Canada Kicks Ass
Is China on the verge of collapse?

Previous  1  2  3  Next

DrCaleb @ Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:02 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
When it hits $100 deposit it to your savings account.

Where it will be eaten by account fees and disappear.

llama66 @ Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:03 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
llama66 llama66:
That's my problem... I spend like a sailor on shore leave.

And since you seem to think opportunities are given and not taken I am today, officially, gifting you the opportunity to start saving money by reducing an expenditure. :mrgreen:

Pick something small to start.

Skip the cup of coffee and put $3 away in a jar.

Then maybe skip the chips at the store and put the $4 in the same jar.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

When you have $1000 in savings go on a spending spree and buy yourself shares in some high performing large cap funds. Then watch as smart people invest your money and make you richer.

After a while it becomes an addiction and you start to want to see your assets hit the $100,000 mark.

It can happen but you have to make it happen. :wink:

I don't think anything is given. Nothing worth having, anyway. I merely made an observation. But I shall accept your gift.

llama66 @ Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:04 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Yeah, I love how I get to pay the banks for storing and them lending my money to others. #defundthebanks

DrCaleb @ Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:07 am

llama66 llama66:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Yeah, I love how I get to pay the banks for storing and them lending my money to others. #defundthebanks

I left $500 in an account once for a few years. It disappeared, and they closed my account for lack of funds. :evil:

Freakinoldguy @ Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:23 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Credit to FOG for this video which tends to reinforce the bit about poor engineering and shoddy construction in China.

Actually I posted it because I didn't realise that Wuhan was down river from the 3 Gorges debacle and when I read that I wondered if the regime was going to cleanse the place by using high pressure water from the dam which is travelling at 25 times faster than normal flood water.

Well that and the Chinese virologist who's gonna blow the whistle on the regimes less than ethical and honest reporting of Covid 19.

But here's another one that's even more disconcerting. If all the high mucky mucks are gone into hiding is it a prelude to war or, is it that they don't want to be associated with any of the natural and unnatural disasters that are befalling the rank and file citizens of their country?

BartSimpson @ Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:34 pm

I've been getting videos from Joshua Phillips in my YT feed since about last week. Who the fuck is he?

Freakinoldguy @ Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:42 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I've been getting videos from Joshua Phillips in my YT feed since about last week. Who the fuck is he?

I'm not positive but I think he's an expat who lived in China proper and is now running a youtube channel for the anti communist Falun Gong's Epoch Times, doling out the news that get's leaked out to him from inside China.

So given the Falun Gong's understandable hatred of the Chinese regime it might be good to remember that these stories, while likely true may be embellished to discredit the Red Chinese gov't. I was going to say some would call it "yellow journalism" but to do so would have been racist. :lol:

BartSimpson @ Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:45 pm

Ah, okay. I sometimes look at Falun Gong's "Epoch Times" videos for news about China that no one else is reporting.

PluggyRug @ Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:45 pm

What could go wrong.....

https://nationalpost.com/news/chinese-g ... 338a25c04/

bootlegga @ Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:01 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I left $500 in an account once for a few years. It disappeared, and they closed my account for lack of funds. :evil:

I hate banks as much as the next guy, but if you're paying fees like that, then you picked the wrong type of account.

My savings account has zero monthly fees, unless I make more than two withdrawals per month, while my chequing account charges $3.95/month if I have less than $2000 in it. If I keep $2000 in it, I don't pay any fees unless I have more than 20 transactions.

I never use debit and use dividend credit cards everywhere (I have one each of AMEX, MC and VISA card) and pay off the balance every month. Last year I earned almost $1200 in cash back just by paying my utility/phone bills, buying groceries and gas, and eating out, while paying ZERO dollars in interest to any financial institution, although I did pay that $3.95 a couple times when my balance dropped below $2000.

DrCaleb @ Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:51 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I hate banks as much as the next guy, but if you're paying fees like that, then you picked the wrong type of account.

It was a long time ago, so I have no idea what kind of account beyond 'savings' it was, or if they decided to change terms on me mid-stream.

Whenever I get elected Treasurer for the Legion, I put stuff in GICs or limited term bonds. They don't earn much interest, but they can be cashed anytime and the bank can't suck the account dry with fees.

Sunnyways @ Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:11 am

Although it will suffer setbacks along the way, China is on track to dominate the world. Consider the Chinese people you’ve met, scale that number up to 1.3 billion, and the conclusion is hard to avoid. Our only hope is that the country matures and becomes more respectful of human rights at home and abroad.

BartSimpson @ Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:47 pm

Unconfirmed reports that the Three Gorges Dam is bowing at the center. It might actually fail.

Scape @ Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:48 pm

Wow, BBC shows how it is done.

Scape @ Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:27 pm

Three gorges predicted to collapse.

Previous  1  2  3  Next