Canada Kicks Ass
Buck, you like hockey?

whelan costen @ Mon May 03, 2004 11:32 pm

I don't know about Buck, but I sure do like the Calgary Flames especially tonight! Rah Rah go flames go!!!!! :lol:

KevinGagnon @ Tue May 04, 2004 5:49 am

<p>I agree. I think almost all Canadian hockey fans are cheering on the Calgary Flames. I think some Canadians have maybe come to their senses like myself and gave up on the Toronto Maple Leafs. <p>I'm sorry but I really have no hope for the leafs. I can see them winning the next game. But when they go back to Philly, their done. History will repeat itself and they will be beat by Philly in game 7. They lost their chance when they should have won the last game in Philly and then they would have had a chance to knock them out at home in Toronto. <p>Go FLAMES Go!<br>

Dr Caleb @ Tue May 04, 2004 7:21 am

Edmonton didn't make it this year, so I'm cheering for ABC. Anybody But Calgary. Until they are the last Canadian team left, then I'll cheer for them. :lol: <p>

KevinGagnon @ Tue May 04, 2004 8:32 am

I understand Doc. Just like I will never cheer for Montreal. My two teams are Toronto and Boston. Montreal is their biggest rivalry. So I'm like you, accept I would not cheer for Montreal unless they were the last Canadian team left.

Since I have to be realistic and accept Toronto will not beat Philly. I decided to cheer for the hot Canadian team Calgary Flames. Just think. Calgary just beat a team that has a 70 million dolloar pay roll. While Calgary has like a 24 million dollar pay roll. 4 players on the Detroit Red Wings equal the entire Calgary roster.

An important business aspect of the Calgary Flames is the fact that the team makes aprox 1.5 Million per playoff game. For a team that could have been another lost Canadian hockey team like Quebec and Winnipeg, these playoff games are important to the Calgary organization.

When an underdog wins like this, its a real blow to the high paying teams. Like last year, high pay roll teams not making it for the cup. Makes them realize that its all about team work, not few high paying players. New York Rangers is a perfect example. Their the highest pay roll team, yet they didn't even make the playoffs.

Kevin

Dr Caleb @ Wed May 05, 2004 7:01 am

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Calgary has a chance. Montreal is gone, Toronto is gone. All that is left is Calgary.<p> The last time they got this far, they won The Cup. Completely different team (wasn't it great to see Lanny win a cup!) but they are stoked nonetheless!<p>