Canada Kicks Ass
Anti-Semitism in Toronto

1  2  3  Next

karra @ Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:50 pm

In a metropolis plagued with gunfire and dead bodies on a daily basis, with unregistered firearms pouring in from south of the border, comes the news that hate crime has struck again.

Over the weekend Jewish cemeteries and homes were subjected to destruction and spray painting. The difference this time is kids are not suspect, but rather those with sympathy to Arab and Palestinian causes.

Pathos @ Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:34 pm

guy by the name of Reza Safaei arrested.sounds Australian.

AdamNF @ Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:35 pm

Yeah i saw this on the news last night. Do they think its an organized group? or just a bunch of people who got decided to fuck around.

Rosco @ Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:20 pm

karra karra:
In a metropolis plagued with gunfire and dead bodies on a daily basis, with unregistered firearms pouring in from south of the border, comes the news that hate crime has struck again.

Over the weekend Jewish cemeteries and homes were subjected to destruction and spray painting. The difference this time is kids are not suspect, but rather those with sympathy to Arab and Palestinian causes.

Could you make that first paragraph a bit more melodramatic Karra? Thanks! :roll: :P

Anyways I work with a lot of transplanted Toronto Muslims and if they're any indication then many in that town have a serious problem as far as antisemitism and sympathy for Islamic "radical" movements go.

figfarmer @ Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:41 pm

Even though I am very anti Israeli I think we need to deal harshly with criminals who bring conflict into our country. If they want to fight the beggars let them go to Israel and do it.

AdamNF @ Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:09 pm

How can you be anti-Isreal?

I am totaly pro Isreal and agree with most of what they do. There fighting terrorism at its core.

xerxes @ Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:22 pm

The atni-semitism is probably coming from a couple of shitheads who don't know any better.

Anti-Semitism has been around since Christ's death some 2 millenia ago. For some reason its been a rather persistant thing. It didn't help that the Catholic Church believed that Jews were guilty of deicide and didn't recant that dogma until 1962.

As the Israel question, I don't think either side is in the right on this one. The Israelis have some truly horrid things to the Palestinians and the Palestinians have done some villanous things to Israelis. Nothing will be able to stop the violence going on in the "Holy Land". Especially not when Israel keeps picking off cripples like the head of Hamas last night. While I agree that Israel has a right to exist and defend itself, it most certainly is a little too proactive in dealing with its external threats.

figfarmer @ Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:44 pm

Israel was created and is maintained by terrorism. What they are doing to the Palestinians is worse than anything Hitler ever thought of doing to them, but they have Amerika on their side.

AdamNF @ Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:53 pm

Israel is the only nation I know of that does not refute that it engages in assassinations. They do it all the time and they do it for the right reasons. Israel is the only country in the world (not counting Iraq at this point in history) where you have to be worried 24/7 about terrorism, about if the restaurant youÂ’re eating in is going to blow up. The Israeli government knows who is doing this, they know its Hamas and they have the right to fight back, the right to protect there citizens. The Israeli army is at war 24/7 and has been for 50 years. The citizens of Israel have been under siege for 50 years. So IÂ’m going to have to agree with Israel on this one.

polemarch1 @ Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:57 am

Funny how no one seems to mention that the Palestinians have rejected every peace deal offered instead choosing war and terrorism.

othello @ Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:55 am

There is plenty of blame to go around. Neither side is blameless, nor is the rest of the world. Both the Israelis and the Palestinians have acted to escalate the tension and foment further violence. It's simplistic and wrong to point the finger at only one of the two sides.

Rosco @ Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:11 am

The Palestinians are the most deeply irrational, violent, nihilistic and treacherous group in a culture that's known for those things, you can't deal with them like you would virtually any other culture.IMO the U.S. and rest of the world only encourages and facilitates terrorist acts by forcing Israel to negotiate with those who's main goals in life run counter to peace and coexistance.

Pathos @ Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:41 pm

only cause it cant be argued,

[quote]Funny how no one seems to mention that the Palestinians have rejected every peace deal offered instead choosing war and terrorism.[quote]

othello @ Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:54 pm

Rosco Rosco:
The Palestinians are the most deeply irrational, violent, nihilistic and treacherous group in a culture that's known for those things, you can't deal with them like you would virtually any other culture.IMO the U.S. and rest of the world only encourages and facilitates terrorist acts by forcing Israel to negotiate with those who's main goals in life run counter to peace and coexistance.

If we don't encourage negotiation, what other end do you see to this situation? That Israel kills all the Palestinians? That Israel builds the wall and hope its over (which it certainly wouldn't be)?

The best way to end the terrorism is to marginalize the terrorists. In the Palestinian situation, that would be done by providing the Palestinians with a way for them to gain self respect. The country of Palestine should exist. It should be a democratic state, with appropriate responsive government. It should work with Israel to better the lot of all people living in the region.

Unfortunately, I completely agree with those who say that, with Arafat leading the Palestinians, this will never happen. I also don't think Ariel Sharon is the right man for the job from the Israeli side.

Rosco @ Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:13 am

This is not the usual case.

The PLO, Hamas etc aren't just an ugly and militant outgrowth of Palestinian society, they are Palestinian society. I don't think you realize just how alien the way of thinking is over there, the way they see it is life is just a hardship to be endured until you prove yourself worthy of Paradise, the best and fastest way of doing this is to die while fighting the Infidel.

Western concepts of democracy and statehood don't apply when your culture is stagnated in the 12th century and declining rapidly.

1  2  3  Next