Canada Kicks Ass
La Nina will return snow and cold to prairies next winter

1  2  Next

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:04 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon ... -1.3537499

:?

Oh goody.

fifeboy @ Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:15 pm

Guess I better get my block heater fixed!

Zipperfish @ Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:18 pm

I wouldn't put money on it. Depends if the blob is ENSO related, and if changing ice regimes in the Arctic will impact the jet stream.

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:22 pm

Hockey season extended....Canadians jubilant.

BartSimpson @ Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:26 pm

:lol:

herbie @ Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:12 pm

Hope not. Quite enjoyed $748 worth of credits on my gas bill...

Thanos @ Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:15 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
I wouldn't put money on it. Depends if the blob is ENSO related, and if changing ice regimes in the Arctic will impact the jet stream.

Also Hitler. And gaysecks. Image

raydan @ Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:45 pm

This winter isn't over yet and we're already talking about the next one... go to hell, all of you!!! :evil:

andyt @ Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:51 pm

Winter isn't over? Only because there wasn't any to be over in the first place. Pbbbbbbllllllfffffttttt.

Canadian_Mind @ Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:07 pm

Fuck me.

Vamp018 @ Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:54 pm

raydan raydan:
This winter isn't over yet and we're already talking about the next one... go to hell, all of you!!! :evil:

You want them to go to Texas or Nevada :lol: :twisted: . I'm enjoying beautiful Spring and Actual Real Rain/Hail for once since leaving Las Vegas.

bootlegga @ Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:42 am

raydan raydan:

With the mild winter the West had, it's easy to forget that you guys out east have had to deal with the polar vortex for the last couple weeks.

Meanwhile, I'm out here wearing shorts while I cut my grass. :P

ShepherdsDog @ Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:05 pm

F#@& yourself! !!!!! :evil:

Canadian_Mind @ Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:00 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:

We saw the low 20s a couple time at the end of march. supposed to get mid-high 20s on Monday and Tuesday.

bootlegga @ Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:35 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:

:lol:

Normally we share the pain of Canadian winters with most other Prairie dwellers, but not this year. A strong El Nino is pretty popular with most people in Alberta (except maybe those in agriculture) because it produces relatively mild winters with a lot less snow. During the one inf 1997/98 (strongest on record I believe), we had a brown Christmas and it rose to +6 or something on Boxing Day!

This year, on the first weekend in March, my apples tree started budding and I saw a beetle the weekend after that! Typically, we have to wait for April for those signs of spring.

1  2  Next