Canada Kicks Ass
Changing O Canada: Is God next?

Previous  1  2  3

2Cdo @ Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:28 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
2Cdo 2Cdo:
Lemmy Lemmy:
You know who I'm speaking of none of them have brains enough to hold an ideology. They're just angry idiots.

That's no way to talk about yourself. :lol:

I knew it'd go over most of your heads, but I hoped at least one of you'd get it.

The ONLY angry one on this thread is you. :lol:

Lemmy @ Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:30 pm

Nope. Never. But you talking about me instead of the topic proves my point...as if I needed to prove it for the 1,000th time.

herbie @ Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:55 pm

Wanna know a lefty thing that's pissing me off? Lady moved into the horseshoe I live on, she's a teacher, and NDP, a greenie, etc. See her posts on Facebook all the time.
This is an old fashioned family neighborhood, everyone has at least one dog or cat, kids all over the streets on bikes playing with them, people walking them, etc.

Every single post she makes that's not a lefty cause is whining about dogs shitting on her lawn and how she's gonna raise shit at city hall....
She's pissed at me cuz I told her fences work both ways, build one and it will keep the dogs out. The usual Why should I have to... they're all bad pet owners reply...
BECAUSE it's easier for you to build a fence than to change the habits of 35 other people, you dumb c***
That's butt stubbornness from the other side.

herbie @ Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:03 pm

As for a genuine opinion on our national anthem:
ADMIT IT
The lyrics are 19th century and musically it's a funeral dirge for the tone-deaf.

2Cdo @ Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:22 am

I always find it amusing that it's always the same type of people that want to change everything that has any ties to our past.

raydan @ Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:43 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
I always find it amusing that it's always the same type of people that want to change everything that has any ties to our past.

Because if we never changed anything with ties to our past, we'd still be living in caves slinging shit for giggles and dragging our women around by the hair. :lol:

2Cdo @ Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:57 am

raydan raydan:
2Cdo 2Cdo:

Because if we never changed anything with ties to our past, we'd still be living in caves slinging shit for giggles and dragging our women around by the hair. :lol:

That's what they seem to think, but change isn't always for the better and this change is not needed.

raydan @ Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:10 am

We think that way because we're old... if you ask our great-grandkids in 50 years what they think of the change, they'll say, "what change?". :?

BeaverFever @ Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:45 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:

I always find it amusing that it's always the same type of people that are deathly afraid of any type of change and think they're going to be the first humans in the history of all mankind to actually stop the world from changing.

Besides it's only been the anthem since 1980, so while I know you're eager to preserve ties to the past's Pierre Trudeau government, you should probably just accept change.

Conservatives were historically opposed to Canada having its own national anthem and flag in the first place so while it's great to see your opinions slowly catch up with the rest of society a few decades after the fact, it would be appreciated if you laggards in the rear could pick up the pace a little.

OnTheIce @ Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:02 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:

I think we need to change it and use it far less often.

We don't need the anthem before every sporting event.

Tyler_1 @ Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:57 am

Just a suggestion for a new one. :D

andyt @ Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:14 am

Did not realize the bill had passed 3rd reading and will be law by Wednesday. Now, which MP is brave enough to step up and forward a motion to get God out of the anthem? Time we stopped using His name in vain.

2Cdo @ Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:52 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
2Cdo 2Cdo:

I always find it amusing that it's always the same type of people that are deathly afraid of any type of change and think they're going to be the first humans in the history of all mankind to actually stop the world from changing.

Besides it's only been the anthem since 1980, so while I know you're eager to preserve ties to the past's Pierre Trudeau government, you should probably just accept change.

Conservatives were historically opposed to Canada having its own national anthem and flag in the first place so while it's great to see your opinions slowly catch up with the rest of society a few decades after the fact, it would be appreciated if you laggards in the rear could pick up the pace a little.

Now where did I ever state that any change was bad?

Lemmy @ Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:02 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:

The Yanks are up to two anthems at baseball games. Thanks hijackers.

2Cdo @ Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:14 am

Lemmy Lemmy:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:

The Yanks are up to two anthems at baseball games. Thanks hijackers.

That's probably the most exciting part of a baseball game. :lol:

That, and the seventh inning stretch, where the few that managed not to fall asleep wake up everyone else that did. :lol:

Previous  1  2  3