomly. Too much of the population dosnt know whats going on, or worse dosnt care. I am 17, and plan on voting when I reach 18. A lot of people find me odd. Most kids look forward to being able to drive, drink (hopefullynot at the same time...) and I look forward to voting.

Bigboy @ Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:25 am

I vote, but wouldnt want mandatory voting, really wouldnt want it provincially because alot of people might vote for joke partys like Sex or Pot party :lol:

think that happens in Australia

2Cdo @ Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:48 am

Exactly Norad, if I don't have faith in any party should I just vote for "the one I mistrust the least"? As a taxpayer who hasn't voted in some time I have EVERY right to bitch when our government wastes my money and forces stupid legislation to be passed. To say I have no right to bitch is utter nonsense.

People who also wish to have forced voting risk government that will try to remove all rights in the future!

Knightman @ Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:56 am

We do not have in place the basic edcuation for our population to make informed decisions. It is only those that decide for themselves to have an intrest in things political that actually run for governments and show up at the voting stations.

If we had in place in our edcuation system from the grade school level content that pointed out the importance of "Civic Duty" and the need for all of us to participate in the governments of our country. not the details of political platforms and parties but the overall concept of responsibility it would instill a greater intrest.

One almost gets the feeling that our governments and politicians like our apathy. That is the main thing that has to change as well as putting in place a system for continious feedback of public opinion other than the selfserving polls that are now conducted...............

WLDB @ Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:20 pm

Knightman Knightman:
We do not have in place the basic edcuation for our population to make informed decisions. It is only those that decide for themselves to have an intrest in things political that actually run for governments and show up at the voting stations.

If we had in place in our edcuation system from the grade school level content that pointed out the importance of "Civic Duty" and the need for all of us to participate in the governments of our country. not the details of political platforms and parties but the overall concept of responsibility it would instill a greater intrest.

One almost gets the feeling that our governments and politicians like our apathy. That is the main thing that has to change as well as putting in place a system for continious feedback of public opinion other than the selfserving polls that are now conducted...............

Civics is a required course in Ontario for high school. So they learn there and decide wether or not they give a damn.

Lord-Beaverbrook @ Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:25 pm

IceOwl IceOwl:
Arctic_Menace Arctic_Menace:
Vote people!!!!! Every time someone decides not to vote, God and Vin Diesel kill a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

And then they let Vin Diesel act in another movie. Please vote to prevent the making of more movies with Vin Diesel.

I disagree! He played a well acted role in Saving private ryan. He got shot. As for the vote all who are old enough should be forced to vote.We can't let the conervatives win! Call to arms! That and I hate adults who bitch about the government but don't vote. They suck.

WLDB @ Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:27 pm

Out of spite they may vote for the conservatives if you force them to vote.

Previous  1  2  3  Next