Canada Kicks Ass
How is your weather today????

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 ... 502  Next

BluesBud @ Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:16 pm

Way off topic. lol. I mostly work for a company that does festival and event work. I also consult for fests & event operators. PM me if you want more info.

DMP08 @ Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:38 pm

Today is better than it has been here. It feels so nice at -6 C. But just a few days ago, dropped to a low of -24 C. Quite cold for our area of the interior of BC. The okanagan is supposed to be mild!

Scrappy @ Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:18 pm

Wet, damp and windy but it beats snowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Pimpbrewski @ Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:04 pm

What is going on with the weather?

It's raining here in Quebec. The little amount of snow we had is melting already.

While in the BC coast, there are some fierce winds all the way to Alberta.

Streaker @ Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:15 pm

Early this afternoon there was a bit of a tempest, but otherwise it was a gentle lamb.

High today of +9 degrees.

ziggy @ Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:27 pm

lily lily:
Last night the school board shut down all the schools, but sadly (for the kids) the weather settled enough to re-open them. My son's basketball hoop blew over though - ripped the bolts right out of the base.

Went shopping today and it took an hour to get out of the parking lot and another hour to make the trip home that normally takes 15 minutes.
What a bunch of wussies. :roll: I still remember walking backwards in a raging blizzard uphill to get to school. :wink:

Banff @ Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:15 pm

ziggy ziggy:
lily lily:
Last night the school board shut down all the schools, but sadly (for the kids) the weather settled enough to re-open them. My son's basketball hoop blew over though - ripped the bolts right out of the base.

Went shopping today and it took an hour to get out of the parking lot and another hour to make the trip home that normally takes 15 minutes.
What a bunch of wussies. :roll: I still remember walking backwards in a raging blizzard uphill to get to school. :wink:

...in just underwear and no gloves or toque ...right ?

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:44 pm

Banff Banff:
ziggy ziggy:
lily lily:

He's just talking about some show he saw on Discovery. Cool spell here right now. It's supposed to go down to 13 C tonight because of a cold front from Mongolia. Currently 18 C in the shade.

Clogeroo @ Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:03 pm

Yay my power just came back on. It has been off since 1am.

ziggy @ Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:22 am

Banff Banff:
ziggy ziggy:
lily lily:

Right,5 miles uphill both ways,I use to laugh when told that by adults but now I use it every chance I get,kids are such woosies these days. In my day when we had a good snow it was off to the big hill with a huge chunk of cardboard......now it's in front of the tv and the x-box for kids. That's why im not worried about global warming,todays generation seems happy to stay indoors and sit in front of the pc. Every minute I had spare as a kid was spent outdoors either on the bicycle untill dark or off on the mountanside exploring and shooting with my 177 cal pellet gun that every kid had. When I was 14 I got my first bike,a 90cc suzuki street bike that was common from ww2 and every kid had or wanted,lift the front fender so it looked like a dirt bike and off we went up the kananaski's road for days at a time.Lots of times we would see one of our parents roll into our camp with the company 4 wheeler at 2 am to come get us as we rarely asked permission to go on these excursions.Most of our parents were divorced and our moms were working which was totally unheard of back then.We guys took advantage of that(of course)and milked it for all it was worth.
Working moms were easy to manipulate(thanks dad!)learned that early on. :o

Enough rant,it's late,the winds stopped gusting to 120 kph,it's about 0 celsius,tractor trailers arent blowing over on 22 anymore....and the 6 inch's of snow we have is making everything nice and quiet,can barely hear the trains.

Your a stars guy right? Did you hear anything about a vac truck that blew up on a lease last week near Hinton? They didnt put the ground straps on and it blew up and burned a couple of guys and also a grader that was parked nearby.

ziggy @ Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:29 am

Clogeroo Clogeroo:
Yay my power just came back on. It has been off since 1am.

Last september we had an ice storm and 70 towers were down,that put us and south east BC in the dark for allmost 7 days. No pc,bank machine,gas,travel,candles,etc etc. Nothing to do but read by the light of whatever birthday candles you could dig out of the drawyer.Thank god the phone worked,after 4 days I got someone to bring me a jerry can of gas so I could hit the big city and a bank machine and gas pump,then I picked up a 5000 watt generator on the ride home.It was a lifesaver but all the meat in my deep freeze went to the spca after that,apparently they make dog food out of it. We sure take things for granted these days.

kitty @ Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:46 am

It was such a mild evening that last night i only wore a pashmina instead of a coat. 8)

Ripcat @ Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:12 am

Well, it's noon January 4, sunny and currently +10 Celsius but getting warmer.

Grass is growing back in the gravel laneway, iris's are sprouting new growth and the periwinkle is flowering....it's a green winter.

I guess if I get a cold the periwinkle could come in handy:
The plant has historically been used to treat a wide assortment of diseases. It was used as a folk remedy for diabetes in Europe for centuries. In India, juice from the leaves was used to treat wasp stings. In Hawaii, the plant was boiled to make a poultice to stop bleeding. In China, it was used as an astringent, diuretic and cough remedy. In Central and South America, it was used as a homemade cold remedy to ease lung congestion and inflammation and sore throats. Throughout the Caribbean, an extract from the flowers was used to make a solution to treat eye irritation and infections.

Scorpio @ Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:17 am

ahh... i wish we ad snow. Its sunny here and it is suppoe to be in the pluses all weekend, rain and more rain later on. If theres not gonna be no snow then it should be like summer weather not like it is here. Warm one day Cold another.

hwacker @ Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:23 am

it's almost golf weather here in TO

gotta love this global warming :-)

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 ... 502  Next