Canada Kicks Ass
How is your weather today????

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 502  Next

canadian1971 @ Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:44 am

No I am most certainly not missing the Newfie weather...I'll live with the minus 30 if I only got to shovel 4-6 inches of snow a week. Not that cold back home but the snow fall is much much much heaviier. I've seen winters in Calgary where hey didnt get as much snow as Ive seen fall in 1 day back home.

ziggy @ Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:52 am

canadian1971 canadian1971:
No I am most certainly not missing the Newfie weather...I'll live with the minus 30 if I only got to shovel 4-6 inches of snow a week. Not that cold back home but the snow fall is much much much heaviier. I've seen winters in Calgary where hey didnt get as much snow as Ive seen fall in 1 day back home.

Thats because it all dumps in the mountains west of you first. Suns out now,think were done with the snow part.

Ripcat @ Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:58 am

It's noon here, mostly sunny and +15 Celsius. :twisted:

Last night at 2am it was a scorching +9 Celsius..... :lol:

To the rest of my Southern Ontario neighbours, drop by for a beer after you have mowed your lawn!!!!!

canadian1971 @ Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:07 am

Well god bless those friggin mountains. I have seen cars in our driveway back home....correction....I have NOT seen cars that I knew were in our driveway back home cause the fucking things are buried under the snow. Thats really depressing when you gotta shovel that shit eh.

I can also remember riding my skidoo,parking it in the backyard around 6 pm, going to jump back on it around 10 and all I could see were the handlebars sticking outta the snow.

I'll take the cold any day over that thank you very much.

ziggy @ Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:20 am

Well it's still minus 31 but the wind has shifted and is blowing from the west and that means warmer temps. It also means that 3 feet of snow will start blowing when the chinook like winds return.Thats when they usually wind up closeing the roads here because of zero visibility. Pretty impressed with my chev duramax,it started without being plugged in even if it did sound like a d9 cat firing up.

So enjoy the storm my eastern buddies! :lol: Were done with it here in the west now. :wink:

stratos @ Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:23 am

Heard ealier that there is some ice and possible snow heading for the Dallas area in a day or so... Just moved from that area. Looks like I got out just in time. :lol:

ziggy @ Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:29 am

stratos stratos:
Heard ealier that there is some ice and possible snow heading for the Dallas area in a day or so... Just moved from that area. Looks like I got out just in time. :lol:
Think the storm heads south then back north into Canada. I know anything below the jet stream is usually nice.Normally its right north of me,right now it's waaaaaay down south. I feel sorry for the folks with no wood heat here,their furnaces are running steady. We still give free coal to the old timers that have the old coal heaters.

stratos @ Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:45 am

ziggy ziggy:
stratos stratos:
Think the storm heads south then back north into Canada. I know anything below the jet stream is usually nice.Normally its right north of me,right now it's waaaaaay down south. I feel sorry for the folks with no wood heat here,their furnaces are running steady. We still give free coal to the old timers that have the old coal heaters.

Wow thats cool never heard of that here in the US. Not even sure if there are any more coal burning heaters here in the US. Probely in some places like West Virginia but over all its all elec. few oil burners any more. Space heaters and such are still popular. Down south here you have a fireplace but thats about it. Elec. heat only for me. I do miss haveing a fire place like I had in Ohio.

ziggy @ Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:05 am

stratos stratos:
ziggy ziggy:
stratos stratos:

Wow thats cool never heard of that here in the US. Not even sure if there are any more coal burning heaters here in the US. Probely in some places like West Virginia but over all its all elec. few oil burners any more. Space heaters and such are still popular. Down south here you have a fireplace but thats about it. Elec. heat only for me. I do miss haveing a fire place like I had in Ohio.

This is all coal country so lots of older underground miners that still have the old stoves.Here and just over the border in BC where the 5 existing mines are you can drive right to the loadout and fill your truck for free.Kind of like giving back to the people that started the industry in the first place.The old guys know to take the dirty coal,the younger guys allways grab the nice black shiny stuff and wind up melting their stove's. :lol:

Natural gas isnt cheap here so lots of alternate fuels are used. Last year when we had an ice storm and lost power for 7 days the guys with the wood and coal stoves were laughing.

They had heat and a way to cook meals. No power means no bank machines,no gas,no internet,no nothing,even i was stranded for 4 days untill i siphoned enough gas from my toys to get the car to a city that had power. That was allmost a hundred miles away. :?

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:18 am

[web]http://www.cwb.gov.tw/V5e/index.htm[/web]

Kaohsiung City

ziggy @ Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:54 am

That webpage wants me to install a few language packs. Like about 30. :lol: click click click on the x.

EDIT-I exagerated,9 language packs.Maybe I should just bite the bullet.

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:05 am

Is it appearing in chicken scratches? It always opens in english for me. :?

ziggy @ Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:11 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Is it appearing in chicken scratches? It always opens in english for me. :?
No it works,I just get the MSoft dialoge box asking me to install a language pack and you have to click cancel a dozen times to get rid of the box.

Or I could just click ok and be done with it eh? :lol:

ziggy @ Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:15 am

For all you 4 wheelers out there. Watch it full screen and crank the speakers. Probably what the trans Canada through Saskatchewan looks like right about now. :lol: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKcSLOAJAZs[/youtube]

SprCForr @ Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:36 am

-27c with a windchill dropping it to -43c, schools won't declare a snow day until -45. The radio is calling for tomorrw to be a balmy -6c but with a wind.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 502  Next