Canada Kicks Ass
British lions come up lambs in Woolwich - Mark Steyn

Previous  1 ... 4  5  6  7  8

2Cdo @ Mon May 27, 2013 9:44 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
2Cdo 2Cdo:

I actually don't mind bias in the media, you can't help it with humans doing the reporting and such. What I don't like is when biased sources claim they are unbiased.

Exactly. And all sources are biased. It's human nature. Another thing about human nature is that we are a lot better at spotting bias in others than we are at spotting it ourselves. One of the good and frustrating things about this site is people are constantly pointing out my own biases to me. :lol:

[B-o]

Thanos @ Mon May 27, 2013 9:52 am

All sources are biased. Whether or not that affects their coverage and reporting is what important to debate. Certainly a FOX, the SUN, or Toronto Star are so biased that they can't be trusted at all. It's debatable though that the national CBC desk, on the Rob Ford story as an example, is too biased. Maybe CBC Toronto is but I haven't seen much evidence to indicate that the national desk is out to get him the way the Toronto Star certainly is. Same with the Globe & Mail, as they and the CBC really only followed up on the story broken open by Gawker

Zipperfish @ Mon May 27, 2013 9:53 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Of course, I've considered it, and have you considered the reason you're such a defender of the obvious, excessive, prog influence of the mainstream is your own partisan bias?

Sidebar: I'm less a supporter of Fox than I was at one time. I've been noticing a steady slipping Progward since the Sheik bought in.

I prefer an econommic model for the media. "News" is filler material in order to move ads. If the filler material is good enough people will read the ads. That's the media right there. A highly competitive enterprise with slim margins.

Further to that line of thought, I do not see the world in the progressive/conservative dichotomy that you see. I prefer to view it as struggles of powers and interests. In my opinion, you've bought into a "Horatius at the Bridge" myth.

andyt @ Mon May 27, 2013 9:54 am

Well that Globe and Mail piece about Doug Ford and the whole Ford clan being involved in drug dealing in the 80's certainly wasn't following. Nor the bit they just came out with about the murder link to the video.

N_Fiddledog @ Mon May 27, 2013 10:01 am

andyt andyt:
OMG, Fox is too liberal. Holy Shit.

Except that isn't what I said. is it? More specifically what I suggest is since the new leadership influence of Fox from the Middle East there is a noticeable inching towards what Progs would call a more "Progressive" mindset.

BTW I don't think Prog means Lib. What is mistakingly called Progressive is not necessarily Liberal, although Progs are in the process of hijacking and misinforming Liberal ideology.

And hey Zip, thanks for the reference. You're the first guy I've met who's even heard of my favorite poem. Oh, and I don't think you're a full-blown Prog yet. Turn back though. Return to the light. There's still hope for you.

Zipperfish @ Mon May 27, 2013 10:08 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
And hey Zip, thanks for the reference. You're the first guy I've met who's even heard of my favorite poem. Oh, and I don't think you're a full-blown Prog yet. Turn back though. Return to the light. There's still hope for you.

:lol:

andyt @ Mon May 27, 2013 10:13 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
andyt andyt:
OMG, Fox is too liberal. Holy Shit.

Except that isn't what I said. is it? More specifically what I suggest is since the new leadership influence of Fox from the Middle East there is a noticeable inching towards what Progs would call a more "Progressive" mindset.

BTW I don't think Prog means Lib. What is mistakingly called Progressive is not necessarily Liberal, although Progs are in the process of hijacking and misinforming Liberal ideology.

You're confusing Liberal and liberal. The latter is a term used by Fox - you should know that.

N_Fiddledog @ Mon May 27, 2013 11:33 am

No I'm not, but you are attempting to confuse us by trying to make us assume you speak for any kind of Liberal, small or capital letter. I know you're not, because I kind of enjoy discussions or even debates with actual Liberals. Prog, right?

martin14 @ Mon May 27, 2013 11:36 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
No I'm not, but you are attempting to confuse us by trying to make us assume you speak for any kind of Liberal, small or capital letter. I know you're not, because I kind of enjoy discussions with actual Liberals. Prog, right?

Communist would be better. :lol:

andyt @ Mon May 27, 2013 11:40 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
No I'm not, but you are attempting to confuse us by trying to make us assume you speak for any kind of Liberal, small or capital letter. I know you're not, because I kind of enjoy discussions or even debates with actual Liberals. Prog, right?

You're really confused.

N_Fiddledog @ Mon May 27, 2013 11:46 am

martin14 martin14:
N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
No I'm not, but you are attempting to confuse us by trying to make us assume you speak for any kind of Liberal, small or capital letter. I know you're not, because I kind of enjoy discussions with actual Liberals. Prog, right?

Communist would be better. :lol:

The 'Progress' implied in Prog actually often means movement in that direction. It's an Orwell thing. Freedom is slavery and such.

bambu @ Mon May 27, 2013 1:14 pm

andyt andyt:
Somewhere between the raving on this form and what Steyn is describing lies sanity. Summary execution won't stop these attacks. Expelling all Muslims, the way Shep wants to do, probably not a good idea.

No Muslims, no more of the problems.
No Muslims in Britain, the soldier would not have been slaughtered in the street.
But expelling all Muslims simply won't happen.

Stopping all Muslim immigration is possible and should be made happen.

ShepherdsDog @ Mon May 27, 2013 1:50 pm

Not all.....there are plenty who are willing to live and let live, many in fact lead very secular lives and are labelled apostate by the the jihadis for their tolerance. IThose that openly call for Islamic institutions and laws being enforced in Britain need to be removed..... those who are offended by British culture and traditions, need to be removed

Previous  1 ... 4  5  6  7  8